A waste of wine?

Jk wales

There were two elderly men who used to meet up ritually once a year and discuss fine wines and sip in splendor etc..

But they always had this little wager, the host of the two, would parade several glasses of wine on a table in a row.

The other gent, would test his knowledge and skills honed over a lifetime to identify not only the wine, but where it came from the grape etc etc. Well normally the guest was so talented in the wine industry, he was not only able to 'guess' the wine, he knew all the minor details, like who distributed it to whom, etc..

The guest of the two was never concerned with losing his wager, he had plenty of money. He was just excited to see the guest fail. But alas, he never failed. Until this Onnnnne,,, timmme..

Previously the host had been travelling far away and came across a little vineyard. This vineyard was too small to be a quality vintage exporter of wine could it? The guest announced himself and spent considerable money just to find out.

When in the vineyard he was shocked to see it was run purely by one family. A family of no more than 7. Everything was done so small and rustic, even the labels were wet and hand stuck, some wonky, some straight etc.

The wine itself? Of the highest quality. A wine suitable for even the greatest of beings.

He 'had it' yes yes fuck me yes, I got him I got the bastarrrrd.

Fast forward ....

The two gents are back in the house exchanging pleasantries when the wager was announced.

In his confidence the host wagered more than ever before. The wager was their 'estates'!

The all important 5th glass. The last glass was what everything he ever owned and sweat for was hinging on.

As you can expect, the guest was breezing through the mystery wines, then he got to the 5th and final glass, the atmosphere as you can imagine was innnnnntense, sweating at the temple the lot. A wry smile and a sip...

the guest paused looked him and pointed - arghgh. hh

and he died.

I just thought I'd say sorry if I pissed anyone off, its a fun story, I have had many a friend over with it.
Even strangers have been listening in the background without me knowing and had those too. weird sense of humour.. peace x

Back
Top Bottom