Amsterdam, my last day

Hestia

The Last Morning

I open my eyes to a dreary, rainy, chilly morning. That pretty well summed up my mood too. Aw well, let's get up and at 'em. I was going to walk to Central Station this morning so I could say a lingering farewell to Amsterdam but to hell with that, it's pouring rain out there! I'll get a taxi to take me. I showered and packed my stuff. Where did all this new crap come from? I'll make it fit somehow.

One thing I make sure to do before leaving the hotel for the airport is to roll up a HUGE doobie, open the window and kick back on my little bed. From a semi-reclining position I had a good view fo the Singel Canal. Managed to work up an ass-kicking buzz. It was so mellow!:smokin:

There was a "problem" to deal with. I had a sweet pipe and some smoke left over. What do I do with it? :thedoubletake: I surely hate to waste prime smoke, ya know. An answer came to me.

I opened my door and knocked on my neighbors door. I just had a nodding acquaintance with them, a young Italian couple, but I knew them to be smokers. When the young man opened his door I handed him my pipe and reefer and said "Have a buzz on me". His face lit up like a lamp and he thanked me with a big thank-you in Italian. At least I hope it was a thank-you. As I said, "never waste the bud". The last remaining obstacle was getting down those damned steep stairs with a terminal buzz!

Downstairs for breakfast, coffee and toast. As I paid my bill I had the front desk call me a ride. I'm ready to go. Sorry to leave of course, but ready to go home. I'll never forget this time. It's given me a deep hunger to see more of this world. I'm tired of just working every day to see the sun go down a night. I want to see where the sun comes up too. I've had a change in my outlook and it's all to the good.

The cabbie takes me right to Central Station. Inside a nice man in a blue uniform shows me how to get a train ticket. After a quiet ride to the airport I had no problem getting my flight. Everything is running as smooth as silk. The only thing interesting that happened on the flight back to the U. S. A. Is that my seat neighbor was my buddy from one of the coffee shops. He was bushed! We talked for a few minutes about what a great time we had, then said sleep well to each other, kicked back and thats all she wrote until we landed in America:peace:

wow dude sounds awesome, I have an old friend I wish to visit in Amsterdam one day.

Thank you for taking us on your trip with you, I've enjoyed it. Are pictures in the future?

I agree! I have really enjoyed reading the adventures in Amsterdam (probably the closest I'll ever get to being there).

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Yes I do have some pictures. Will post them when I figure out how, I'm still new at this. Any suggestions will be appreciated. This is so cool!

On a different note, I heard a joke the other day: A totally stoned guy at a party wanders over to the host and asks "Do you have green toilet paper that says F___ you?" Host scratches his head and says "No, I don't". Stoned guy says "Damn, I musta wiped my ass with your parrot!"

Finally got some pictures posted:cheesygrinsmiley:

They are in the gallery section, under Hestia Amsterdam. Took a while to get them there, had to fight to get the size small enough to post.:thedoubletake:

They were taken with cheap disposable film cameras. That way I wouldn't be out much if I got too wasted and left one behind somewhere.:ganjamon:
A lot of the shots I took mean something to me, but are too dark to post well. Or they show people. Hubby said that without a signed model release I'd better be leary of posting them. Spoilsport.

Let me know what you think.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom