My new Amsterdam trip, day 3 & 4

Hestia

OK, guys! Here's some more stuff to read.

Day 3, Friday April 10th

Tourist day today. After the big Dutch breakfast and a big Dutch high.:cool: From the 420 bag. we got directions from Hennie were to pick up the tram to the museumplein. Wanted to go to the Rijksmuseum and see the Rembrants and such. Van Gogh museum is right there as well, Figured both in one day would be overdose on culture. The Rijksmuseum is being renovated, so everything is shoe horned into a smaller area Lots of nice antique silver, plenty of paintings and a couple of cases of antique weapons in the room with "Night Watch" Have seen the reproductions of Night watch and the Drapers guild many times. In person they are overwhelming. The people are all life sized. Seeing the Drapers Guild, L made a bad joke about the size of the cigar box that was on. (Drapers Guild is the painting used in boxes of Dutch Masters Cigars) (you know you are getting old if you remember tobacco ads on TV and remember live actors dressed to look like the painting singing the Dutch masters jingle to the camera)

After absorbing all the culture we could stand, we wondered over a few blocks and found Vondelpark. Barely stuck our noses in, then left for Leidesplein. Checked in at Boom Chicago to find out the deal on the St. Nick boat tours, then across the way to the Bulldog coffee shop. Yes I know. Total tourist trap, but there is something about this big noisy joint I like. Steps are a bitch, music is too loud and I've never been able to find the can! (toilet) But I don't give a damn! The smoke is good and the place has the best bartenderess I've ever seen (she was there on my last visit too) A dark haired young woman, who's quick as a wink and didn't miss a thing. She makes the best hot chocolate in Amsterdam. The bud tender is cool too, one you get him talking. He never led me wrong on my choice of smoke. :smokin: And after my first visit always greeted me with a smile and a good word, maybe it's because we were both old farts. Everyone in here seemed happy and ready to party, no matter when I was there. I bought a pkg. of pre tolled spifs 4 different kinds in its own little cigarette package with a bulldog on it. That was a hoot!! Also a gram of the am haze- wow! :grinjoint:and some of the most delicious orange juice-very refreshing fresh squeezed

They also had coin fed Internet access that let me check my e-mail and make a post on the forum. Price wasn't too bad for the convenience. A 2 Euro coin bought 20 min and plenty of time to read e-mail and post.

Then down the street to a little cafe on a side street for some lunch. Split pea soup and a meatball sandwich. Both very good. Pea soup seems to be a national dish....I understand why ...yummy. Then to Rembrandtplein, & the floating flower market which had been recommended to us. That day it was chock full of stalls selling flowers and bulbs. Hard to resist, but these were marketed to locals and we wouldn't have been able to get them back into the U. S. Never fear, there were many small shops selling all things touristy and Amsterdamy waiting to take your money in exchange for keepsakes of various quality. Delft ornaments anyone?

Back toward the central area and to Basjos. I had heard so much about Basjos, I can't wait to see. Thank you lemming for the Map online again, it has saved our asses. L reads a good map, also has a fine sense of direction. So he leads us there with no problem.

I like this place, Dark & cool inside, nice able & chairs outside if you want the Sun, Yes it's sunny and warm. P. S. There is also a nice clean Bathroom, just lovely. James, of the long dreads, is a super nice man. I introduce myself & L, we shook hands all around, I told him I was with the 420 forum and I hoped it was still OK for us to have a meet & greet on Sunday. I got a big smile and an affirmative answer, Bitchen. After this we got coke lites, big bottles and a gram of James's special smoke white cheese, wow! Good clean but heavy buzz. Strong head high. This was the best high so far by a long shot.

A bit more window shopping. A bit more touristy oohing and aahing at the buildings, a bite of supper at a place we passed, then back to the room and our little terrace on the canal to kick back and smoke up. I have several more fine smokes to add to my 420 bag this evening...

Day 4, Sat April 11,

Up by 7:00 -SUNNY I have my usual-coffee and a pipe or two of my mixed bag ,very nice. stone..:cool: Started the day at the weekly neighborhood street market. We could see them setting up from the terrace. Lots of clothes, produce, knickknacks and cheese. Fresh stroopwaffels being made in front of our eyes, tantalizing smells. Bought some very sweet baby strawberries and a cinnamon roll to keep the waffle company in our stomachs. Leftover strawberries passed on to a nice lady sitting nearby walking a cute little dog. A fun hour poking around. Picked up a few gifts and some Gouda to take back with us. The cheese vendors were happy to make sales and freely distributing samples. They even threw in a jar of French mustard to go with the cheese.. Also found a beautiful long flowing shirt for a good price.

Another gorgeous day in Amsterdam. Plenty of sunshine in the forecast, as I reminded the people in the Freeland. I love the look on their faces when they see me, wouldn't miss it for the world. I start the day there wit a hot chocolate and a gram of AM Haze, a strong smoke, almost too strong, I was fine with it thanks to years experience smoking.

More walking and I make a pre lunch stop in at the 420. They have my Lady Grey tea ready and a choice of pre-rolled joints today because I'm feeling lazy ,to choose from. I've got them trained by now. They are good people and respond to their customer's needs and desires.

After a tasty lunch, don't ask me just what or where, we went into the touristy portion of the day. A genuine tourist tour of the keukenhof gardens. Out in the bulb growing area, the gardens are open 2 months a year, mid-march through mid may. If you are in the mood to explore it is a short train ride from Amsterdam, followed by a short bus ride. Or you can be like us and wimp out with the tourist tour. For not much more, you get a narrated bus ride from just off central station to the gardens, admission included. Door to door convenience, minimizes the chance of getting lost and ending up in Brussels by mistake. We drove through the fields of tulips, daffodils & hyacinths on the way there and back. Mind blowing color. The gardens were busy as might be expected, but there was enough area so it didn't seem crowded, there was room to sit and enjoy the flowers any time the mood struck. The lilacs struck us as especially pretty. They even had an old style Dutch windmill on the property that you could climb in. How cool is that? The view from the upper level was stunning. Gardens to one side, fields of flowers on the other. We walked out feet off and snapped many photos. On the way back the tour proved its worth, since we didn't have to worry about trying to change a bus for a train, but just rode in comfort back to town.

Picked up a bite to eat, stopped at the 420 -of course, gram of the 420 haze - good stone, another candidate for the party bag I'm thinking! then we wandered down to Dam square and just sat on the steps in the late afternoon sun, near the monument watching people go by. I'm soooo stoned, With the carnival the place was packed. Oh by the way what's with the pigeons - dive bombing feathered rats!!

Then wandered through the red light district just to see it when busy. 1st string out this evening. More windows populated. Boobies... boobies ... everywhere! Back to the room, bushed. Stopping only at a food store on the way to stock up on cookies, and candy for me, Heiniken for L. shoes off, feet up, pipe loaded ...awwwwwww life is good & good night.

More to come,
Hestia:peace:

Re: my new Amdterdam trip, day 3 & 4

Very nice read.
I live 30 minutes from Amsterdam (car/train),
Must be more than ten years ago since I've been there.

Wietzaadje, Why haven't been to the Dam in 10 years? I think if I lived that close I'de have a trail worn in the road from traveling it so often ;););)

hehe, I get most of my smoke in Gouda (yes, from the cheese, lol).
I'ts only 10 minutes by train from where I live.
I'm ashamed to say my sister lives in Amsterdam but I've never been to her new house.
Maybe I go this month, I want to try all the new strains too :)
I've only been smoking SSH and amnesia haze for the last two years.
And I have some Lemon skunk, The church and Trainwreck (all GHS) on my balcony but they probably will be kind of late at 52 degrees lat.
It always puts a smile on my face to read this kind of journals and makes me wanna go soon.

Back
Top Bottom