619ster's First Grow: Pure Royal Kush July 2010

619ster

Well, after reading many journals and being intrigued with the 420mag community, I have decided to start a journal of my own. Originally was only planning on doing a grow with no journal and just lurk around seeking info. But with all the positive support I have seen on this site, I think a journal will help me get the very best out of my grows as I learn and experiment. I still have much to get in order before I can give full details of my grows as I am still in process of completing my grow room, but nonetheless I started on the grow already and surpassed my expectations and still running strong. I will post pics leading up to what I now have going on and let you all see the progress for yourself. All tips, suggestions, comments and ideas are welcome. More details coming as well as pics.:peacetwo:

High 619ster!

We are glad you decided to start a journal! Not only is it a lot of fun to be able to show off the fruits of your labor but it also makes asking for help a lot easier when we can see what you have been doing and how the plants are looking! I for one am eager to see what you have going on over there! You have me waiting on the edge of my seat in anticipation for your photos! :)

Best wishes and good vibes for you and your garden!

Welcome.

The community is what got me. I'm registered to several forums, but I rarely visit the others these days and then only to clean up some posts and replies. I think this is the best learning forum of them all.

I'm looking forward to following your grow.

Thanks all for dropping by. As u can see I'm still in the process of getting everything in order. And I'm still learning posting pics n uploading n all that. But journal is well under way. Peace!

Well here we go! Time for the details of my grow as of now. Like I said it is ever changing, and I'm still in the process of establishing my designated grow space. So details of grow now, will be different in a week or two. The strain I am growing is a Indica dominant hybrid consisting of Pure Kush crossed with Royal Kush. Right now I am using 6 inch net pots with Hydroton as my medium. I used a regular Sterlite tub/tote as the res. Cut holes in the lid myself and placed net pots side by side. Using a dual outlet air pump and two small airstones for aeration. Nutrients being used are General Hydroponics Flora Series (Lucas Formula 0-5-10, will move up to 0-8-16 when I get my new light). Lighting as of now is cfl warm whites 2700K (about 150 watts) since I am now flowering. During veg I was using daylight cfl 6500K (26-100 watts) starting with one bulb and adding more as growth increased. Currently I am expecting my Spectra 180 LED lamp from GrowLEDHydro as I expect to save energy, and dont want to deal with heat issues. If theres anything I am missing or if theres anything anybody would like to know feel free to ask. Pictures coming!:cool:

I grew from seed and did not really expect to make it this far so no seedling pics. Seeds were not feminized. Here is my fresh setup once seedlings vegged for a week n a half or so. I sprouted from rockwool, then just burried it in the hydroton rockwool n all.

Picture_1133.jpg

As you can see, one of them is a monster compared to the other. IDK why but growth has always exploded from the one nearest the wall. Maybe mother plant characteristics?

Picture_1113.jpg

And they're off!! I vegged for about 35 days total. all pics are about 3-5 days apart. Pretty nice growth rate for my first try at hydro huh? At least I seem to think:thumb:

Picture_1152.jpg

Got a lil tired of watching the other plant outgrow the other so I decided to experiment on the smaller one. My first topping attempt. and a few different shots n angles

Picture_1202.jpg

Picture_1173.jpg

Picture_1252.jpg

Picture_1181.jpg

And maybe you might notice one of my fan leaves a bit hacked up. Yes, the inevitable happened.... dropped a lamp on my girls. Felt like a numbnuts, but after reading more journals I realized it happens to us all lol

And here is the most recent pics of my emerging forest. Foliage getting dense. 12/12 lighting is now underway. Can't wait to see flowers! I'll be dumbfounded if any turn out to be males. But everything about em screams females!:goodluck:

Picture_1444.jpg

Picture_1391.jpg

Picture_1431.jpg

Picture_1381.jpg

Picture_1362.jpg

wow, ladies are looking wonderful! was there smug on you lense or did you make 'em look like hat on purpose? Either way I like it! makes them look like like a dream or something
. :)

wow, ladies are looking wonderful! was there smug on you lense or did you make 'em look like hat on purpose? Either way I like it! makes them look like like a dream or something
. :)

Might be the lights kinda messing with it, I have only taken cell phone pics so far. Might have to start bustin out the better camera further into flower. But I won't lie, I do go 2 sleep n wake up 2 a pretty nice sight :cheesygrinsmiley:

Damn I just keep F'n up!! Tripped over one of my lamps power cords and the thing came down on my big girl:oops: Nothing I can see that was too major tho. Just some slight bruising. Hope all is well

Back
Top Bottom