Mystery CFL Grow

Ugodmade

Hello and welcome to my grow . I will be starting things off with 6 random seeds that i have saved from one of the few times I got good ganja around here . Most of the time its so compressed all the seeds are crushed in with the non manicured over priced under weighed crap . that's one reason i have started growing my own . Oneday i will go somewhere and get me some true strain name seeds but for now its just whatever pops up and that is actually part of the fun for me . I have never been disappointed off my own grown . Especially the outdoor grows outdoor is always best to me but since i found out about these cfls and how easy it is i dont see why everyone that smokes dont have at least one plant going . Today I sat up a small cabinet for starting my seedlings in. so far I have my Mylar up, I put in two 25w cfls, I built little terrariums out of Folgers cans and some other clear container i found . I placed a small pot in the coffee can with my seed I had planted and I cut a large circle out of the coffee can lid then I put clear plastic over the can and placed the lid ring over the plastic then I punched small holes in it.
DSC004444.jpg

DSC004484.jpg

DSC004472.jpg

Traditionally as an entry point, the regs in Florida are generally cheaper and better than most of the rest of the country. This past year has been absolute shit for quality, and Krypp is 400++ an ounce.
Like you, I've started growing. I've been saving seeds from good bags for years....I'll likely never NEED to buy another seed :)
I'm using CFLs to supplement sunshine, and as you observed...it works really well. I was pretty well pleased with this summers crop, and I'll only get better at it. Any questions....I'll try to help:welcome:

Traditionally as an entry point, the regs in Florida are generally cheaper and better than most of the rest of the country. This past year has been absolute shit for quality, and Krypp is 400++ an ounce.
Like you, I've started growing. I've been saving seeds from good bags for years....I'll likely never NEED to buy another seed :)
I'm using CFLs to supplement sunshine, and as you observed...it works really well. I was pretty well pleased with this summers crop, and I'll only get better at it. Any questions....I'll try to help:welcome:

I got regs in Florida about 10 years ago, and it was complete garbage. Brown, with sticks and seeds everywhere. It was all I could get for a week, until around the last day of my vaca. One of the locals was like "Hey you wana get some kryppy?" I had no clue what that meant. In the Northeast, we called it dro or kindbud. I thought they were talkin bout some other drugs. Haha. Needless to say, I bought some and it was really good shit.

Thanks for stopping by glad to have you . Now if those seeds would just sprout we could get underway . I harvested my last plant today and stuck some clones in the vegbox it will be the first time i have tried a clone and i read its harder to do with a budded plant but i thought i would try 6 and i gave away 4 i also left some bud on the main girl and put her to reveg again just to experiment and see what happens

I'm in for this one ... I also have been saving seeds from god smoke for years . I'm at the end of a closet cfl grow now .

Wolf

I'm noticing that clones taken from plants well into flower, grow into bushes...short and dense. They also take a lot longer than regular cuttings to get going....but it works. Beans are faster:rollit:

Good info there chopper I am just experimenting and having fun with it I dont have a preference or a time limit anything i get is a plus . Still no sprouts yet but i didn't germinate or anything i just stuck them in the dirt . It will take a week or so i am guessing .

no actually the temp has went up I should explain better this is a plant i just harvested and put back into veg that is one of the small buds left on the plant I think it may be dieing . But on another note I came home from work to find I have two seedlings #1
1x1.jpg
and #4
4x1.jpg
have sprouted .

A new chapter I think all pot whatever strain or where you got the seeds if you grow them with care and take time to dry and cure right there is no bad bud all buds are good buds :) just thought i would share that little tid bit as i was toking the bong and wondering what kinda bud these seeds may bring ,

Not sure why #4 isn't doing well is it a slow grower or is something wrong? the others still have not came up and one clone died but the others have roots now and still nothing new with the reveg I believe it takes a while i need to transplant it in a bigger pot but i dont have dirt yet maybe i will get that done tomorrow
1xx1.jpg

1xxx.jpg

4xx1.jpg

4xxx.jpg

A new chapter I think all pot whatever strain or where you got the seeds if you grow them with care and take time to dry and cure right there is no bad bud all buds are good buds :) just thought i would share that little tid bit as i was toking the bong and wondering what kinda bud these seeds may bring ,

I think the commercial growers have mixed and matched different strains so much, you can't tell what's gonna pop out of a bagseed bean. I've yet to find a single seed that didn't grow into better quality smoke than the commercial mids bag it came out of. Taking care of the nutes and lights....perfect watering schedules, and most of all....ripping out the males. These all lead to a much better product than what it came from (as long as you're talking about commercial pressed weed)...usually Mexican around here.
More than once, something nice and fruity came out of a bag of very "eh" weed.

Chop is right. You can almost always do better than the cash cropper that created your bag of mids. Weed gets mishandled, picked at the wrong time, improperly dried and not even cured. Growing your own means getting the best that is available for any given strain unless you buy from an extremely dedicated grower. And in that case you know what you are getting and paying dearly for it.

Thanks i hope not to but i have started backups just in case . Never seen a seedling look like this i think it maybe a genetic defect but it cant hurt to let it go its course and see what happens sometimes the freaks and misfits are more interesting ..

Back
Top Bottom