Dexter4Morgan's Kill Room - The LED Revolution Continues Grow

Dexter4Morgan

Hello everyone

I'm Dexter4Morgan. You may wonder whats up with the name. Dexter is one of my favorite shows, when he kills people he calls the area his Kill Room. The 4 in my name is supposed to be a knife since he cuts people up LOL.

I'm a Medical Card Holder, with a prescription from a doctor to grow cannabis for my Medical Conditions.

First time ever growing

I would like to give a huge THANK YOU TO DocBud, Pitviper and everyone else for answering my questions and helping me to get to this point.

STRAINS: LA Confidential (4), Grand Daddy Purps (3), Purple Train Wreck x Sour Diesel (3), Venus Flytrap from seed (2)

LIGHTS: 300W LED Lights

MEDIUM: Fox Farms Ocean Forrest 75% pearlite 25%

POT SIZE: 10 gal

# OF PLANTS: 12

GROW AREA: Basement Veg Room 8 x 10 x 7 roughly, Flower Room 7.5 x 10 x 7. Work area/Nursery 6 x 10 x 7

FERTILIZER'S: Dynamite Red Bottle fertilizer, OC+, Bio-Tone Starter Plus, Earth Tone Garden Tone, IRonite, Green Fuse Bloom, molasses during veg and Sucanat during flower, Maxicrop Liquid Seaweed, ZHO for clones seeds and whatever else I decide

Using Rain Water exclusively right now

My basement had a room already built with a door on it. So I cleared it and divided it into 3 rooms. A work/storage area, veg room and flower room

build_out_1.JPG

build_out_2.JPG
build_out_3.JPG
build_out_5.JPG
build_out_4.JPG
build_out_6.JPG
build_out_7.JPG
build_out_8.JPG

re: Dexter4Morgan's Kill Room- The LED Revolution Continues Grow

Mylar on the walls

Work area

GROW_ROOM_13.JPG

GROW_ROOM_34.JPG

IF you want to keep your area clean this is the best hand vac around. It beat the $175 Dyson and some other dildo looking one in a test by Popular Mechanics. Search for the comparison video its great
GROW_ROOM_1_A.JPG

yeah I went a little nuts with the DM but when its one cent a container or free I got all I could. That is just one side of the TV cart LOL
GROW_ROOM_24.JPG

Got the first clones on 12-5

Got the GDP and Purple Train Wrecks on 12-10

3 of the LA Cons went in to the containers on 12-13

Pics from 12-16

I have since installed a cheap shop light so i can take pics. I turn it on before lights go out take pics for 5 minutes then its dark time

GR_B.JPG
GR_A.JPG

The LA Con's are showing a little burn on the tips of some leaves. I believe this is from premixing the soil then having to let it sit for about 3 weeks before I put them in it. The guy I got the clones from said they would be rooted and ready. Had to wait past the day he promised them then I felt they were not ready for the pots yet.

Pics from 12-24

GROW_ROOM_51.JPG

GROW_ROOM_41.JPG

I planted 2 Feminized Venus Flytraps seeds from Nirvana on 12-13 they cracked with 24 hours of soaking in water. But I put them in a dome with a heat pad underneath and cooked them.

So I tried 2 more on 12-24. Within 3 days they broke ground. One was soaked in rainwater and one in rainwater and seaweed (1 T to a gallon)

One of the LA Con clones was a runt and the guy threw it as freebie. It has been a slow grower. I figure it if has problems and I can save it I learn how to save a plant the only way to learn is to do it so letting it live teaches me more than yanking it and starting another.

Pics from 12-30

GROW_ROOM_10.JPG

GROW_ROOM_111.JPG

GROW_ROOM_121.JPG

GROW_ROOM_131.JPG

GROW_ROOM_14.JPG

The runt with some issues
GROW_ROOM_15.JPG

GROW_ROOM_16.JPG

Please feel free to ask questions, comments or add advice insight.

Lights are 18/6 right now.

Going to let the plants get about 24 inches tall then flip to 12/12.

2 LA Con's have been LSTed

the Grand Daddy Purps seem to be very slow growing anyone know anything about their growing habits ?

looks good D.
love all the red DM, lol.
only thing i know about GD is they are pretty slow growers and dont get big buds
good luck bro:ganjamon:

Some how missed the seedling pics

Venus Flytrap Under a T5 4 bulb setup and heat mat below to start with, sprouted within 3 days

put them under the LED's (12-30) 2 days after they broke ground

GROW_ROOM_17.JPG

One funny part about this as my first grow. I can't wait until the lights come back on so I can go see how they are doing.

Dedication to my ladies ? Yes last night at 2 in the morning drunk I'm collecting rain water for them LOL

wow, I love your setup Dexter!

:adore: :adore: :adore:

I like everything about it. Your planning and design, framing and drywall, choice of grow gear, organization, and grow method.

I love your grow room ;)

My only suggestion is to watch out for those 10gal pots staying wet too long under LED lights. One of the things I love about LED lights is that they help to decrease watering frequency, but I'm concerned about using 5gal pots for soil grows, so the 10gal pots may stay wet too long.

Going up on the perlite to 50% when using big pots will compensate for that when growing with LED lights, but it dilutes the nutrient package of the mix, so will probably need a little more nute supplementation.

You may be OK with the 30%, but watch for compacted and soggy soil at the bottom.

I'm going to read through again, cause I really like your setup, and your pics and journal style too ;)

best wishes for a good New Year and a good harvest ;)

p.s. love those hunter orange stakes!!!

The "walls" are that Poly Shield insulation you can see it on the walls of the work area. Then mylar over that.

The bottom of the pots have 96 ounces (volume) of straight pearlite in the bottom about 2 inches deep. I did not want any chance of bugs getting up in there.

Those orange stakes are the fiberglass ones people put in their yards. i have used those stupid green bamboo stakes in the yard and I hate them.

Thank you for the kind words and wealth of knowledge

I'm jealous. Nice set up Dexter. Looking forward to this.

Thanks guys All I learned I learned from all of you. I read and read for 2-3 months as I was getting stuff together.

Back
Top Bottom