1st Bloombox Grow - Big Bud - Cheese

Arnold27

I am very new to all of this and I am ready to embark on this exciting journey with BC Northern-lights Bloombox... I hope you all will follow me on this journey and help me out throughout the process. I have done most of my research and BC Northern-lights comes with step by step instructions, but we all know that it is not as simple as that! I am a true testament for the Bloombox being "newbie user friendly" ha! I will keep an updated journal along with pictures.

Germination:
Started 1:00pm 2/15/2011
placing seeds in ph 5.6 water (tap water that reads 7.9 ph to begin with) in a dark room for no more than 24 hrs

SEEDS:
SAGARMATHA SEEDS Chunky Cheese Feminized

Sex : Feminized
Type : Indica, Sativa, Indica / Sativa
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : N/A
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : N/A
Height : Medium
THC Level : High
Characteristics : perfect Christmass tree, frosting with sticky crystal balls of glissling THC trichromes.

Sagarmatha Seeds Chunky Cheese is a strain of cheese from the the original Big Budda gene pool and has been especially selected for her aroma and high yields. Chunky Cheese is a potent skunk 1 plant which brings that unique taste and aroma from the early 80´s straight to your pipe. This girl grows up to be the perfect Christmas tree, frosting with sticky crystal balls of glissening THC trichromes. Her cannabis seeds take 55 days to flower. This cup winner will be sure to bring happiness and good cheer to all your friends and family. So grow some cheeze and go crackers

Pick and Mix Sensi Seeds Limited Edition Big Bud Feminized

Sex : Feminized
Type : Mostly indica
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : {Big Bud x NL#1} x Big Bud
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : October
Height : Medium, Tall
THC Level : Med / High

Characteristics : Gigantic BudsSensi Seeds Limited Edition Big Bud: Big Bud has always been famous as a cannabis strain with staggering yields. Her superior Indica pedigree was carefully refined and steadily improved over many years and has now been perfected for release as an all-female seed strain! The first clone-only Big Bud was a sturdy Afghanica infused with Skunk genes - a hybrid possessing amazing vigour and unexpected, record-breaking production. Through extensive research and testing, Sensi Seeds were able to take the Big Bud clone back to her roots by breeding with a rare and special Afghani, resulting in the original, award-winning Big Bud seed-strain. Breeding continued, with the aim of producing a reliable, uniform feminized version of this super-productive variety which, after years of work, is now available to the public! Sensi´s all-female hybrid is as vigorous and potent as ever and has received a further refinement in aroma - a crisp, spicy undercurrent runs through her sweet-fruit flavour. Resin production is prolific, even on the inner surfaces of flower clusters, making for a powerful physical stone that´s brightened by the high of Skunk´s Sativa ancestors. Cannabis seeds growth is very strong, yet height gain is easy to control and predict. Finished plants can be kept under 30cm if flowered as seedlings, while huge plants can be easily achieved with a longer vegetation time. Lateral branching is subdued, with most production occurring on the main stem, making feminized Big Bud a natural SOG strain when kept small, and an ideal candidate for topping when grown to medium or large sizes. As with the regular version, enormous production remains the central feature of feminized Big Bud. On both small and large plants, flower clusters are huge, sparkling, and wonderfully solid!

Goal:
more quantity over quality!

:tokin::tokin::tokin::tokin::tokin::tokin::tokin::tokin::tokin:

Re: 1st BLOOMBOX GROW: Big Bud/Cheese

Today at 4:30 I moved 1 of the seeds that sprouted through the rockwoll to the veg side chamber, the other 5 have not sprouted through yet...hope they are doing okay!!!! Tom night if they haven't im going to get really nervous

its been a around 8 days and two have sprouted the other ones were bad seeds :( When should I start putting in nutrients with the water?

Being your first grow, don't get discouraged for seeds that don't germ. It's a learning experience and everyone here will help in one way or another. The positive note is you have 2 that sprouted. I have the tendency to drop seeds in coco pellets for the more natural germinating method, but tend to lose more than I get to sprout due to my memory issues. I would definitely recommend the paper towel method of germinating. It is simply the easiest and most effective method the majority of people are using now. I only bring this up because you said they sprouted through the rockwool so correct me if I'm wrong or misinterpreted. You might want to wait until they get some good sets of leaves growing before you add nutes and then only start them with 1/4 strength. If I'm not mistaken, I waited about 2-3 weeks, but everyone has their own methods so what I say is not a definitive rule. What kind of nutes are you going to use? Hope this helps and good luck.

I agree with KannabisKid you dont want to start them on the nutes too early or too strong you could burn them up and cause more harm than good this early in their life. Its hard to be patient but just wait it out and you will have better results

UPDATE: Well like I said, no grow comes easy! My PH pen broke and now I am working off PH strips for the weekend until I get new PH pen Monday. The cheese is looking very nice 6 leaves have sprouted n about 2 inch tall with root system starting out the bottom of the rockwool. The big bud is looking ok and is scaring me a little bit but I am keeping with her. I want to transplant the cheese into the mother plant tube w/coco coir. I need some help with this...

Q. When should I do this?
- the cheese is in the 1' rockwool and want to keep it as a mother, ANY advice with the process would be helpful!!!!

- I started nut w 1ml of A/B per gallon and its working nicely for cheese, not so good with big bud so i backed off and kept with steady ph distilled water

UPDATE: transplanted my cheese mother plant into bucket and am using ph balance water with 2ml A/B and B52. Looking good and order new seeds so that I wouldn't have to wait 6 months for clones. I will be germinating new seeds when they arrive :) CANT WAIT. Anyone help me on the watering cycle of the motherplant? about 2 weeks old from seed.

Hey Arnold... nice to see another BCNl'er! Hang on in there and things will begin to unfold quickly and nicely. I'm in the midst of my 1st grow also and am finding my Producer easy as pie.

I would say that your comment on waiting 6 mos for clones is a bit long-sided. I germed my seeds on 11/18/10 and am now in the second week of flower. This does not include the delays I've experienced.

You should be thrilled with that cab as everything you need is under one roof!

Please let me know if I may help you with anything... if I know it it's yours. If you haven't already, you might want to take a peek in on xlr8's BCNL Mothership grow journal(s). Plenty of great experience there.

Echoing HempRocket... got any pics?

Best of luck to you!!!

I'm on for the ride! :popcorn:

I have been very busy lately but I will post pictures soon... Cheese mother plant is going steady w/ 2ml A n B w B52. and Ill take pic of the big bud but she isn't doing well at all!!!! I hope someone can help with her...but I will keep everyone updated when the new seeds arrive and I start germination. Thanks for the help and support

not 6 months...6 weeks lol

UPDATE: I just received my seeds in mail...hopefully these aren't a batch of bunk seeds like my last ones! I am on wk3 of cheese mother plant. It is starting to get a little yellow and light green so I up the nutrients and am watering every 3/4 days with 20 oz of 3ml A n B w 1 ml of B52. The big bud I gave up on :(

Quantity: 5
Pyramid Seeds Galaxy Feminized is one of Pyramid Seeds new varieties, and we have been surprised by the return of this new variety. It is a hybrid of Afghani and Northern Lights.
This plant is very indica, and with it's thick buds full of resin it is one of the most productive plants Pyramid Seeds have.
Because of its fast growth, Galaxy branches are a little bit too thin to hold the weight of the buds. Just like it is the case with the Wembley, we recommend building a support system so that the branches do not break due to the excess weight. It takes Galaxy cannabis seeds 55-60 days to flower and can be harvested at the end of September.

Quantity:4
Pyramid Seeds Pipi is a wonderful South African strain for it's easy care and its good reaction in every growing system. This variety comes from the famous “Power Plant” and “White Widow”, working a variety with a really good taste and big, compact and crystalline buds. Some people say that it’s really powerful. As we say, its adaptation makes it perfect for a vertical growing. In this way we have been surprised with the results. To cultivate outdoor in middle October. Indoor, we recommend no more than ten plants for each light with both seeds or cuttings.

Quantity:2 Pyramid Seeds White Widow is one of the most famous strains in the world. It’s always fashionable because if something is well-done it’s difficult to improve it; this is an example of one of our old genetics, not easy to find nowadays. It exists in other seeds´ bank with lower prices but not with this high quality. Widow’s lovers know what we want to say, that’s why we feminized this phenotype so that everybody could enjoy it. Plants adapt themselves to all systems without troubles. With a powerful effect, a fruity taste and its easy growing Pyramid Seeds White Widow is ideal for everybody. The harvest time outdoor is middle October.

DSC_01671.JPG

DSC_01662.JPG

UPDATE: mother plant is in week 3 today and still growing but still showing signs of light green/yellow. Any ideas/advice?

***Northerlights/Afghani all 5 have sprouted root and are placed in 1' inch rockwoll. The others have not yet sprouted but I am keeping fingers crossed! I germ 2 power plant and 2 of the white widow.

box kept at 75-80 degree

Congratulations on your new sprouts!

From what I can see, that yellowing is normal. Those little ones only support the plant in it's early stages. They will die off. Normal. The plant looks very nice.

What is the PPM and quality of your tap water?

Have you read How To Grow Marijuana here? It's a superb resource.

UPDATE: 1 white widow sprouted and 1 Power Plant sprouted and placed in 1 inch rockwoll on Sat noon. Then today at 9:00AM both of the others sprouted and placed in ph balance water 1 inch rockwoll.

So under the dome I have placed
5 NL/Afghani FRI 4/11
2 Power Plant SAT 4/12
2 White Widow SUN 4/13

I know that they are suppose to be kept in dark room 80-90 degree and to promote root growth placed on top of heat pad. So with that being said, I purchased the bloombox royal and have the dryer box for perfect use in this situation! I placed dome in dryer with heating pad underneath. I have a small heater unit that I have behind it to keep it right around 80-85 degree kept dark till sprouts show.

Back
Top Bottom