The Z Goes Indoor - Possible SCROG - Closet Blue Dream!

autoflowerzz

Hi guys Autoflowerzz here back for making another grow journal cus i kinda need some help getting along the way so please feel free comment whatever you like, but keep it sensible please :peace:

Lets get started:

So to start off with, the strain is feminised Blue Dream its a 90% indica dominant, reason being that Id like to keep it small as i dont have much grow space... YET!
Its now been 3/4 weeks since this baby started growing so im not that far in the process yet but im having a few problems already which ill put up pictures for later and explain a bit more in depth, As mentioned in the title im going to be growing indoor in a 2 x 2 x 4 cupboard as a lot of my friends are convinced that it is much more potent and better than growing outdoor which is my usual style of growing.
Its in soil as I lack the resources, space and money to make a hydro. My soil is made up of special bagged soil for herbs with a bit of perlite added, the size of the grows with the plant as ive convinced myself to keep transplanting untill i start flowering them.
I am using a bunch of CFLs ranging from 15 W to 30 W, no it is not yet aircooled as the pc fan i have is not rigged to the mains yet cus for some odd reason it wont turn with a normal 12v transformer :S but the temperatures and that bad to be honest (i think), its about 30ºC or 85ºF but the humidity is very low about 15% which kinda sucks.
I water the plant every other day unless the soil doesnt require any water yet, but i have had problems that i forgot and thought the plant died when it more or less fell over like a dead body...
I have used fertiliser, especially for fruiting plants which are in vegetative growth but i think i over nuted it so i stopped with that now...

Ok so that should be about it and as its getting kind of late I will have pictures of its progress up by tomorrow :thanks: and :Namaste:

Re: The Z goes indoor (possible scrog) closet Blue Dream!!

Oh yeah what I forgot was to explain the plant problems ive had since its "birth"...

First of all when the third node popped up i decided to fertilise the plant which it bloody loved cus it shot up a node the day after but then i left the soil too dry cus i thought the roots will go looking for water and get bigger and the plant will get stronger but then the leaves started "drying" a few days after i had given it water again and it was asif i left it in the sun with no water and 2 nodes are now all crisp and breaking apart, also the tips of the new nodes above it are also turning brownish and slouching downwards but the middle of the leaves look healthy dark green like in the movies ;) anyway more info tomorrow + some pictures.

Re: The Z goes indoor (possible scrog) closet Blue Dream!

SORRY FOR BAD QUALITY DONT JUDGE PLZ I GOT A BAD PHONE :p

Ok so heres the pictures of my progress and problems so far...

Week 1
1_week_old2.jpg

Week 2
2_weeks_old1.jpg

Week 3 and 2 days
3_5_weeks_old.jpg

And as you can see already that by the third week the leaves are starting to degrade at the bottom and turn a bit crip and fall off:
bad_looking_leaves.jpg

but although the top leaves are doing a lot better than the bottom ones they are still kind of burning at the tips and the jagged edges on the leaf are turning brownish... Id like to know why also if anyone could tell me :D

wtf_happenin_to_my_tips.jpg

Also what id like to know is what i should do now, either a scrog, top the plant or just lst as it really cant get too big otherwise the lights will burn it and i want it nice n bushy.

ok so i decided to transplant as i figured the roots would start to emerge a bit from the soil... I was on the right track but yet so far from the idea of ROOT BOUND!!
IMG_001224.JPG

on the same day i decided to try out a scrog, well sort of a scrog, i have the idea the holes are a bit too big but I wanted to try it out so plz correct me if its wrong + I havent seen any problems with the plant like before anymore which is a big plus.
Week 4.5 also:
IMG_001727.JPG

Oh and before i forget, a friend of mine noticed that my stalks were purple/blue and he sais thats problem with the plant being cold or a deficiency and as I still dont have a fan in there the coldness is crapped from book of problems but yh helpme out please :S But on the other side of the story the plant is called BLUE DREAM and is a mix between blueberry and OG kush so that could be reason for blueness... i dnno
IMG_001629.JPG

Ill be back when i see more progress in the plant or more problems arise!:ganjamon::peacetwo:

Haha thanks for dropping by Mark Green happy to see someone here so soon already, with my last journal no one commented only untill 4-5 weeks after the start of it :D so thanks for that :peace:
But yeh i was quite worried there might be something else wrong with the plant so i posted that picture... good to know my babys ok

Now after my weekly check of the plant i gave it a nice dosage of nutes and put a black plastic bag around the transparent "pot" to keep the roots away from light... heres some pics of the outward growth its been doing and soomething really strange which ive never seen before with LSTing a plant.
5 ish weeks:
IMG_002031.JPG

also something really wierd which ive never seen before is that the plant developed 3
different branches on a node instead of 2 which normally happens the three red lines vaguely show the branches...:
3_branches.jpg

Oh and also before I go I noticed a pair of white hairs in the 3rd last node on the plant which it should have but not this early in its life, I have added a bit of flowering nuted cus it has lots of phosphorus in it but it shouldnt be producing flowers already... right?
The picture is not amazing graphics cus i couldnt really capture it with my phone that easily but this is the best I got...
Also if you notice in the back the leaves have some white dots on them which is wierd as they really shouldnt have trichomes on them yet :S
bud_image_first_.jpg

I have had lower branches try to start flowering in veg when they are blocked from light. I do not know if this could be you situation...

I know what you mean, I am new to the fourm and find it hard to get people over to my grow. All in time.., I guess.

Your Blue dream is looking really good autoflowerzz!!! I noticed in your first post you mentioned that blue dream is indica dominant...do you have a special cross because bluedream is typically sativa dominant...blueberry x haze....not trying to nitpick...just was curious if you had a different type...cause that would be awesome :)

Haha thanks icemud for drpping by also and the answer to your question is yes i is indeed a dIfferent type of strain due to the fact that strange europeans take names from other well known names and get away with it BUT it is very similar firstly it is a DJ Short blueberry mix but not with a haze its mixed with an OG cush and due to very strange genetics which i would share with you if i could you might understand... Reason being is that i dont think im allowed to post other website names on here but if your Interested then you can search "mystic seed bank blue dream" in google and seedfinder (should be first option) will explain why it is indica dominant even though theyre all related to Lemon Thai which is sativa but it might exPlain the 10% sativa in there, capiche?... Wow im mind blown there haha but im glad your showing some interest. :peace:
Basically it is the same as kushberry but from diff seed bank

Wow...a blueberry x OGkush...sounds delicious!!! I'm a huge bluedream fan but have never seen this combo with blueberry...I gotta check the local clubs and see if anyone has these nugs.... Thanks for the explanation autoflowerz... your doing a real good job :)

Haha thanks icemud i do my best but if you cant come across this ask for kushberry iys basically the same just a different name... But i got a problem now that some of the fan leaves blades are curling up but staying green (for now), ive read that this could be either a heat prblem, pH problem or a over nuting problem which believe it or not is the most likely cus it happened straight after my watering with a bigger dosage of nutes which should in heory be ok cus bigger plant more nutes... Right?... Right?
Anyway ill post a picture whenever i find my camera :peace:

Ok so i couldnt edit my last post to fit in the photo but atleast i can show you what i wrong, if i cant find what is wrong by tonight i will flush the water in the plant and check for progress tomorrow as its highly likely i have over nuted them again... people say they learn from their mistakes, I defintely dont :helpsmilie::ganjamon:
curled_up_leaves.jpg

Looks like heat stress to me...or the humidity is too low... The plant is "raising its armpits" to cool down.... Whats your temp and humidity at?

Back
Top Bottom