420Farmer's Pineapple Express & Purple Haze

420Farmer

Back again! This time doing 6 plants. 3 Pineapple express and 3 purple haze. Both from G13 labs feminized seeds. I had major issues at the start of this grow. I'm currently in week 3 and they are pretty small. I decided to try CNS17 nutrients. BAD IDEA. Fed manufacturers recommended dosage and they all had major deficiencies and completely stopped growing. Leaves yellowed and dried up. So, 3 days ago I switched back to fox farms trio and BOOM! Huge new growth and entire plant greened up in about 2 days. FF fan for life. On to the specs

G13 pineapple express (x3)
G13 purple haze (x3)
Two 150 watt HPS lights
4x4x6 milar tent
Carbon filter
6" inline fan
Fox farm nutrient trio
Medium is coco coir

Pics coming

Re: 420farmers pineapple express and purple haze

nope but I will tag along and watch:popcorn:

I have a slightly stupid question, but just want some input on it. It says on the strain guidelines to veg to 25cm, or 10 inches, and then flower. Is there a reason for this? My last plants I vegged to 17 inches. Why would a seed company specify a specific veg height to achieve before flower? To me that's just stupid, unless someone can prove otherwise?

I have a slightly stupid question, but just want some input on it. It says on the strain guidelines to veg to 25cm, or 10 inches, and then flower. Is there a reason for this? My last plants I vegged to 17 inches. Why would a seed company specify a specific veg height to achieve before flower? To me that's just stupid, unless someone can prove otherwise?

Well maybe there trying to let the plant mature a bit so by this time they should be showing sex ,lets say if you put a plant to head from seed then what your really doing is stressing the plant ,if you let it grow for a while and show its sex under 18 hours of light then when you turn them to head they wont be stressed and finished pretty much when there suppose to hope that helps:thumb:.

shottafire said:
subbed! I have used cns 17 and am still using it until I run out. Its ok for me but I am sure there is much better.
Are you using tap or ro water? I use ro water with a ca/mg supplement

I'm using spring water from the store. I as well was using a calmag supplement. The CNS17 gave none of my plants ANY nutritional value. They nearly died actually. Hit them with fox farms, and they exploded. And no, I don't overwater ;)

Allllright its time for some pics. They are 3 weeks old, and if you notice the yellowing at the bottom of the plants, that was from the enitial deficencies i was dealing with. Ive since switched back over to fox farms nutrient trio, and everything looks great. I just topped them tonight. ALSO... never seen this before... but check out the 2nd photo... 3 leaf cannabis?

11572.JPG

21187.JPG

Oh and also Ozman, I prefer 24 hours of light over 18! Grows MUCH faster!

Yea i was just stating the facts i wasnt trying to tell you how long to have your lights on for mate.

myself i use 18 hours i like to let them sleep :)

3 leaf is normal i dout it will stay a 3 fingers but stranger things have happen but usally its starts at 1 leaf goes to 3 then 5 then 7 then 9 then 11 fingers :thumb:

Ozman said:
Yea i was just stating the facts i wasnt trying to tell you how long to have your lights on for mate.

myself i use 18 hours i like to let them sleep :)

3 leaf is normal i dout it will stay a 3 fingers but stranger things have happen but usally its starts at 1 leaf goes to 3 then 5 then 7 then 9 then 11 fingers :thumb:

Cool lol I've never seen the three fingered leaves like this. All my other grows have been 5-7 fingers. Thought I had a mutant.

Anyhow, probably another 2 weeks till the switch. I'll keep the pics comin. Thanks for the input Oz

+reps for the coco grow! I always love seeing coco journals on these forums!
Anyway, I just thought I'd add my 2cents... I have used the FF line with coco before, and I ended up needing to supplement with calmag since the coco was retaining the calcium from the plants. You may already have this covered, but I figured I'd toss it out there in case you didn't think of it yet.
I hope you have a smooth and successful grow! I'll be following along :ganjamon:

By the way, I just started a new journal of my new coco grow..stop by and say hello if you are interested :peace:

Hey guys I really need some input on this. I topped 6 plants 3 days ago and they still have showed no new growth. Plants are beautiful and green and before I topped they were growing very quickly. It's my first time topping, and I'm wondering how long it takes for the plants to start new growth.

420farmer, I would give them a few more days. I want to say it was like 7 days or so after I topped my plant that it took off again.

I'm subbed for this one, as I have both the PH and PE from G13 and would love to see how how they grow for you. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom