Jandre2k3's Maternity Ward Tangerine Dream

Tangerine Dream
Cannabis Cup Winner 2010.

The exceptional crossing of G13 with Neville’s A5 Haze – with the resulting plant again crossed with G13 – Tangerine Dream is sativa-dominant strain offering tangy, intense sweet citrus aromas and flavors as well as effects that are at once cerebral and relaxing. The best of both worlds for smokers and growers. Considering its attributes, Tangerine Dream’s 70-day flowering time is remarkably short, and the one-meter high plants, with their strong and numerous side branches, yield an impressive minimum of 500 grams per square meter. Colas grow large and tight, especially for a sativa-dominant strain, and are flecked with red and orange hairs and frosted with a shimmering layer of fine THC crystals. A taste sensation offering clean and long lasting effects. Tangerine Dream evokes a citrus fruit fantasy and, somehow, an even more enchanting reality. How one strain can offer some many seemingly contrasting attributes is a shining example of how Barney’s Farm is a leading force in advancing genetics and husbandry.
Barney_s_Farm_Tangerine_Dream1.jpg
This innovative, Sativa-dominant strain starts with the legendary G13 plant, known for it’s intense flavors and strong effects, which is crossed with the unusually refined and exotic Neville’s A-5 Haze. The resulting plant is again crossed with G13. The aesthetic total, however, far exceeds the sum of its genetic parts, as Tangerine Dream offers the visceral sensations of tearing into fresh citrus: a spray of essential oils from the peel with its complex and pleasant bitterness; deep, pungent aromas fill the air, and then, the concentrated, tangy sweet flavor of fruit and juice on the tongue. An experience both refreshing and intense. The large, tight colas – unusually firm and substantial for a sativa-dominant strain – are flecked with orange and red hairs, and frosted with a shimmering layer of THC crystals. A focused, fruit scent, accented with a whisper of earthy, herbal notes, is obvious even before Tangerine Dream is lit. The smoke offers an even more concentrated citrus fragrance, and zippy sweet flavors that linger on the tongue. These sensations are an excellent introduction to the high that follows: the happy, cerebral energy of sativa layering over just the right amount of indica relaxation. Growers, too, benefit from a joyful paradox: the flowering time of 70 days is very brief for a sativa-dominant plant, and the yields, of at least 500 grams per square meter, are exceptionally high. Plants grow to a height of about one meter, with strong and substantial side branches able to support their big, dense flowers. With minimum THC levels of 25% and CBD at 1.8%, Tangerine Dream truly lives up to its name, and Barney’s Farm has made it real.

Information
Type: sativa/indica
Yield: 500gr/m2
Height: medium
Flower time: 70 days
Harvest time: end october
THC: 25%
CBD: 1.8%
Genetics: G13x(G13 x Nevilles A5 Haze)

re: Jandre2k3's Maternity Ward Tangerine Dream

About the Maternity Ward:

Hydro Style: Drip 3x/day
Nutrients: Blue Planet Nutrients Elite 3-part
pH: 5.6-6.1
Lighting:
3x T5HO on Gas Lantern Routine (12-1)
Substrate: Hydrotone
Medium: gro|dan Rockwool 4" cube
Temps: 73-78 Fahrenheit
Relative Humidity: 40-45%
Hydro drip system is all DIY using a bus tub as basin and 5Gal Bucket as res. All other parts came from my hydro and various other hardware stores
Air circulation provided by 8" Vortex Fan above, and 4" mini fan at "ground level"
Reservoir changed every two weeks.
Delivery system is cleaned and substrate and medium are flushed when res is changed.
Mylar-covered backboard supplies reflection for the "wall side" of the ward.

Blue Planet Nutrients
Elite 3-part

Okay, you all know about my search for meds... Lilium Inter Spinus, as it were. My docs suggested today something that I already knew, but was today confirmed by the 2 NAYSAYER docs... High CBD strain. Yes, I know what you're thinking.. WE ALL KNEW THAT! My brainfart was that the two docs on "The Team" are now looking at MMJ as a legitimate treatment for all this pain. I was removed from all other pain meds except ibuprofen, and was taken off the nausea and vertigo meds as well. only one to go, for the back, but compared to the slew of pills I WAS taking....I'M FREE!

This one is just a tiny step up from the 0.7% of my Green Fluffy Bunnies. I'm trying to balance the THC and CBD content to my specific back/head pain and nerve pain in my hand.

This one is now in quarantine, and pics will be posted in one month after she comes out and goes into the Maternity Ward.

Welcome! I hope to include this in my Flower Box as clones from this mother candidate... I have these "Maternity Ward" threads for strain information and growing characteristics and other empirical data. The first flower results, of course will be recorded here, but the main FLOWERING journal is (at the moment) Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

That is where all the magic happens, and all the conversations take place. So you'll see a lot more of this strain flowering over there, than here. This is basically my "Filing Cabinet" if you will, to record and keep all pertinent information about the strain totally seperate from everything else going on over there.

Wow looks like I got here in time. You have so many different threads I get lost, but I always wanted this plant. The cannabis gods don't want me to have it. I tried 3 times with failures on them all. I hope you fair better. I know I lost one to this weather.

Oppps it got good sized outdoors but PM found it. I'm pretty sure the other 2 were dawf's from jump. You know them plants that take 10 years to put on acouple leaves, mean while your others are going crazy. Strain sounds great to me also. Hey look into catonic? or something like that. Plat is suppose to be off the chart with cbd's. I'm in GL my friend Keepem Green

My Journal Structure: Simplified.

1. I have my maternity Ward Plants that keep the information on the strain and all pertinent information on the individual plant. These are kept separate so I can rotate strains, but keep the information organized about all strains in the Flowerbox Tests. If a mother plant is removed from the test rotation, she is sent into flower and results of which are recorded into the central journal.

• Maternity Ward:

2. The Maternity Ward Feeds clones to my Experimental Flower Journals. All discussions about that individual grow with the various clones and/or a mother plant removed from rotation by flowering her out from the above is kept here.

• Cardboard Flower Box Tests

3. The Challenge: Cardboard Flower Box holds highlights from it all and is the central journal of it all. This is the culmination of each of the individual Maternity Ward

• Grow Matrix from all tests above and future.
  • Test results and conclusions of each test.
  • Evolution of the complete growing experience from the date I joined the sight.

4. Now, to keep all that in one, easy-to-access place, I have created a Blog with all the links to everywhere to which a person can subscribe, and receive any and all updates and new links, regardless of how many separate journals I have going. For that, look to my signature, and click "Jandre2k3's Links"

Wow looks like I got here in time. You have so many different threads I get lost, but I always wanted this plant. The cannabis gods don't want me to have it. I tried 3 times with failures on them all. I hope you fair better. I know I lost one to this weather.

Oppps it got good sized outdoors but PM found it. I'm pretty sure the other 2 were dawf's from jump. You know them plants that take 10 years to put on acouple leaves, mean while your others are going crazy. Strain sounds great to me also. Hey look into catonic? or something like that. Plat is suppose to be off the chart with cbd's. I'm in GL my friend Keepem Green

Sorry you had a rough go with this strain. I've heard it is a moderate difficulty. I seem to do that all the frikkin time. I just can't pick a strain that frikkin easy. oh well.

On the Cannatonic, every time I go to get the clone, it's gone from the co-op, and every time I look for seed, they're not available. My MMJ doc told me where to look for seeds of Cannatonic, Harlequin, and one called Harle-tsu (Harlequin clone x Sour Tsunami male) after I told him my troubles landing the strain, but the latter isn't stabilized yet and the offspring have a 25% chance of not being CBD rich.

All of these strains are 10%+ which are considered to be High CBD. Not very good on the fun factor, but I've toked some Cannatonic, and I can tell you the pain literally stops in minutes. It did for me, anyway. I was able to go out into full sun and turn my face to the sky without searing pain stabbing my eyes and making me run for the shade and shelter of indoors.

wow reading your posts makes me feel selfish for smoking for pleasure. I'm along for the ride too, I've been trying to catch a journal, that's not too deep in, by someone with experience. Good luck!

LOL! Too deep in? You should see my Flower Box journal, where all of these "Maternity Ward" journals lead. hehehe, I'm about halfway through to the early end of a perpetual SOG experiment. Go check it out!

Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

That link is for the first page of readiness in the box. You can skip through all the gory stuff, look at some pretty pictures, and catch up if you like.

My Journal Structure: Simplified.

1. I have my maternity Ward Plants that keep the information on the strain and all pertinent information on the individual plant. These are kept separate so I can rotate strains, but keep the information organized about all strains in the Flowerbox Tests. If a mother plant is removed from the test rotation, she is sent into flower and results of which are recorded into the central journal.

• Maternity Ward:

2. The Maternity Ward Feeds clones to my Experimental Flower Journals. All discussions about that individual grow with the various clones and/or a mother plant removed from rotation by flowering her out from the above is kept here.

• Cardboard Flower Box Tests

3. The Challenge: Cardboard Flower Box holds highlights from it all and is the central journal of it all. This is the culmination of each of the individual Maternity Ward

• Grow Matrix from all tests above and future.
  • Test results and conclusions of each test.
  • Evolution of the complete growing experience from the date I joined the sight.

4. Now, to keep all that in one, easy-to-access place, I have created a Blog with all the links to everywhere to which a person can subscribe, and receive any and all updates and new links, regardless of how many separate journals I have going. For that, look to my signature, and click "Jandre2k3's Links"

my head is still spinning from reading that lol
How are you tonight my friend?

Insomnia grips the soul and plays with the mind
Insomnia is present all of the time.
I wish I could sleep and get some relief
I'm awake so long it's beyond belief
My head pounds, while the clock ticks away
The minutes fly by, through the window- won't stay

And still I lie here awake. . . awake. . .awake

My mind won't shut up, though I'm baked. . .baked. . .baked

My eyes won't stay closed, they pop open again. . .again. . .again. . .

Back
Top Bottom