1st Grow 2013 - Dominican Republic - Bag Seed - Unknown Strain

doobieman21

What strain is it? don't know
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? I'm pretty sure it's 100% sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? veg
If in Veg... For how long? 7 days
Indoor or outdoor? outdoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If soil... what is in your mix? don't know
If soil... What size pot? small flower pot
Size of light? sunlight
Is it aircooled? yes
Temp of Room/cab? balcony, bedroom grow space is about 54 x 26
RH of Room/cab? don't know
PH of media or res? don't know
Any Pests? none
How often are you watering? i have only watered once so far, but i was only going to give it water when the soil looked dry
Type and strength of ferts used? so far i've only purchased a small bottle of "Crees Mas - Alimento" some type of plant grow food

What's up forum, my 1st post, 1st thread, 1st grow. I moved to the DR like 3 months ago and have been having a lot of trouble scoring so I decided to start growing myself. Right now I have two plants growing, one just exposed it's first two leaves and the other one is a week old today. Before I joined the forum I was keeping a personal journal and taking pictures and i'm 8 days in. glad i found this website early on in the process so i can learn from the mistakes of others and hopefully have a successful harvest. I have a few challenges. The biggest being it's tough to get the proper supplies I need because it's not like america where i can just jump in the car and go to home depot. I'm having to order the stuff online and I don't want it to be super obvious that this is my intention so i figure the best course of action is slowly and surely.. like the turtle race. My main goal is to get familiar with the process so that if i end up ordering seeds I will already have a nice setup. Since this is my first go I don't really expect much but it would be awesome if i could eventually combine dominican seeds with american seeds and make a new strain.

I know I know. crawl before you walk, right? lol

Day 1 (4-27)
just starting to see the first two leaves! wasn't sure if any of those seeds i planted would create new life, they were all pretty old. some of the seeds came from the last sack i bought before i left the states, and some came from the first sack i bought here in the DR. not sure which one decided to pop out but in my mind i believe it's an american female lol
2013-04-27_12-21-46_595.jpg

2013-04-27_12-23-34_58.jpg

Day 2 (04-28)
Overnight the 2 leaves grew out and the plant looked beautiful when the sun was hitting it. Did not add any water, only shifted it on my balcony as the sun passed over. I live on the south part of the building so the sun goes above from like 7:30 to 1. I've figured out a way to get consistent sun for that time period even if it's partially blocked by trees. since the plant is so small now it's easy to find those cracks of direct sunlight to make sure she's being bathed properly.
2013-04-28_11-11-01_183.jpg

Day 3 (04-29)
Haven't added any water or any type of nutrients. to be honest i haven't invested a lot yet in the process.. i found the dirt/soil on the roof of my apartment in an abandoned flower pot. I brung it inside and added some water to it, mixed a cap full of this plant food that i bought and made a concoction out of the whole thing. kept having to add more dirt because i wanted a wet texture to the soil, but not muddy and it was tough to find the right balance. finally ended up with a decent mix and placed the seeds in at that point. I know I need a lot of things in order for this grow to go properly later on, but I need help determining exactly what that is.. so all replies are appreciated. thanks
2013-04-29_11-25-52_815.jpg

Day 4 (04-30)
Pretty much the same as yesterday, finally added some water but the leaves have grown a little more.
2013-04-30_13-50-11_809.jpg

Day 5 (05-01)
I see the second set of leaves coming out! besides that just constant sunlight and jazz/classical music in the morning. I've also added a few other things like "Ave Maris Stella" and other gregorian chants. I like playing those in the morning right as the first sun is hitting it
2013-05-01_12-18-11_363.jpg

Day 6 (05-02)
went out and bought a new flower pot, and filled it with my soil/dirt combination but messed up and added to much water so now the soil is muddy. Thinking i'll let it air dry for a few days before i even think about transplanting. Plant 1 seems to be doing well, almost a week in and i definitely see more leaves. because of the strong breeze I added a small branch at the base of the stem to help but i don't see any discoloration and any leaf damage. so far so good
2013-05-02_16-28-45_324.jpg

Day 7 (05-03)
On her 1 week birthday and I come out to a surprise! some random unknown has infiltrated the grow area and is sprouting! very interesting!!! As of today she is really small but has 4 leaves, all look good. The dirt/soil in the other pot is still muddy and i'm having a tough time drying it out, i even laid out newspaper and let it sit in the sun for a while but it's still mostly like clay. I think i'm going to go the store today and buy a small bag of fertilizer. Only problem is, all of the words are in spanish and I don't speak spanish that well!
2013-05-03_11-11-44_336.jpg

2013-05-03_18-22-27_730.jpg

Day 8
Woke up this morning and discovered that unknown random plant 2 is sprouting it's first set of leaves. i'm concerned because it is growing very close to plant 1, and to be honest i'm not even sure how it got in there because when i transplanted 1 into that new container i didn't put any seeds in. In order for that seed to have made it this far it had to germinate itself, find roots and then push itself out towards the light so at least i know it's a survivor. I want to transplant the bigger one into a new pot i bought but i have no idea how big the roots are on it and i don't want to mess up anything since a week in "she" looks fairly healthy (positive thinking!! lol) should i transplant the smaller one in the big pot, or let them both grow together? i cut off the top of a dasani water jug so the space is about 2 or 3 inches deep, and about the same length wise. Also, i've scouted out a good location in my apartment to move my plants indoors and begin with artificial light. The space isn't that big, but I'm not trying to grow a lot of plants either..
2013-05-01_17-05-32_672.jpg

and here they are today. one interesting detail i noticed. The stem is much thicker on the second plant that the first one. I wonder why?
2013-05-04_07-45-46_252.jpg

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

am in DR and I learned after spending my last $20 on shitty pot how strict the laws are. Does anyone know if its safe to sneak it past customs in a sock? Are DR customs and TSA looking for drugs? I don't really have a way to smoke it here and the idea of just tossing $20 sucks... but I might have to for fear of prison time. I'm not very well off so $20 is a lot of money for me, I wish to not waste it.

Back
Top Bottom