Smoketheherb's Female Seed Company - Cinderella 99 Grow Journal

smoketheherb

Hey guys. New to the site, been lurking a while and am ready to get involved. Looking for a place to journal some of my grows. It'll be nice to give people an idea of what to expect from certain strains and it'll be good to be able to look back on the grows myself for the memories.

Grow is nice and simple. No products marketed for cannabis at inflated prices. Cheap multi purpose potting compost and I will be experimenting with a bottle of cheap chilli food, npk 3 : 1 : 4

1 250 watt HPS, 1 fan, 1 closet.

I planted a seed directly in the dirt (no "germinating rituals") on Saturday and she has literally just broke the surface. So 3 days, which is nice and quick.

So day 0

DSC031802.JPG

Morning smoketheherb,

Welcome to 420 magazine. Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Happy Growing!

Hey kingjohn and tanr, thanks for watching and for the comments!

It might be worth mentioning, I keep vegging plants 15 inches under the 250 watt light, and then let it go to 10 inches during flowering. I also use 16 hours of light and 8 of dark

Looks like a very healthy seedling so far, nice big healthy cotyledons.

The way I am going to do this journal from now on is update on a node to node basis for veg and then a week by week basis for flower. No point updating everyday.

Day 2

DSC031902.JPG

Day 5

First node fully grown now and 2nd node just popping through. Roots still not showing out the bottom of 3 inch pot. Last time I grew this it was very slow to grow roots that time to.

DSC031951.JPG

strain name is in the title lol, c99.

Have been using the gas lantern routine as an experiment for a few days now. Under the hps from 4am to 4pm, then at 9.30pm under a cfl for 1 hour and then dark again until 4 am. Because the plant only gets 5.5 hours dark at a time flowering doesn't begin, so I can veg with 30 hours a week less electric and heat build up. Plus according to advocates of the GLR the plants really enjoy the extra down time. Time to see for myself.

1 week old.

DSC032272.JPG

Day 9

Going great with this light routine, definite faster growth. Have just topped it above the 2nd node for the 4 main cola deal. Never tried that before either so looking forward to see if it will give me more yield. Also, the 2nd set of leaves came in with 4 fingers (or whatever they are called), bit unusual as it's normally 3... looking like a real solid plant so far anyway. Might try my hand at cloning her later on.

DSC032475.JPG

DSC032453.JPG

DSC032432.JPG

She's looking good smoke! Glad you keeping us up to date with your journal.

Thanks tanr! Actually I'm having a lot of fun doing it lol

Things still moving nicely. Potted her up into her final 3 gallon pot last night as she was showing a few big furry roots out of the drainage holes, and upon looking she has already built up a nice root mass. She has also recovered from the topping, and is starting to grow the remaining nodes out evenly as expected. At this rate I can't imagine needing anymore than a further week to veg her. Since I grow in a small space I like to flower somewhat early to keep them about 3 feet tall.

Day 12

DSC032732.JPG

DSC032703.JPG

And this is what Day 15 looks like.

She's 6 inches tall and already showing roots out of her final pot, so I think I'm gonna go ahead and start her flowering period tomorrow or the next day.

No real smell off her yet, but she's not as low odour as my last run. That pheno had bubblegum smelling stems and had zero odour at this stage. This pheno has stems that smell "dank" ,is the only word I can think of, and If you stick your nose in and smell the leaves it's that typical dank smell to. But it's not travelling far, you have to get right in and smell it.

DSC032822.JPG
DSC032834.JPG
DSC032843.JPG
DSC032853.JPG

Nice stem and internodal length, you can try Fimming as well, when I used to have small plants, I just tried it, sometimes you can get 4 tops instead of 2! Its a matter of luck, but worth the try.
Cheers to you!.

After 1 day of flowering...

Starting to see her full character emerging, with a mix of sativa leaves and some quite big indica ones. The smell is increasing daily with fruity dankness. It's not escaping my closet yet ,or the room it's in when I have her out, and I hope it stays this way. I chose cindy 99 for her low odour in particular and she throws a dank pheno at me. Just my luck.

Still haven't used any feed yet, just going on what was already in the potting mix. Going to try and watch for signs of hunger before feeding as it's quite hard to know just how much food is really in there unless you put it there yourself, one feeding could be too much for her at the moment and burn her, as you can see she has a nice deep green,well fed look about her :;):

I will be back after 1 week of flowering to show the massive difference!

DSC033363.JPG

DSC033373.JPG

day 17 of flowering. two branches removed and remaining 2 supercropped at day 10 of flowering, so not the normal bud production for this stage, but pistils starting to go mental

DSC034182.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

It's really a shame this person abandoned his journal. The C99 sounds intriguing, especially to a sativa fan such as myself. The OP really got me excited to try this strain. I'll be growing this outside next year and perhaps start a journal of my own for our benefit.

I did find this older thread on c99 from same seed bank and it really does look incredible.

C99 - Soil - SCROG - Hopefully

Cheers,

Zafu

Back
Top Bottom