Grow Box - Northern Lights Scrog

fifa

So.. just built a small grow box, painted inside walls flat white, added 3 pc fans 2 extract at the top and one intake, going to use 125 cfl blue spec for vegging on 18/6 light cycle, growing northern lights strain planting 2 but only plan to keep one because of space.. planning on doing a scrog grow too.. used the 125w because i can keep it nice and close to the plants iv read without much issues, have yet to get a flowering light,, wondering wat light i cld use in such a small space without much heat issues and being so close to the plant? also tips for nutes etc,,

2013-08-16_17_27_58.jpg
2013-08-17_21_10_40.jpg
2013-08-19_14_54_31.jpg
2013-08-24_17_50_27.jpg
2013-08-29_20_11_59.jpg

Re: Grow Box, cfl, first grow

Cfl's are what they are. Generally light and fluffy. I use CFL's and want to switch to HID bulbs. But in that space, and mine, too hot me thinks. Maybe an LED but I know very little about them so I cant help. CFL's grow good weed, just not alot of it sir IMO. :straightface:

good job!! think i might stick to the cfl so maybe 300w red for flowering.. i think heat with any other light would be a bit of a problem cheers what fans do u use?

I have a 5in exhaust fan. Two pc fans. One as intake behind the round pot, and one more between the power strips blowing up. But with all 12 going, I either crack the door or add an external fan. Ouside temp is around 95f so it would run cooler in the winter I believe. :)

re: Grow Box, Northern Lights Scrog

Hey fifa. Nice build on the grow box. You could flower with the 125w you have in there now. I've flowered with a mix of 6500k and 2700k cfl's and also just 2700k cfl's. I've run 92 watts and 100 watts and didn't find any difference in yield. If you're thinking about putting an hps in there, it's probably going to be difficult to keep the temps down. You could try a 150w hps. I think you can find them for about $70 online. Here's a shot of my setup at day 31 of 12/12. That's four 23w cfl's. They can sit an inch off the top with zero heat stress. I don't even run a fan. Just leave the vents halfway open. I'm subscribing to this one. Good luck!

image3753.jpg

If your limited on space a small hps wattage you might be able to use if you get better ventilation into that box... Also cheap n effective pvc pipe grow tent can be made easy cheap n you might be able to use a closet n make it a about a foot or 2 taller then that box n you could fursure use a 250 watt hps with a couple small fans from walmart

I've flowered with a mix of 6500k and 2700k cfl's and also just 2700k cfl's.

Do you think you will get much of yeild and quality? nice plant lad.

If your limited on space a small hps wattage you might be able to use if you get better ventilation into that box... Also cheap n effective pvc pipe grow tent can be made easy cheap n you might be able to use a closet n make it a about a foot or 2 taller then that box n you could fursure use a 250 watt hps with a couple small fans from walmart

i know height is a problem.. but the top literally just screws of i cld always build up the way add another foot or two, or might even build a second bigger box for flowering so i can veg and flower at the same time.. is 250 watt hps really that hot? i know being that close isnt good but how far away from the plant should they be?

Cheers for the replys :thumb:

Yes they get very hot... I have a walk in closet in my apartment n it's about 6x5x8 not including some extra footage I have and I'm running a 600 hps n my temps at first where close to 100 but now I got it under control... Mines sideways not above so heat can rise faster with a fan blowing up under it... You can proll get away with around 10 inches maybe I would buy the light n test for to make sure n remember ventilation is key for good smoke

ok... do you think i should try this one flowering with a 300w cfl... or build another box to suit a 250 hps ? then i would keep both boxes one for veg and one for flowering... and what ventilation wld you recommend on that box if so....

Im just found a 150w hps that is described as perfect for a 2x2 grow. And its only 60$. I think im gonna pull the trigger and hope the extra lumens add some weight to my ladies. ;)

Im just found a 150w hps that is described as perfect for a 2x2 grow. And its only 60$. I think im gonna pull the trigger and hope the extra lumens add some weight to my ladies.

sounds good lad! keep me updated im still waiting on my seeds so im a long bit away of buying my flowering light so il keep my options open.. hopefully seeds should be here during the week!!

Awesome that sounds perfect for your set up nice man!!!! Make sure you run it a night without the ant to test temps n all that good stuff before flowering so ur all ready for it let me no how it goes... As for ventilation I always make my own fans n stuff to make it work so I'm not to sure on a good brand I wouldn't go the cheapest but I also wouldn't pay 400 bucks for it yet until I'm further into it

Do you think you will get much of yeild and quality? nice plant lad.

Yield, no. But the quality is definitely there. I flower longer than most, and because of that I get nice dense nugs. Last years Northern Lights harvest was some of the best smoke I've ever had. And it's just so much fun to grow your own. Wish I had more room for more plants and better lighting though!

Yield, no. But the quality is definitely there. I flower longer than most, and because of that I get nice dense nugs. Last years Northern Lights harvest was some of the best smoke I've ever had. And it's just so much fun to grow your own. Wish I had more room for more plants and better lighting though!

much did you get of the ur northern lights? thinking about bigger cfl watts for flower time then next time a new build for flowering, just to compare them both.

Back
Top Bottom