New Journal - First Grow Soil Afghani - Romulan - Strawberry Cough - 2013

jdmjunior1991

hi i am a new user and new grower i am doing small scale stuff just so i dont have to pay for it anymore its a expensive habit. i have 3 plants i am growing on is strawberry cough the other is afghani wich is the one i will be talking about and romulan i have been feeding them with this
KGrHqJ_hIE6Z3Ns_LBOvWgyENew_60_35.JPG
i dont know much about it other then its all natural rather then chemicals i dont want my weed to taste nasty i just started to bud my afghani plant she is about 3 to 3 1/2 feet tall her light shcedule is 16 on 8 off i have been making sure my plants keep moist i use a spray bottle to spray down leafs i feed them all once a week and water once daily i am also using this soil on all plants
ProEarth1_1_.png
i couldnt find much info online about it so i found what i could on it here it is ProEarth #2 INGREDIENTS: SASKATCHEWAN SPHAGNUM PEAT (AIR DRIED GROWER GRADE), HORTICULTURAL AND SOIL MIX GRADE PERLITE, VERMICULITE (MEDIUM), PUMICE, AGED ALDER SAWDUST (NITRIFIED), UNKILNED DIATOMACEOUS EARTH (NATURAL INSECT CONTROL), DOLOMITE LIME FLOUR (-40 MESH), LIMESTONE FLOUR (-100 MESH), CALCIUM NITRATE, FERROUS SULFATE, POTASSIUM SULFATE, AMMONIUM PHOSPHATE, TEMPERATURE RELEASE FERTILIZER, ADDED TRACE ELEMENTS, M-ROOTS (MYCHORRIZAE), ESSENTIAL W.A. GROWTH STIMULANT AND WETTING AGENT. i am using florecent lights i was told these would be sufficent i have one 4 inch t5 it has two bulbs and puts off about 4000 lumineces i have the afghani plant and my romulan plant under that one light i also have one 2 inch t5 that puts off 2500 lumineces it also has two bulbs i use it for my single strawberry cough i have them in a white closet with a white board in front of them to reflect light and a fan to give them exercise.My question here is im not sure if i should be doing anything differently like using chemicals during budding stage or anything at all or if theres things i should be doing diffferent im just a first time grower any advice would really be appriciated thanks in advance have a great day

Re: help me pleaaaaseeee

Hi jdmjunior and welcome to 420! If you are putting your afganni girl into bloom and she's not an auto you will need to adjust her light to 12 on- 12 off, otherwise she will just keep vegetating for you. Your fertlizer is good for vegging but I'd get something with less Nitrogen for the bloom phase. and what wild bill said- put up a couple pics of your plants if you get a chance- it will help us to evaluate how you girls are doing.
Hope this helps.:peace:

The plants need to think its fall and time to do their flower thing and die. the 12-12 schedule does that and is still enough light that you get excellent results bud-wise.

i have a basic idea i have a friend that has been growing many many years so i try and take his advice i just feel like theres something more i should be doin just almost seems to easy lol
It really is too easy. All they need is light water and some food. I noticed you said you were watering everyday. That can be dangerous. One of the biggest "Oops" new growers can do is over water. Cannabis is a very hardy plant and likes to have some dry time. I usually like to have a full day of dry soil before I water. My seedlings I only water once a week. And when I have full sized plants it's usually every 4 day. And then in flower it's almost every 3 days. They drink a lot more in flower. Other than that I can't think of anything wrong from you explanation. O and your soil looks like it will work fine. Lots of organic matter in!!!

Welcome to :420: and keep up the great work!!

Keep it green!!

i water every day but i dont let the water seep out the bottom holes like everyone suggests so i figured if i watered it daily but not alot it would be fine i only actually give them enough water to where it seeps out when i feed them wich is once a week i will put water in it before i put food (thought it would absorb better or something) and then i put my food in to where the water runs out the bottom i water them in the morning as well so i let the soil dry out all day and i spray the leafs and stuff lightly with a spray bottle

Oo and another great advice is get lost in this website. I have never done so much reading in my life. I will spend hours and hours here just reading everyone else's work and learning all the time!!!

Re: New journal/first grow soil afghani,romulan,strawberry cough-2013

Hey JDM, glad to see you have some pics in your journal!
Ask any questions you need to here, someone will surely be along to help you out. I'm on my first grow too, so I am not one to give any kind of advice on plants yet. LOL
Have Fun!:thumb:

It looks like you have two journals going now JDM, this one and the one the plants pics are not posted to.
If you want to use this one, I would suggest you let people know on the other one to move on over here.
Maybe the mods can remove the other one then.... Not sure how that would work, but it could be confusing for you and other members to try to keep up with both of them. ;-)
This journal is the one in your signature. OR, you could post your pics to the other one and have this one removed...if they can do that. LOL

Okay jdm. :ciao: I think member happykitty is a moderator here....but don't quote me on that. :ciao:

But you are right :ciao:

I think the best way is to report your own thread or post (or journal - Doppelganger)

and let a moderator get round to it in their own time.

Just click the triangle with the ! symbol in it on the bottom left of the post

and write a short explanation of why you want it removed

:goodluck:

1383426683393.jpg
afghani and romulan
1383426683385.jpg
strawberry cough
1383426683376.jpg
romulan
1383426683366.jpg
afghani
1383426683361.jpg
strawberry cough
1383426683339.jpg
afghani
1383426683307.jpg
1383426683300.jpg
Hello again! Just moved over here :ciao:
You have some beautiful girls there! I have a couple thoughts. First,they all look big enough to flip into the flowering light schedule. They will stretch once you cut their hours of light and can double or even triple in size. Plus the darkness has to be pitch black for the one you are flowering or she will hermie on you.
Another idea is if you can add a couple more lights for them for the bloom stage- lots of folks round here hang a few of those spiral cfls to help add a few more watts to the grow as it really helps with the buds.
Reps for a good start!

Back
Top Bottom