AK48 - 125W CFL - Stealth - 12/12 From Seed - First Grow

Things

Ill try update this as much as possible...

This is my first attempt at this game. Only Growing because the quality and prices were i live are ridiculous.

I don't expect much from this grow, But it should give me a feel. I Decided to go 12/12 from seed

Strain = AK48
Lights = 125w cfl 2700k
Veg/Flower = 12/12 from seed
Airflow = 2x fans || Fan blowing air in from bottom. || Fan blowing air out from top ||
Nutrients = BioBizz Grow & Bloom
Temps = night = 70 || day = 81 ||
Soil = some cheap crap from supermarket "woops?" || Also added polystyrene balls to help with drainage
PH = not checked
Reflectivity = Spray paint flat white

I also at the moment have the plant pot raised with 2litre pop bottle caps to allow the water to drain easier. Also i hope that the fan at the bottom blowing air in will allow it to blow freely under the plant pot.
also used shoebox to raise near light while plants are still baby's.

13 days old 12/12 from seed just transplanted and watered really good. so a little drooping in these pics =( i hope it returns to normal lol!!

Some Pics......
18112013008.jpg

18112013009.jpg

Its much brighter than the pics show its almost blinding lol. so i think the light fucks up the lens from the camera.

I been reading and doing my research around 420magazine.com for a while. So i know a little, lets hope this transfers over to real world now my project has started....

BTW this is my first post and i would like to say HELLO to everybody. "thanks for having me"

Keep tuned for updates!!!!

Re: AK48 | 125W CFL | Stealth | - 12/12 from Seed | First Grow

welcome to :420: Things!
You'll be glad you decided to start a journal. You will find this site is a gold mine of information and there are lots of experienced growers here who can help you!
Happy growing!:peace:

Forget that 12x12 is cruel and you will get very little in return go to 18/6 or even 24/7 for best results, add another bulb of the same wattage but ensure you have a 6500k bulb as will encourage leaf growth, compared to the existing 2700k, red that makes plants vertical ..lol
ensure you have a small pc type fan as plants breathe too, and a temp Rh gauge is very help ful too, avoid nutes for another 2-3 weeks, and water, when your inserted finger at 1 inch is dry. come bud time in 60 days just double up on your bulbs and go 12x12.

good luck
"V"

Forget that 12x12 is cruel and you will get very little in return go to 18/6 or even 24/7 for best results, add another bulb of the same wattage but ensure you have a 6500k bulb as will encourage leaf growth, compared to the existing 2700k, red that makes plants vertical ..lol
ensure you have a small pc type fan as plants breathe too, and a temp Rh gauge is very help ful too, avoid nutes for another 2-3 weeks, and water, when your inserted finger at 1 inch is dry. come bud time in 60 days just double up on your bulbs and go 12x12.

good luck
"V"

Lets find out what happens lol... its growing now its staying 12/12 till it finishes...

allready got auto fems for next time, they grow well in small spaces..

P.S im smoking some of that lemon haze and its blown my head off

nice start, i think you will opt for more light in due time =)
good luck and take care

Hi Things,

I'm a hydro person myself but love watching soil grows. Welcome and I hope everything's going great with you.

:cheer:

I like what vastok said. All of what he said is very useful and I just wanted to add to what he said from my own person experience from just this past month. I tried growing 12/12 from seed to experiment, and the thing is, unlike clones you can't bud them right away, no matter what, they still need veg time to develop maturity. My 12/12 from seed plants are 32 days old and big and healthy yet they still haven't established even preflowers. I can't say that I know 12/12 from seed is cruel, but I do know that if you are forced to have a veg from seed grows, you should use the proper photoperiod like 18/6 20/4 or 24/0 to get the best results from this month of veg you will have to have no matter what, I also strongly encourage you to use soft white or a cooler bulb for the first month. either way, your plants will grow, I just figured I would share with you my experience since I did the same as you a month ago. My plants are starting to sex now though, day 32, that strain is sativa based called dream queen. this might give you an idea of what kinda veg time youll be looking at. regardless, you got a 3 month minimum seed to harvest grow, you will probably need to train those plants a lot because in my eyes those 2 plants might not have room in there come bud time, but I hope they do, and wish ya good luck.

I like what vastok said. All of what he said is very useful and I just wanted to add to what he said from my own person experience from just this past month. I tried growing 12/12 from seed to experiment, and the thing is, unlike clones you can't bud them right away, no matter what, they still need veg time to develop maturity. My 12/12 from seed plants are 32 days old and big and healthy yet they still haven't established even preflowers. I can't say that I know 12/12 from seed is cruel, but I do know that if you are forced to have a veg from seed grows, you should use the proper photoperiod like 18/6 20/4 or 24/0 to get the best results from this month of veg you will have to have no matter what, I also strongly encourage you to use soft white or a cooler bulb for the first month. either way, your plants will grow, I just figured I would share with you my experience since I did the same as you a month ago. My plants are starting to sex now though, day 32, that strain is sativa based called dream queen. this might give you an idea of what kinda veg time youll be looking at. regardless, you got a 3 month minimum seed to harvest grow, you will probably need to train those plants a lot because in my eyes those 2 plants might not have room in there come bud time, but I hope they do, and wish ya good luck.

this 125w cfl is producing 8000lumens and i have another 2x 40w 6700k cfls. that produce around 2500 lumens eatch(currently not installed). Ak48 to my understanding is a short plant and from research ive seen they grow to around over a foot from 12/12 with seed. 12/12 from seed is strain dependent i have been reading. in other words some love it and some "HATE" it. seems ak48 loves it...

only i can fuck this up lol. i take all responsibility =D

Hi Things, She doesnt look all that bad and should recover. When starting feeding my plants I give them 1/4 strength the first couple times so 1/2 may have been a bit strong for them. And if there was ferts in your soil to start with, they may not need any at all for a while.
Your first pictured girl looks to have a tiny bit of clawing which is another sign of too much nutes.
Just feed them water for a bit and when you resume the nutes go 1/4 and work your way up.
:peace:

Yes a week would be good before you try feeding again.
Did your bag of soil say whether it had extended release nutes in it? Some grocery store brands do and if thats the case I wouldnt feed them for even longer.

Back
Top Bottom