Musgand

Hello,

This will be my first serious grow ever. At first I had a small tent with two test plants to see if some 10 year old seeds would work. Short story is they didn't. I then purchased some more and got them growing. What now follows is the clones from that test.

The setup is as follows.

1400mm x 1400mm x 2000m Grow tent.
200mm extraction fan. (sitting on a box till carbon filter arrives).
800m OG Hood
600w 6400k grow light. (set at 400w)
Digital ballest. etc.

The medium is 100% perlite and it's in 24L pots sitting on another 20L pot.
There is a 50L nutriant tank with air stones, 100w heater, and 740L/hr water pump.
The system I think is a drip feed, that'll turn into a semi DWC at later stages.

The strain is good old Skunk #1

I've made up a 1250mm square screen at 50mm intervals that i'll be using for scrogging.

Right now the plants are two weeks old and just transplanted to this grow tent. The plants have been topped once and I think i'll top them again next week.

I've never done SCROG before nor have I used low stress techniques to shape the plants.

Finally the purpose of this grow journal is to force myself to look after the plant more often with hopefully weekly updates.

If anyone have any helpful information about my particular setup please let me know.

It's nearly been a week and when I check the PH in the res it was pretty green-blue. Not sure why it when up from a nice yellow-orange but I think it may have been some water in the perlite when I rinsed it before planting.
So I've added another 10L of water and nutes with some PH down to get it back down.

On the weekend I finally got the carbon filter i was waiting for and re-orginised the tent. Now the screen and the fan out outside the tent and there is way more room to play with the plants.

I went ahead and did some HST on the plants and tied them down.
12 hours later the leaves righted up.
3 days later and the nodes? started to grow and expand.

Here are some closeups.

The one below was taking today, you can see one stem has gone brown. Is this something to be worried about??

OK so it's been another week and my girls have really bushed out. Well at least two have.
The ones at the front of the tent are much smaller than the back two.

Here's a close up of the back two.

Here are the front two.

Very annoyed that topping didn't work as well as the back two. Can I do something to spread them out more?

And this is what the tent looks like from outside.

The ducting isn't long enough to move the hood up or down, still waiting for it to arrive. but when it down come i'll move it closer.

So i'm very happy with how everything is going on.

But I do need some help.
  1. How much longer should it veg for until I put the screen down?
  2. When draining the res of water, should i flush it? How long should i flush it for? and is there a PH range i should try to maintain when i flush it?
  3. The perlite the plants are growing in have started to turn green at the surface should i be worried?

So I was bored and looking around the forums for things to improve the tent.
Found that added side poles increase's the internal volume of the tent so that when it does get busy there is more room for them to spread out.

Skunk_1_20140311_17.jpg

I've also bought two small fans and installed the screen.

Skunk_1_20140311_18.jpg

The plants are really thirsty right now drinking about 15L every two days.

Skunk_1_20140311_19.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:
Well going to bring this back from the dead.
The grow got out of control soon after my last animated post. The main lines just went crazy in their stretch period and completely covered the light. Lucky the tops didn't didn't burn because of the awesome covered reflector.
My main issue was the denisity of the plants and the focused nature of the reflector caused the outer most colas to lean in and eventually wilt.
I did still get quite a lot of product from this grow just under 2kg, but I think I could've gotten more if I left in in flowering for 2 more weeks.
I do remember the strain being quite harsh at first and only remembered that I forgot to do a flush before harvesting. Still my friends and I enjoyed it.
After this harvest I packed up the entire setup and and left it in the garage until now where I have the room and time to start by it again.
Lessons learned from this grow was to flip it earlier for tall strains, even if you think it's too early. And make sure to flush before harvest.
I can't locate any pictures of the final product but I will keep searching and will post it here at to wrap it all up.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom