Cultivators - 18000W - Coco - Hydro

Hey everyone......

Some of you may already know me and some may not, so let me introduce myself. I've been journaling on 420 for the best part of 5/6 years but I hagent been around for well over a year for various reasons. I wasn't going to journal again as I felt I'd shared enough and didn't want it to get stale. But here we are again anyway. My journals are open to everyone and I encourage people to get involved and share their knowledge. No question is stupid if u don't know the answer so don't be shy. I don't mind friendly banter as long as it's not abusive towards anyone.

I have well over a decade of growing experience on large and small scales. Soil, hydro and coco. I don't know the answer to everything and I'm not a scientist but I do have huge experience. I have grown thousands of plants literaly.

So this will be a journal of a couple of different spaces I have running. One a 6000w 10x600w hps and another 12000w 20x 600w hps. I have a flood and drain system set up, which is a 24pot alien system along with 25 coco plants. The big room is about 80 plants in coco.

Strains are all from fem seeds (which I hate) as I don't have any mothers at the moment. I have bubba kush, ultimate, RKS, and power plant. I will explain what is what as the journal progresses.

I will start off with the 20 light set up which is split into 2 rooms. 1 of 8 and the other of 12. 4 plants per light. Currently 5 days into flower.

Feed:

Ionic coco bloom 1.5ec
bud ignitor 2ml/litre
voodoo juice 2ml/litre
great white shark powder
cannazym 2.5ml/litre

PH 5.8

Upload of pics to follow....

DSC_006126.JPG
DSC_006222.JPG
DSC_006420.JPG
DSC_006619.JPG

Subbed.

Out of your exp what setup do you prefer? Soil, coco, etc?

Hydro vs others? Whats your opinion?

I have always grown hydro and aero. And see many people doing drip and soil. I spend thousands on water each year. Just wonder if i could get the same results in the same time frame with other setups

Welcome .

Hydro is my prefrench, especially on large set ups. It's clean, no soil or media to dispose of, it's fast, simple and get the most bud. However, I always get my best results in coco. I never ever have note issues, ph issues or other probs associated with hydro. I'd say coco is most user friendly and I get better quality from that. I never ever grow in soil any more. Had a spell using super soil and it was fantastic but numbers dripped to 12oz per light average which is half my usual amount and it was a lot of hassle mixing soil.

Remember coco is basically hydro too. I use run to waste. I find water usage between recirculating hydro and run to waste to be very similar to be honest, slightly more with run to waste but not huge difference.

So i use 24 6 gallon bubble buckets with 10in netpot and hydrocorn. Its also recirculating. You think switching to coco would help my plants and yield? Obviously i know there are more factors.

I am building out a new room and think im going to try out LED. Some of these numbers and results i have seen on the platinum Leds are amazing.

I also have been using general hydro for nutes and hear great things about AN but not quite sold on it. I dont want to spend $4,000 on nutes and get lesser results? What nutes do you run?

It depends on what u already get. I work off 20-25 dry oz per 600w light. If u are getting that I wouldn't change a thing. Leds work, Ibut are very expensive to set up. I do like them but it can cost 10 times as much to build a room so cost reward isn't worth it. Make sure u get the right pa new as some are utter shit but some are great. I can't recommend a brand on here as it's against the rules.

I've used everything in the way of notes and now I just keep it cheap and simple. Ionic base nutrients and a few additives all of dif brands but mainly AN to be fair. Trouble with AN is they want u to add additives for everything. Mid say a must is bud ignitor first 2 weeks of flower, it takes a week off flower time and does boost yield. Voodoo juice is great too. Boosts are Buddha's tree, this is by far the best boost I've ever used, finish with bloombstic or green sensation. Last 2 weeks in coco I only use plain water and last 10 days in hydro.

Hey cultivator,

I'm eager to see how things turn out. I haven't been growing long. Looking forward to learning some things from a master.
And thanks for the welcoming introduction. I've only got one soil grow and one hydro grow under my belt. Not terribly successful.
I have 2 seedlings now, and was thinking of a soilless grow this time.
I have many questions, but i won't bother you too much right now, I'll just keep an eye on your journal.

But if i may, I'd like to know the answer to a couple questions now, as i plan on transplanting in the next few days.

What kind of mix will you be using? You said coco. Do you not use any perlite or vermiculite or peat moss?
I would of thought straight coco would retain too much moisture, considering the frequent watering needed (to give the plants nutes),
since it is essentially hydro, and root rot problems might develop.

And what would you say the growth rates are like for a soilless grow?
Obviously it would be a quicker grow than soil, but would you put it on par with, say, a DWC or recirculating grow?

Any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

It's sometimes hard to get some consensus on the t'interwebs, but advice from someone experienced as you, would be invaluable.

:Namaste:

YOUR BACK!!!!!!

I take so much from your grows my friend and can't wait to see where this goes.
I know you have answered this before but why do you swear by voodoo juice? I want it but it's so pricey!
Speaking off...how goes things with the new venture you were talking about ?

Hey cultivator,

I'm eager to see how things turn out. I haven't been growing long. Looking forward to learning some things from a master.
And thanks for the welcoming introduction. I've only got one soil grow and one hydro grow under my belt. Not terribly successful.
I have 2 seedlings now, and was thinking of a soilless grow this time.
I have many questions, but i won't bother you too much right now, I'll just keep an eye on your journal.

But if i may, I'd like to know the answer to a couple questions now, as i plan on transplanting in the next few days.

What kind of mix will you be using? You said coco. Do you not use any perlite or vermiculite or peat moss?
I would of thought straight coco would retain too much moisture, considering the frequent watering needed (to give the plants nutes),
since it is essentially hydro, and root rot problems might develop.

And what would you say the growth rates are like for a soilless grow?
Obviously it would be a quicker grow than soil, but would you put it on par with, say, a DWC or recirculating grow?

Any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

It's sometimes hard to get some consensus on the t'interwebs, but advice from someone experienced as you, would be invaluable.

:Namaste:

Hi mate.

No need to add anything to coco, u can add perlite if u wish but I get best results straight coco. I just feed as the pots dry out and don't have any run off. An example would be if I used a 10 litre pot I would feed approx 1 litre of liquid per day. This normally leaves coco dry enough for constant watering. Always allow to dry out but not so the plant is completely parched.

Id suggest sticking with soil until u have a little more experience or jump to coco as that's a better transition to hydro. But a bit safer in terms of things going wrong.

YOUR BACK!!!!!!

I take so much from your grows my friend and can't wait to see where this goes.
I know you have answered this before but why do you swear by voodoo juice? I want it but it's so pricey!
Speaking off...how goes things with the new venture you were talking about ?/QUOTE]

How u doing mate?

Voodoo juice is a beneficial fungi which helps uptake nutes to plant easier. I combine that with mychorrizae usually In the forum of great white shark. Healthy roots = more bud and better quality.

Yes my venture went well but I sold the company 3 weeks ago mate. Got made an offer and couldn't turn it down really. Plus I missed growing too much lol.

Excellent, well it's great to have ya back mate. I got a another question that I'm not sure if you would prefer as a private msg but I know your journals are open and all about info so I will ask and if you want reply on here or via PM...or not at all of you can't be. Other editors because your not obligated to do so haha
I'm looking to get a full room going in the next coming months and I would like some advice on what YOUR feel is the best way to go about doing so. I had something like a 24 RDWC system in minds but I'm unsure and would like advice from the master.
I have only ever grown using dwc and mini rockwool cubes (cap'n style) so I'm trying to avoid soil.

Will get some voodoo juice, I already use great white because of a previous suggestion from you about a year ago

Subscribed Cultivator, I'm still just a peep but as thirsty for information as a 6 week old girl in bloom.

I came over hear because of your answer about temps in a cloner. Questions if I may?

1. How do you cut your clones, scrape, 45% cut, gel, cut leaves?
2. Exactly what do you use in your cloner (per gal)?
3. What do you use for foliar spray? (if any)?
4. Do you use a dome? If yes, for how long?
5. What temp & RH do you like?
6. What do you set your timer to (on & off)?
7. Res 70 degrees down to 65 degrees when rooted.

Thank you Cultivator.

Excellent, well it's great to have ya back mate. I got a another question that I'm not sure if you would prefer as a private msg but I know your journals are open and all about info so I will ask and if you want reply on here or via PM...or not at all of you can't be. Other editors because your not obligated to do so haha
I'm looking to get a full room going in the next coming months and I would like some advice on what YOUR feel is the best way to go about doing so. I had something like a 24 RDWC system in minds but I'm unsure and would like advice from the master.
I have only ever grown using dwc and mini rockwool cubes (cap'n style) so I'm trying to avoid soil.

Will get some voodoo juice, I already use great white because of a previous suggestion from you about a year ago

U can ask anything in my journals mate, might not always get the right answer though haha.

As for setting up a full room it depends on how big u plan on going. What size pots for DWC? Do u want big plants or small plants? Generally I'd go 2-4 plants per 600w hps and expect a yield of 20-25 per light. But there's a lot of factors at play. If u had room dimensions I could give u better idea. Remember I'm from Europe so work the metric system, I have no clue in foot and inches lol.

Sledgehammer???

Hey man very good to see you back,did the store happen?? Still mma training/fighting??

How u doing mate?

Yeah had the store and led business but recently sold it all as I was made a great offer. It's the main reason I haven't been on here, been so busy and had to be careful not to lino my business to weed.

Still fighting and competing mate. Doing well, lost one fight last year out of 6. Back in the cage end of Feb.

Subscribed Cultivator, I'm still just a peep but as thirsty for information as a 6 week old girl in bloom.

I came over hear because of your answer about temps in a cloner. Questions if I may?

1. How do you cut your clones, scrape, 45% cut, gel, cut leaves?
2. Exactly what do you use in your cloner (per gal)?
3. What do you use for foliar spray? (if any)?
4. Do you use a dome? If yes, for how long?
5. What temp & RH do you like?
6. What do you set your timer to (on & off)?
7. Res 70 degrees down to 65 degrees when rooted.

Thank you Cultivator.

If u go through my signature and look at previous couple journals I have detailed instructions on cloning. I did have vids up but I had to block them. Maybe i'll put some new ones up.

People over complicate taking clones Imo. The key is to take good size cuts from a healthy plant. Look after ur mother well and she will repay u well. I never use rooting gels or powders in aerocloners anymore, they aren't necessary. I use it If cloning in rockwool or jiffy pellets though as I get slightly faster results.

1. Take a nice large cut 6-10 inch is ideal.
2. Immediately cut stem with clean sharp blade or snips.
3. Place stem in water for couple mins
4. Apply gel or powder if using
5. Place in aeroclone with plain water not ph'd. Temp 69-70f. Or into pre soaked jiffy pellet/rock wool.
6. Put propagation lid on tray. However I never use domes on aeroclones.
7. Mist with plain water couple times a day for first few days then stop.
8. Do not place under direct light. Place off to one side. Clones will root twice as fast.

Hope this quick break down helps. But like I said u'll find more detail in my last journals.

U can ask anything in my journals mate, might not always get the right answer though haha.

As for setting up a full room it depends on how big u plan on going. What size pots for DWC? Do u want big plants or small plants? Generally I'd go 2-4 plants per 600w hps and expect a yield of 20-25 per light. But there's a lot of factors at play. If u had room dimensions I could give u better idea. Remember I'm from Europe so work the metric system, I have no clue in foot and inches lol.

How u doing mate?

Yeah had the store and led business but recently sold it all as I was made a great offer. It's the main reason I haven't been on here, been so busy and had to be careful not to lino my business to weed.

Still fighting and competing mate. Doing well, lost one fight last year out of 6. Back in the cage end of Feb.

First, great to hear your still fighting. 5-1 for the year is not bad at all! What's your main discipline? I'm gonna guess boxing and bjj.
Your probably as pissed as I am that UFC London got cancelled, I hope they do one at the end of the year but no matter where the next one is in the UK I'm going. Would love to see Connor in Dublin!

As for the room
I'm not 100% yet but we are talking a room about
600cm x 600cm
Maybe 4 600 hps to the room but more can be added
Ideally a big pot like the alien XL rdwc which are 27l pots, only thing with that is my mate would be looking for quick turn around so I'm not sure if they will even be vegged for long enough to need a pot that size.
In regards to small or big plants, I wuld prefer big of course but I'm pretty sure my buddy who im doing it with wants a veg of no longer than a month so they won't be too big.

I had something like a 24 pot RDWC system,standard pot size because they are a lot cheaper but would love to know what you think

Cheers buddy

First, great to hear your still fighting. 5-1 for the year is not bad at all! What's your main discipline? I'm gonna guess boxing and bjj.
Your probably as pissed as I am that UFC London got cancelled, I hope they do one at the end of the year but no matter where the next one is in the UK I'm going. Would love to see Connor in Dublin!

As for the room
I'm not 100% yet but we are talking a room about
600cm x 600cm
Maybe 4 600 hps to the room but more can be added
Ideally a big pot like the alien XL rdwc which are 27l pots, only thing with that is my mate would be looking for quick turn around so I'm not sure if they will even be vegged for long enough to need a pot that size.
In regards to small or big plants, I wuld prefer big of course but I'm pretty sure my buddy who im doing it with wants a veg of no longer than a month so they won't be too big.

Cheers buddy

U won't get much in a 600 x 600 cm space. U sure u don't mean 6m?

The alien set up is good but stupid money. Go flood and drain, it's cheaper and u will get same end result prettyy much. I currently run a 24pot alien flood and drain. Floods really quick and a full cycle takes less than 15 mins. I'm having a nightmare with it atm though, going to lose half my plants probs but that's not down to the system. I've had other issues which i'll explain wen I put pics up. U would want min 6 600w hps for a 24 pot set up.

Yeah ufc not being on was crap. I don't think we'll see Connor fight in Dublin for a while now as Vegas is where the big money is as ufc knows his fans will travel. Still, it would be great to go watch a show in Ireland.

U won't get much in a 600 x 600 cm space. U sure u don't mean 6m?

The alien set up is good but stupid money. Go flood and drain, it's cheaper and u will get same end result prettyy much. I currently run a 24pot alien flood and drain. Floods really quick and a full cycle takes less than 15 mins. I'm having a nightmare with it atm though, going to lose half my plants probs but that's not down to the system. I've had other issues which i'll explain wen I put pics up. U would want min 6 600w hps for a 24 pot set up.

Yeah ufc not being on was crap. I don't think we'll see Connor fight in Dublin for a while now as Vegas is where the big money is as ufc knows his fans will travel. Still, it would be great to go watch a show in Ireland.

Yeah that's my mistake, 6m by 6m is the size of the room roughly. 6 lights is not a problem, going to be nice and hot in there, will have to set up air cooled hoods and daisy chain them which will take a bit of research (I have only ever run LED)

I'm gonna research the 24 pot flood and drain system now, I know u always do big grows and even the passed ones that have had some issues you have still managed to do great things so I fully trust your opinion.

Yeah I agree I think they are going to be smart and do it in Vegas, which I don't blame them for...just give us a decent card when you come here and I'm happy. As much as I love Connor I think Dennis pointed out a few issues with his game that Jose will expose. I would love to see him win it though.

Back
Top Bottom