Barneys Farm Cookies Kush in Soil - Coco - Hydro - Aero - DWC - LED & HPS

GermanDude

[Barneys Farm] Cookies Kush in Soil, Coco, Hydro, Aero, DWC - LED & HPS

Heya, after trolling around here and reading for the last three years i finally decided to register and hopefully contribute a little to the community.

I am 40-ish, been growing for 8 yrs and i have grown only dwc and soil in the last 2 years and only two strains in that time, Kosher Kush and Sour Diesel to finetune my Nutrient Regime. Full disclosure i will start to work soon for the firm which makes my climate controllers, mainly cause i developed one with the owner which will go into production with my wishes. So i am kinda biased on these. lol. Otherwise i am not affiliated with any of the brands or products i showcase. But all are used cause they do an excellent choice.

I decided to make a Journal cause i want to change my system after this grow and this will be a learning curve for me to handle all of the different growing styles i'll be using on this brand new strain, namely Soil, Coco, Hydro with Hydroton, faux Aeroponics with diy Aeropots.

So the start up info, i add fotos shortly after that:

Seedbank: Barneys Farm
Strain: Cookies Kush (HT Cup winner 2014)

Vegative Lights: Advanced LED 100x3 + CFL
Bloom Lights: 600w HPS + NoName LED 120x5w (320w real draw) both on a light mover

IMG_20150425_191022_rewind.jpg

in picture back ground is Rollex OG. This tent side is clear in approximatly 14 days.
IMG_20150425_191032_rewind.jpg

left tent side, the hps, the boxfan left side. Big plant on the right is GSC, in front are Sour Diesel, also on this side is Berry Bomb, and Bubble Bomb and some Dinachem. This was a mixup for fun grow try new strains.
IMG_20150425_191053_rewind.jpg

the light mover and exhaust filter. exhause is outside the tent btw.

Rooms:
Veg: 60x120 cm room, height 260cm
IMG_20150425_190926_rewind.jpg

the veg room. in front a small Chocolope, big one behind Dinachem DWC, small ones in DWC are rooted Cookies Kush
Bloom: Homebox Tent Modular System, white foiliage high reflective par output, 120x240cm, height 200cm

Intake fan: no name 250
exhaust fan: PrimaKlima 380

AirCirculation:
2 x Boxfan type Hurricane

Co2:
Veg: Homebrew from yeast (no exhaust ventilation in veg)
Bloom: Hooked up to Climate Control, 10 kg bottle of Co2 (release all 4 Minutes for 7 seconds at 12l per minute)
IMG_20150425_190957_rewind.jpg

the bloom Co2 bottle. lasts 1,5 month, cost 26€ to refill with 10kg of Co2.
Filtration:
Rhino Active Virgin Carbon Filter 450

Climate Control:
GrowControl GrowBase XT: Individually for me developed, soon in series and to buy, Controls exhaust, intake, Co2, Pump, could alternativly control: Lighting time, heater, humidifier, dehumidifier, timer based controls. This is a totally userfriendly Controller which allows to control 4 devices simultanous. What functions these are is decided by you. easy to control only one button to control it all. its a push and rotary button. super user friendly and easy to understand.

GrowControl Duo Timer: also specificly developed by my plans for me. Not going into series. This device controls my air circulation vents. Meaning i release my Co2 in the middle of the tent, on each side of the tent are circulation fans. Left one turns on for 30 seconds, then a delay of 10 seconds, then right one turns on for 30 seconds ... This keeps the air super circulated and spreads the Co2 around the whole time and evenly in my garden.

IMG_20150425_191114_rewind.jpg

top left is the duo interval timer. the layout is wrong on this cause its a beta product or unique controller. plugged it left right is left fan and right fan in the tent.
on the right of it is the growbase XT. hooked up top left to right: exhaust, intake, below that left to right Co2 Solenoid Valve and the IntervallDuo Timer to keep air circulation work in sync with the Co2 release valve (circulation not exhaust thats already synced via the the growbase XT)

Grow Mediums:
Soil: 18l and 7l
DWC: 10l with 7l of solution or 2 Gallons
Hydroton: 4l pots to drip emitters
faux Aeroponics: enclosed diy 4l pots with Spray muzzles
Cocos: 4l pots and one 4l Smartpot. Hooked up to drippers

Water:
RO water, with 19ppm

Nutrient Schedule:

I, or we, worked hard over the last 2-3 years on this. Every Product is there for a reason and each application and the rate has also been worked on for some time now by me and three friends. i will write why i use each of these and why in this quantity if Info on this is requested. All ingredients can be easily bought worldwide, for US growers you know Tyrole Glückspilze as Great White.

This was developed following certain guidelines, fe. internationaly availability of products, price obviously and most important product quality. AN Base Nutrients are excellent and dirt cheap (74,39€ incl. delivery for 10l each of Sensi Grow or Bloom a +b, yeh thats 20 l of nutrients). Most expensive on this setup are some of the AN additives.But like i said if more info is wanted i post it.

IMG_20150425_191230_rewind.jpg

some of the stuff thats in use in the veg phase

Application Rates all for 10l.

Base Nutrients Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Total
AN Sensi Grow A 10 mL 20 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 190 mL
AN Sensi Grow B 10 mL 20 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 190 mL
Hesi Root Complex 20 mL 30 mL 30 mL 30 mL 20 mL 20 mL 230 mL
SuperVit Superthrive 5 drops 4 drops 3 drops 3 drops 3 drops 5 drops 18 drops
Tyroler Glückspilz 5g 2g 2g - - - 9g
Hesi PowerZyme - - - 10ml 20 mL 20 mL 50 mL
Cocos Water 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 120 mL
Aloe Vera Juice 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 120 mL
AN Bud Candy - - - 5 mL 10 mL 15 mL 30 mL
AN Nirvana - - - - - 20 mL 20 mL
foliar feed all 10 days a silicate based product.
per 10 l

Base Nutrients Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Week 7 Week 8 Total
AN Sensi Grow A 20 mL 10 mL - - - - - - 30 mL
AN Sensi Grow B 20 mL 10 mL - - - - - - 30 mL
AN Sensi Bloom A 20 mL 30 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL - 250 mL
AN Sensi Bloom B 20 mL 30 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL 40 mL - 250 mL
Hesi Root Complex 30 mL 40 mL - - - - - - 80 mL
AN Big Bud (powder) - 3.2g 3.4g 3.6g 3.6g - - - 13.8g
SuperVit Superthrive 5 drops 4 drops 2 drops 2 drops 2 drops 2 drops 2 drops - 19 drops
AN Overdrive - - - - - 20 mL 20 mL - 40 mL
Tyroler Glückspilz 5g 2g - - - - - - 7g
AN Bud Candy 15 mL 15 mL 15 mL 15 mL 15 mL 15 mL 15 mL - 105 mL
GH Flora Kleen - - - - - - - 30 mL 30 mL
Hesi Boost 20 mL - 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL - 120 mL
AN Nirvana 20 mL - 15 mL 15 mL 15 mL 15 mL 15 mL - 95 mL
Hesi PowerZyme 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL 20 mL - 140 mL
AN Bud Blood 4-5g - - - - - - - 4-5g
AN Bud Factor X 10 mL 10 mL 15 mL 15 mL 15 mL 15 mL - - 80 mL
Aloe Vera Juice 30 mL 30 mL 20 mL 20 mL 10 mL 10 mL 10 mL - 160 mL
Cocos Water 40 mL 30 mL - - - - - - 70 mL

Puh that was a lot of base Info. Now let's start with the grow, shall we?

Grow Journal

Part One, week 13 for Soil Monster, week 1 for all rooted clones in all mediums.

Cookies Kush was bought on 21/01/2015 and reached me on 24/01/2015. I put only one seed in water with supervit and superthrive. Within 12h it sank down to the bottom. After that i placed it in a towel. Only 12h later on 25/01/2015 it had already a nice taproot. So I put the seed in a 0,7l pot.

On Monday 26/01/2015 it already sprouted and looked up from the soil. Been unter Advanced LED veg Settings from the start (89w). Two days ago i switched to full spectrum (183w) to give her one final last boost. I topped her after the fourht node. removed the first two nodes and spread out nodes 3 and four. Defoliated moderatly occasionaly. It became soon way to huge for the small veg cabinet and i decided to drop her as mother and bloom her now. I already choose an excellent cut from her for my new MP.

Now it looks like this:

IMG_20150425_190518_rewind.jpg

in picture the small co2 yeast machine. height from soil ~ 30 cm. Width ~80 cm diameter.

IMG_20150425_190535_rewind.jpg

bitch is pretty spread. already filling out nearly 80 cm. Scrog net is 100 cm at the moment. cant spread much more otherwise i cant get it through the door to the bloom tent. at top of pic is one of her rooted daughters in a 7l soil pot.

IMG_20150425_190740_rewind.jpg

IMG_20150425_190547_rewind.jpg

another side shoot. small part of the advanced led 11-band thingy is visible. Full spectrum on 184w power draw. also visible is a small GSC Bonsai i want to create. Thats Cali Connection GSC btw, from 6 seeds for 80€ only one came alive. I think i don't purchase CC seeds anytime soon again, if ever. But not to worry my retailer gave me a full refund and at least one bean popped, whith a lot of work and manipulation btw. I used the refund on the Cookies Kush, Critical 2.0 (next project) and four Hazes (Blueberry, SSH, Amnesia, Chocolope)

Advice is needed here, shes in a 18l pot right now. Would you suggest to repot here now into a 30l pot, veg 14 more days and then put here into bloom? or let it stand as is and just bring there to bloom next week?

a nice cut, made by accident, this may become the next mom:

IMG_20150425_190619_rewind.jpg

IMG_20150425_190623_rewind.jpg

IMG_20150425_190631_rewind.jpg

notice the added mykos and bacteria at the stem. The earlier the application the less you need to use or reimacculate.

Rooted Clones, all started on 4/20 in their new mediums, ain't that a perfect date to start a HT Cup Winner?

DWC, currently in plan as mother or clone giver this one is:
IMG_20150425_190836_rewind.jpg

IMG_20150425_190841_rewind.jpg

something that will go into bloom in 14-28 days
IMG_20150425_190847_rewind.jpg

IMG_20150425_190850_rewind.jpg

faux Aeroponics, Hydroton, Cocos
IMG_20150425_190823_rewind.jpg

much to see in this picture. you see 4 square diy pots which i will spray with a muzzle to get the roots wet. cost of the made up aero pot: 1,32€ build time ca 80 seconds per pot. i remove these emitters next week and place em on the muzzles then. i plan to feed 3 minutes every 20 minutes. or how it goes.. aero is new for me.
then their are 8 pots in hydroton with a drip emitter.
way behind the last three in the background are the cocos. two in a 4l square pot one in a 4l smart pot. these are handwatered atm but will get hooked up to emitters next week.

IMG_20150425_190857_rewind.jpg

also a Dinachem DWC plant. i take a clone from her and bloom this plant with all the Cookies. Notice btw the Super Silver Haze on the left. It's a mutant which grows white leaves each second node on the left side of the plant. Never ever saw something like this or heard of it. I topped her above a good node. The side shoots of the one with the big white fan leave also show whiting. The unmutated nodes develop it seems a normal green leaf. But i am not sure if the white is getting green on the leaf again after some time. I just want to blow her now cause shes so funky and its a mutant.

Also if info is wanted how i setup the aero pots i can post that as well. it can btw be used from the start to root them as well without a medium. or you put small root cubes already rooted in them (thats what i did for now. i try to root without a medium also sometime dureing this grow.)

that's all for today folks. that was nearly 3h now to type and check. Excuse my spelling, you may have guessed im German.

it's good i guess. I don't have a comparision to other LED's. So im not sure if a platinumled or lush or even eshine is better at that wattage.

having said that. you see the CK Soil Mother Plant. I just switched her to full spectrum. for the first 12 weeks she was only under 89w veg settings. looks pretty happy and good to me. and all in all i want to replace the bloom tent lighting to four 100x3w lights. first i will acquire two more and do part of this grow then with 2 eshines and the 600w. for next grow i hope it will be four of them and no hps. and if that is not enough (should be around 700w powerdraw of led) i am willing to go as high as six 100x3w lights in my tent.

I btw plan to buy 2 eshine 100x3 next month or the following. i would love to hook up with a member then from here and we all open our cases. Advanced LED, Eshine and Platinum, especially eshine and platinumled i'd like to see the inside. I know at least that the advanced has a slightly different spectrum (green is also in it at 520nm i think).

I hate to inform you, but I have heard really bad things about the eshines. They would be good for maybe side lighting or additional lighting, but I wouldn't use them as your only source of light. Just don't invest too much money in them man. I would hate to see you get em and em go out 6 months later :/

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Bump, looks great mate! P L E A S E CONTINUE :)

sry man to dissapoint. this was my first grow journal, and it overwhelmed within days. Not to mention my phone lost its cam and me the ability to make photos. so i forgot it and dropped it.

Some Infos though,

Aero, was good but seems to me to be to much trouble potential cause of the bare roots.

DWC, was good but needs a lot of nutrients if you switch resi each week.

Earth, meh not so good for me.

Hydroton and small 4l container were very good, smallest nutrients amount needed, plus roots have something to hold on to. Only now i would not recirculate again. DTW is only a little bit more expensive but much better in terms of contrallability.

AN Base nutes were good in all conditions.

Roots Exceleratur from h+g sucked in all conditions. Never gonna buy that damn slime making mashine again.

may or may not start a new journal sometime.

dude , heyyyyy from Turkey !! that was great job i am little bit jealous of your system :)
i am interested in Cookies Kush recently , i need to know about your yield ? how much have you gain from each plant in soil ?
thank you . peace ...

hey
just ordered some Barneys Farm Cookies Kush from herbies

how'd yours turn out? any pictures of the final harvest???
any difficulties with this strain?
thanks a bunch!

hey
just ordered some Barneys Farm Cookies Kush from herbies

how'd yours turn out? any pictures of the final harvest???
any difficulties with this strain?
thanks a bunch!

No one seems to complete Cookies Kush grows. I just completed a aeroponic grow in a 2x3 tent. Got 7.5 oz of great bud off of 10 plants SOG. I had some PH problems in flowering but they finished strong in 56 days Grown under LED (300-330 actual watts).

Honestly one of the strongest strains I have come across.

No one seems to complete Cookies Kush grows. I just completed a aeroponic grow in a 2x3 tent. Got 7.5 oz of great bud off of 10 plants SOG. I had some PH problems in flowering but they finished strong in 56 days Grown under LED (300-330 actual watts).

Honestly one of the strongest strains I have come across.

thanks smileysuniv, cant wait until i get them.
ill make a start to finish journal
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom