Sativa Dominant Bag Seed - 2nd Generation

knowledgeable

Sativa dominant seeds from outdoor bagseed plants, growing indoors.
6 cfls
about 8550 lumens
5 seedlings
plan to increase to 10,000 lumens
MG soil
Started germing in peat pellets may 26
Transplanted to MG soil 29th
First grow
Plan to vegetate for 1 month or after several fimmings, and some lst
Any advice for growing technique and better yield? The first plant didn't really have a main cola but many budsites.
I want this journal to help new growers who don't wanna buy fancy nutes, and soils to see what kind of yield you can get from such a grow.

Glad to see that you started up a journal. The CFL's look nice and bright and a good distance from the plants. 5 bagseeds should pull you some good results..... Low cost grows are awesome and a lot of people will gravitate towards it........... Look for the thread about a 40$ DIY grow box.... Kosmi maybe was the name.... He pulled off some pretty awesome stuff with a very low budget. I hope you have some good luck with the MG and I will make sure to keep an eye on your journal and help out where I can. 1 month is a good veg.... Just my 2 cents about that... I would maybe go past one month maybe closer to 2 months. I don't remember what the numbers were but I was reading a very well known grower called the Captain on here.... He talked about the amount of increased yield with just a few extra weeks of vegging. If you weren't planning on FIMMING or TOPPING I would say that fine but the FIMMING is going to slow down growth a bit. I just suggest maybe extending the veg a bit you wont be upset with the results. Again great start man excited to see where this journal goes.

Also throw a link to your journal in your signature.... This will allow you get a lot more activity on your journal cause when you post in other areas on the site, people will often check your journal from that link like on my posts... Ok enough of my ramblings and happy growing.
Thanks a lot. I thought I had added the signature but I guess it didn't save. Quick question when do I water. Ive been keeping it pretty dry so I don't overwater but I was just wondering when to tell. Ive been doing the poke method

DSC0021411.JPG
5 days old

The poke method works for now... Once you have them in a larger container the lifting method is more appropriate. This is where you don't water until the pot is the same weight as it was dry or out the bag. Cannabis wants you to allow the soil to dry out before watering again... The roots search for water and if they stay submerged in moist soil they will stop searching and eventually begin to rot, and the plant don't like it.... A lot of factors go into when to water per each grow and all the variables... RH, TEMP, SOIL....... Use the search button on the top and search when to water someone out there has wrote a much more indepth and easy to understand explanation then I can give you. Drainage is also a big key... Maybe not as important at their current size but once the plant is bigger its going to want to have a good amount of runoff water when you feed them. Most people say about 10-20 % of the water you add to the container should come out the bottom on each watering. This allows salt build up's to break down and kind of wash away from the soil or medium. Also try to water on less occasions and larger waterings.... again allowing the soil to dry out before watering again, not constantly staying moist. I have found good success with the poke method pushing my finger into the pot and when its dry 1.5 - 2 '' into the container then the next day or so... Your plant will tell you also. The foliage will begin to droop down a bit and when this happens its time to water, preferable the day before... Currently I water about 3-4 gallons of water every 4 days into a 5 gallon smart pot. Your plant will let you know and in my opinion the watering schedule is the hardest thing to learn at first. That was a big long winded and I apologize for that but I hope that it atleast cleared up some things if not.. I can try again :D

The poke method works for now... Once you have them in a larger container the lifting method is more appropriate. This is where you don't water until the pot is the same weight as it was dry or out the bag. Cannabis wants you to allow the soil to dry out before watering again... The roots search for water and if they stay submerged in moist soil they will stop searching and eventually begin to rot, and the plant don't like it.... A lot of factors go into when to water per each grow and all the variables... RH, TEMP, SOIL....... Use the search button on the top and search when to water someone out there has wrote a much more indepth and easy to understand explanation then I can give you. Drainage is also a big key... Maybe not as important at their current size but once the plant is bigger its going to want to have a good amount of runoff water when you feed them. Most people say about 10-20 % of the water you add to the container should come out the bottom on each watering. This allows salt build up's to break down and kind of wash away from the soil or medium. Also try to water on less occasions and larger waterings.... again allowing the soil to dry out before watering again, not constantly staying moist. I have found good success with the poke method pushing my finger into the pot and when its dry 1.5 - 2 '' into the container then the next day or so... Your plant will tell you also. The foliage will begin to droop down a bit and when this happens its time to water, preferable the day before... Currently I water about 3-4 gallons of water every 4 days into a 5 gallon smart pot. Your plant will let you know and in my opinion the watering schedule is the hardest thing to learn at first. That was a big long winded and I apologize for that but I hope that it atleast cleared up some things if not.. I can try again :D

Never too much information! I had a little leaf drooping on one so I added a bit but i will try bigger waterings, less frequently. Lowering the lights helped and I noticed more growth on stem girth and leaf size. The new set of leaves are just starting to appear, I cant wait!

Probably just wanted some water. When they are underwatered like that it will take a day or so to recover. I have never heard of using distilled although I am sure its probably better then more water sources. Hopefully we can figure out the drooping...

those small Dixie cups probably dry out pretty quick. My son used them to get a jump his vegetables in his closet with some extra bulbs I had around and I was quite surprised how quickly they did dry out...

Let's see a pic of them. Could be a few things. How often are you watering?

After I watered a bunch it washed away some soil so the stem wasn't supported enough. Lol..anxiety over nothing. but since I added extra soil, theres been a gnat problem. I think since the soil was outside it had larvae in it :( anyways I did a h2o2 flush and hung sticky sheets so hopefully all goes well

DSC002808.JPG
8 days old, trying to handle a gnat prob. Waiting as long as possible to water and when i do im watering with a h2o2 and h20 mix. Drooping plant on right fell down pretty badly so its trying to recover. Also I didnt water it for a while. 3rd node starting to come in on the 9 day old plant. Any advice would be helpful on fung gnat prob. i think theres about 5 adults. Sticky paper wasnt sticky enough so i didnt catch any. Possibly a ph or nute prob too. Contemplating transplanting to bigger pots soon.

Those babies look like they are drowning. Let the cups get dry. Add another light or few, With CFL you will need more. They actaually look good for 9 days except for the one on the right. It looks like it is soaked.

I start my plant in Solo cups too. MY first mistake was watering/feeding too much.

Less is better ;)

~GG

Those babies look like they are drowning. Let the cups get dry. Add another light or few, With CFL you will need more. They actaually look good for 9 days except for the one on the right. It looks like it is soaked.

I start my plant in Solo cups too. MY first mistake was watering/feeding too much.

Less is better ;)

~GG
Thanks for the feedback. I had just watered before the picture so that's why they look like they're drowning Lol. Maybe I should cut back though. And for the one on the right, it took a tumble almost all the way to the ground and I think its roots may have been damaged. In the future I wanna add either brighter bulbs or more bulbs to get it over 10,000. When do you usually transplant into bigger pots from the solo cups? Your grow is looking pretty good. Hope they turn out to be pretty tasty

I transplanted my current batch from the cups to 8" nursery pots in days 14-17 when they were about 5-6" tall. Every strain will act a little different. When they drink the cups dry in 2-3 days is when I feel they have filled the cups with roots.

Your plants will be fine. Just be sure the cups are light and dry before watering again. YOu should be ready to re-pot in a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom