Colloidal Silver & THC Bombs Auto Crossing With Reg Blue Blood

my first go with the colloidal silver was abandoned due to other reasons , second time success

I chose to use feminized thc bombs because they where high on thc , i also used autos to speed things up
I choose the tallest plant to spray with the cs spray and i used the shortest to pollinate , just to see if i could get med height plants

i started to spray the nodes and branch tips , just a couple as soon as she showed a couple of female parts , pistols calyx ect

i sprayed every morning and every evening
this went on for about 14 days , i told my self this is not working nothing much was changing , she was still trying to just flower as normal
Any way because i am such an impatient person and hate waiting on things to happen ( cant help it ) i got a sowing needle and put little holes in one branch not the whole way through just a few ,

so i sprayed another couple of days then changes happened and quick , the whole plant was firing out pollen sacs , even branches im sure i didnt spray

P1070394.JPG
P1070447.JPG
P1070542.JPG
P1070543.JPG
P1070545.JPG
P1070546.JPG
P1070547.JPG
P1070564.JPG
P1070566.JPG

here is the needle marks

P1070597.JPG

P10706482.JPG

the happy couple
P1070635.JPG
P1070636.JPG

so a couple of weeks past and the pollen sacks started to mature

i found the best way to save the pollen was to use tweezers pick off the sacs just as they look ready , lots of sacs fall before opening so i give a little shake over the plate , i put the plate into a warm cupboard where my hot water tank is , i put it on top shelves as its not too warm there due to having sheets towels ext on the bottom shelves ,
the next day i add dry rice then just get a spoon and put it into little storing bottles .the rice will help dry but it will also be good as the rice will be covered in pollen , i can then take out a rice grain and pollinate my chosen branches

P10706831.JPG
P10706861.JPG

I have 2 clones i have took off my blue blood , this is her you can see a little soft tie on one branch that ive pollinated
P10706791.JPG
P10706801.JPG

P10707001.JPG
P10707011.JPG

my plan is to use some pollen to get seeds from the clone , i want to TRY breed it out to change the blue blood regular to blue blood auto with a high cbd and thc .
I cant really answer too many questions as this is my FIRST time trying this , but all going well the thread will be interesting

re: Colloidal Silver & THC Bombs Auto Crossing With Reg Blue Blood

my first go with the colloidal silver was abandoned due to other reasons , second time success

I chose to use feminized thc bombs because they where high on thc , i also used autos to speed things up
I choose the tallest plant to spray with the cs spray and i used the shortest to pollinate , just to see if i could get med height plants

i started to spray the nodes and branch tips , just a couple as soon as she showed a couple of female parts , pistols calyx ect

i sprayed every morning and every evening
this went on for about 14 days , i told my self this is not working nothing much was changing , she was still trying to just flower as normal
Any way because i am such an impatient person and hate waiting on things to happen ( cant help it ) i got a sowing needle and put little holes in one branch not the whole way through just a few ,

so i sprayed another couple of days then changes happened and quick , the whole plant was firing out pollen sacs , even branches im sure i didnt spray

P1070394.JPG
P1070447.JPG
P1070542.JPG
P1070543.JPG
P1070545.JPG
P1070546.JPG
P1070547.JPG
P1070564.JPG
P1070566.JPG

here is the needle marks

P1070597.JPG

P10706482.JPG

the happy couple
P1070635.JPG
P1070636.JPG

so a couple of weeks past and the pollen sacks started to mature

i found the best way to save the pollen was to use tweezers pick off the sacs just as they look ready , lots of sacs fall before opening so i give a little shake over the plate , i put the plate into a warm cupboard where my hot water tank is , i put it on top shelves as its not too warm there due to having sheets towels ext on the bottom shelves ,
the next day i add dry rice then just get a spoon and put it into little storing bottles .the rice will help dry but it will also be good as the rice will be covered in pollen , i can then take out a rice grain and pollinate my chosen branches

P10706831.JPG
P10706861.JPG

I have 2 clones i have took off my blue blood , this is her you can see a little soft tie on one branch that ive pollinated
P10706791.JPG
P10706801.JPG

P10707001.JPG
P10707011.JPG

my plan is to use some pollen to get seeds from the clone , i want to TRY breed it out to change the blue blood regular to blue blood auto with a high cbd and thc .
I cant really answer too many questions as this is my FIRST time trying this , but all going well the thread will be interesting

Yeah, buddy. I'll follow along. I've got nine plants, all fems in small cans, just moved them up from solos to 1gal.. One is aTHC bomb, all photos. Anyway, I want to seed them. not exactly sure the method though. I'll try my hand at breeding down the road,,, right now I want seeds. Good info, great job buddy!!

Thank you , im not very good at explaining things they way others would explain , cant spell too good , my pictures hopefully do the explaining for me :)
welcome aboard mate

Thanks for the invite. This is going to be a challenging project but i'll try to help as much as I can.

Goal

i want to TRY breed it out to change the blue blood regular to blue blood auto with a high cbd and thc

As i'm unfamiliar with either of these strains I did a bit of research.

THC Bomb

THC Bomb is the original signature strain of Bomb Seeds. It has created rave reviews around the world. This strain has it all a mixture of giant, rock-hard buds and explosively high THC levels. THC Bomb is a connoisseurs dream whilst also providing commercial growers with large yielding crops.

Like Big Bud, the harvest will be massive, coupled with the power and strength of a classic white strain. THC Bomb has very high levels of THC, well over 20% when grown under optimum conditions. The plant stays relatively short for such a high yielder. The strength and vigour and fast finishing make THC Bomb a truly top grade plant. Outdoors THC Bomb can produce well over 1kg per plant. When ready to harvest the plant will literally be covered in frosty white trichromes. THC Bomb was developed to be something special delivering on every level: yield, strength, taste and speed!

Plant Height: Short (65-90cm)
Indoor Flowering: 7-9 Weeks
Harvest Outdoor: Sep-Oct
THC: Very High (20-25%)
Yield: Very High (550-650g/m²)
Stoned/High: Strong, all round buzz

Blue Blood

With this plant we have crossed our OG Kush with an astounding Blueberry that has been with us since 1998. This plant produces buds that have the strength and density of the OG but have that wonderful smell and taste of the Blueberry. The Blueberry overtones over wash the OG so for those of you used to OG this plant will smell and taste more blueberry, however there is an element of diesel fuel to the smell and taste. Not one for an inexperienced medical grower, but well worth the effort for those who can. Blueberry x OG Kush has been bred to contain higher percentages of CBD or cannabidiol the part of cannabis now considered to be most responsible for pain-relief, nausea, as an anti-inflammatory, and for many many other symptoms. CBD has been found to provide physical relief, it actually works to counteract the psychoactivity of THC, allowing patients a much desired element of clarity unassociated with so many other types of cannabis. This strain can also be a very effective insomnia killer, especially if you have pain that keeps you awake.

In short for medicinal users this would be the strain we recommend for a multitude of different ailments.

We are currently working on other strains to increase the CBD ratio to further help sufferers.

Medical uses: Chronic Pain, Body relief without mental intoxication, Insomnia, Muscle Spasms, Nausea, MS, Gastrointestinal Issues, Arthritis, Anorexia

Genetics: OG Kush x Blueberry
Indica/Sativa: Indica (70%) / Sativa (30%)
THC: 15 - 20%
CBD: 10%
Flowering time: 6 - 10 weeks
Yield: Medium

Lets break our goal into two parts.

Part One- high cbd and thc

Bomb has high THC and Blood has medium to high THC and high CBD. On paper using a punnet square the cross should theoretically produce plants with med to high THC and CBD levels around 5%.

First problem we have is how do we know how much of each compound is contained in the breeding stock? The samples could be sent out for testing but I would assume spending big dollars on lab testing is beyond the scope of this project. You'll just have to smoke it and take a guess. :volcano-smiley:

This presents a second problem,

Originally published in O'Shaughnessy's, Autumn 2011 By Martin A. Lee

Unlike psychoactive THC, CBD has little binding affinity to either the CB1 or CB2 cannabinoid receptors. Instead, CBD indirectly stimulates endogenous cannabinoid signaling by suppressing the enzyme fatty acid amide hydroxylase ("FAAH") — the enzyme that breaks down anandamide.

Whereas the cannabinoid molecules found in cannabis are considered "exogenous ligands" to the cannabinoid (CB) receptor family, anandamide is an "endogenous" cannabinoid ligand — meaning it binds to one or more cannabinoid receptors and is found naturally inside the body. Anandamide favors the CB1 receptor, which in mammals is concentrated in the brain and central nervous system. Because FAAH is responsible for breaking down anandamide, less FAAH means more anandamide remains present in the body for a longer duration. More anandamide means greater CB1 activation.

By inhibiting the enzyme that metabolizes and destroys anandamide, CBD enhances the body's innate protective endocannabinoid response. At the same time, CBD powerfully opposes the action of THC at the CB1 receptor, thereby muting the psychoactive effects of THC. CBD also stimulates the release of 2-AG, another endocannabinoid that activates both CB1 and CB2 receptors — CB2 receptors are predominant in the peripheral nervous system and the immune system.

In simple english this means that as CBD levels rise, the effect of THC is reduced, ie CBD blocks the effects of THC. You'll need to take this into account when doing your smoke tests.

Goals Part Two - breed it out to change the blue blood regular to blue blood auto

This is fairly straight forward as we just need to develop an IBL treating the autoflower trait as we would any other recessive trait.

Lets take a look at the genetics.........

THC Bomb

THC Bomb »»» Unknown Strain
Unknown Strain

That's all I could find. Seems this breeder is pretty secretive about where his strains come from. I have opinions about this but I'll refrain from going into an off topic rant lol.

Blue Blood

Blue Blood »»» OG Kush x Blueberry
OG Kush
OG Kush Probably
»»» Chemdawg x {Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush, Pakistan} Probably
Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush, Pakistan
Lemon Thai »»» Sativa
Hindu Kush, Pakistan »»» Indica
Chemdawg
Unknown Indica »»» Indica
Blueberry F2
Blueberry Line F1
»»» Temple Flo x HTAF F1
Temple Flo F3
Floral Line
»»» Purple Thai x Afghani
Purple Thai
»»» H.O.G. x Chocolate Thai
H.O.G.
Mexico »»» Sativa
Chocolate Thai
Thailand »»» Sativa
Afghani
Afghanistan Probably Indica »»» Indica
HTAF F1
»»» Thailand x Afghani F1
Thailand »»» Sativa
Afghani (specified above)

Well this is quite a genetic soup we have here. Not only that it's the breeders F1 hybrid cross between OG Kush x Blueberry. Breeders often use DJ Shorts Blueberry and cross to indica as they make for a good mix. The problem with Blueberry is it's a highly inbred IBL and is renowned for producing hermies and mutations.

AS the breeder states it is Indica/Sativa: Indica (70%) / Sativa (30%) so it can't be a straight cross as this would be 50/50. My guess is (purely speculation) they went Og x Blueberry then backcrossed to Og P1 to try and stabilise it. OG Kush P1x (Og Kush P1 x Blueberry). This would give us 66% indica to 33% sativa which is close.

**Off Topic - This strain would be an excellent candidate for reverse engineering. I'll post up how to do it in the Breeding for Seeds thread over the next few days.

So armed with this information lets make a guess as to what is going to happen.

THC Bomb x Blue Blood = Seeds to be produced.

translates to

F1 Hybrid x Unknown Strain = Your guess is as good as mine. Could be anything given the huge gene pool.

Now don't be discouraged, it's just that this project is going to involve a bit more work.

to be continued.........

this may be better to try the Afghani i cloned i grew them out side and they are tough plants , i think they are more old skool , would hate to breed a load of hermies from the blues

Wise decision Professor :thumb:

If you look back on my breeding thread, HG did say it would be better to work with stable lines. That Blue Blood is a Heinz 57 mate :cheesygrinsmiley:

wow , you have brains to burn , my blue blood did hermie ,
this may be better to try the Afghani i cloned i grew them out side and they are tough plants , i think they are more old skool , would hate to breed a load of hermies from the blues

Don't be too quick to write off the project. Overcoming hurdles is part of the fun. Having the ability to breed out undesirable traits is what makes a good breeder.

I wouldn't worry too much about the hermie trait, it will be bred out as you stabilise the strain. Just keep selecting plants which don't hermie and it will be gone soon enough.

I'd cross the afghani as well. It will give you options down the track. :thumb:

I love your style , i already pollinated a branch of the blue blood , she didnt hermie but the other did , id love to be able to get the thc bomb and blue blood to become a nice auto .
I love learning things , takes me a little longer than others but ill do it no matter what it takes .

Thank you for coming by and helping me reps

I'm subbing to learn a few things! I just finished my first try at feminizing plants with DIY colloidal silver, but didn't have as good of luck as I would have hoped. I got plenty of seeds, just not as many as expected.

I harvested the pollen about the same way you did too. I found it was best to pick off the sacs with tweezers and remove the pollen manually.

Looks like you're well on your way to success, and those close ups of the male parts are great!

Subbed up!
If you don't mind I'd like to make a suggestion.
You could put the pollen into a bag with all purpose flour and brush the pollen on with a paint brush (artist type) or q tip. About 1:3 ratio. Pollen to flour. Should be a lot easier than picking out rice and trying to bush it on the pistils. Again just a suggestion....
By the way, your feminized male plant looks really good! Mine looks like crap, but I used 240ppm.

Back
Top Bottom