First Grow - Details Inside

gareth420

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum, I've been reading it for some time now and finally decided to do the registration thing and post up my journal on my first ever grow. :)

I am using a 150x150x200 tent with a 600w dual spectrum light, in the 6.5L pots I've got terra professional, and in the terra I've got 5 auto lemon haze seeds, I've got my fan and filter installed but obviously don't need it yet so not going to waste energy on that by turning it on, will do it after the 4th week. For the vegging stage I am doing 18/6 than I am planning to switch to 12/12. I will tell the supplements and feeds I am going to use in a different post.

Day 0:
Got the tent up with the light/filter/pots
Seeds in water for 24 hours than will plant it.
Picture(s) of Day 0:
28r351i.jpg

Day 1:
Terra in the pots few hours before I put the seeds in so it can settle down and I can minimize the movement of the dirt while all 5 seeds settle.
Seeds are in the pots now, not too far in, about 4-5 centimeters deep, gave them their first drink tonight, going to check on them in about 3-4 hours and see if they need a few more shots of water.
Picture(s) of Day 1:
2h2f9k4.jpg

2elwpx0.jpg

I will try to update this journal every day but can't promise it because of work(mostly doing night shifts).

High Gareth420

Are those seeds fem seeds? Hope so or that you get all girls.

You mention that you planted 4 - 5cm deep. That's almost 2" and too deep for beans. 1cm is what you want.

I always start in little pots and go up in steps to the biggest they'll live in to the end. Especially with seeds as they send a tap root straight down and start spreading out so much of the upper half of the rootball has hardly any roots in it. Lots of roots wind around in the bottom of the pot. Clones have a bunch of shorter roots that head off in all directions and fill up more space..

Nice setup you got for growing some decent plants!

L8r

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey everyone, I'm back after a little break, gonna do a long and informative post today, maybe 2 if I reach the character/image limit!
So basically every single lemon haze lady died, 2 of them were up and happy, but suddenly they just died. Bit of research and common sense made me realize that it was too hot for the ladies, so I've managed to get a big fan and a thermometer which should've been on my first shopping list really. Not too disappointed about the lemon haze failure because I've managed to get some blue cheese seeds! All fem and auto, used the same soil that I've used for the lemon babies, turned the soil upside down, it's a personal preference and common sense I would say, used the plate- wet paper towel-plate method to germinate the seeds, 4 of them were happy and alive and ready to be planted in the soil, obviously you need an odd one in your grow, so I had one, the 5th baby was struggling a bit and took 4 extra days(6 in total) for it to pop in the plate, I was about to say good bye to it when it happened, so I was kinda happy about it. Already had the other 4 in the soil and they were coming through no problem.
So week 1 in summary:
4 seeds in, 1 with a 4 days delay, the first 4 comes up and grows magically fast, the odd one is still struggling and thought it just died but gave her water every time when I thought it's right.
Week 2 was the best week so far, loved it, the ladies were happy and they were growing fast, when I mean fast I mean space rocket speed. Left for work around 6 in the evening, got home around 3 in the morning, 4-5 medium-big leaves when I left, around 6-7 when I got home, they just love the environment, humidity and the temperature. The odd one finally comes up, obviously miles behind the other 4, so I am a bit concerned that when I flick it to 12/12, she's going to struggle a bit, so I am thinking of 1 extra week for vegging so she can catch up with the others.
Week 3 was an average week with no problems really, the first 4 ladies are getting nice and bushy now and started to get taller as well, raised the light by 30-35 centimeters which seems to be the perfect distance right now, the odd one is still miles behind obviously but trying to catch up with the others.
So current week is going okay so far, however I had some heat issues and could do with some advice regarding this matter.
The average temperature in my tent is around 27.5C, so obviously because it's an average sometimes it can go up to 29.5, even 30. I can't close the tent up properly which makes me a bit concerned about the flowering period when they start to smell, and also pest, flies and other dirty things that can make their way in to the tent. Is it a good idea to get a bigger carbon filter with a bigger fan to suck more hot air out of the tent, or a cooltube for the lights will sort the issue? I've got a big standing fan in the tent at the moment which pulls the air in to keep it around 27-28C, but obviously as soon as I close it it goes up to 30-32C which is not good.

Sorry for no updates in the past couple of weeks, been busy with work and this obviously. :)
Pictures and video in the next post with week and day numbers!

High Gareth420

Are those seeds fem seeds? Hope so or that you get all girls.

You mention that you planted 4 - 5cm deep. That's almost 2" and too deep for beans. 1cm is what you want.

I always start in little pots and go up in steps to the biggest they'll live in to the end. Especially with seeds as they send a tap root straight down and start spreading out so much of the upper half of the rootball has hardly any roots in it. Lots of roots wind around in the bottom of the pot. Clones have a bunch of shorter roots that head off in all directions and fill up more space..

Nice setup you got for growing some decent plants!

L8r

Hi, yes I think the lemon haze try was a bit too deep in the soil, so I've just left that bad experience behind and started with blue cheese, all fem and auto, I think the size of the pots is a personal preference, I am happy with what I've got at the moment and I don't think I am experienced enough to move plants from pot to pot over time, obviously as I start my -hopefully long- journey on this path and gather more information over time, I will be able to perform things like transferring plants from different sized pots, and hopefully test some of my crazy ideas that I've had over the last few weeks. :) :smokin::riskybusiness:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom