Sorenna's Secret Garden - Photos - Indoors - Soil - LEDs

Sorenna

Hello... Its me again. :blushsmile:

I wasnt going to make a new journal but Im already having to tell myself I have no place to post my new girls photos. So guess what were doing?... Yes! Another journal.

Here are all the howtos and wherefores:

What strain is it? I dont know. Its supposed to be Kush of some kind. It came from a baggie of happiness.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? I dont know. My guess is an indica dom hybrid.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? They are just vegging out in the tent.

If in Veg... For how long? Freshly popped seeds sown today. (11/24/2015)

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soil

If soil... what is in your mix? Im just using Pro-Mix HP from the bag, no alterations.

If soil... What size pot? Right now they are in some cut-down-to-size 2 liter bottles. They will eventually be in 5 gallon smart pots.

Size of light? Mars-Hydro Reflector series 96 x 3w LED

Is it aircooled? No.

Temp of Room/cab? 65-70 degrees.

RH of Room/cab? 55%

PH of media or res? Havent checked yet.

Any Pests? Just me.

How often are you watering? Once per week or as needed. Right now they are just basically seeds, so Ill give them a lil drink every few days until they come up above the dirt.

Type and strength of ferts used? Ill be using Fox Farm Nutrients Trio - Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom + molasses.

I found 3 perfect, pristine seeds in a friends baggie. It supposed to be Kush but I dont know the exact strain. I know it knocks your socks off though. :) Anyway, I decided to see if they would pop. I used a papertowel method. I put the beans in a wet paper towel and fold it several times and put it in a ziploc bag until they pop. These 3 popped at the same time, within 48 hours. Nice!

Yall know I like to name my plants. Since these are likely unsexed, Im giving them girls names, you know, positive thinking and all that. Im naming them after Charlies Angels - Jill, Kelly, and Sabrina. :) I loved that stupid show when I was a kidlet. Anyway, I digress. Theres just no way Ill get lucky enough for them all to be girls. I know Ill probably have to toss at least one of them.

secretgarden11241.jpg

secretgarden11242.jpg

This grow will be fun for me, because eventho I dont know exactly what it is, I do know how it tasted and its effect. It tasted just awful, Ill have you know. lol Im hoping to improve upon that nasty taste, which is sort of a cross between diesel and assorted chemicals. Just yukky tasting. However, you soon forget how gross it tastes because you have much more fun things to think about once it hits ya. *wink wink*

Another thing about this grow that is different for me is Ill have to do sexing this time. That outta be a hoot. lol

Anyways, welcome to my impromptu, not very thought out grow journal. :blushsmile: Ill see yall in the funny pages!

Sorenna,
Subbed. I read your previous journal and while it ended before I could get comfortable, I am seated to your left eating popcorn w canna butter. :popcorn:

Nice, Stage! :welcome:

Hey! Look over there! ---->

*grabs a handful of cannabutter popcorn and scampers off*

teehee!

Hello McSmoke! Welcomes!

If youve not read my other journals then you might not know that around here I just kinda fly by the seat of my pants. So, you prolly better find something to hold on to.. it might be a bumpy ride!

Im happy to have you here.

Hello McSmoke! Welcomes!

If youve not read my other journals then you might not know that around here I just kinda fly by the seat of my pants. So, you prolly better find something to hold on to.. it might be a bumpy ride!

Im happy to have you here.

Sounds good to me, looking forward to it. I've just started my 2nd indoor grow. Learning so much around here!!!

Take care,

Hi Sorennna - You know I enjoy reading your journals and looking at pictures.

Hi McSmoke,
I'm on my second indoor grow myself - although it's taking a devil of a time. With this and that I have a clone of my first grow that is 520 days old, almost 6 months as a 6" high palm tree looking thing. Fortunately I've had a dozen plants come to harvest while waiting for this one to grow :)

Hi Stage,
No Canna butter here yet, despite my wife's requests. I have made her CannaVG for the vape (failure) and CannaCreamer for coffee(worked - but she quit coffee :) ) I wonder if I should try CannaTurkey for the holidays :)

Hey Sorenna :riskybusiness: great to see you with another journal, subbed in on this one :thumb:

Hi Feral. :blushsmile: Thank you for coming. This gonna be fun!

UPDATE: Day 2

Hello, my fine 420 friendlies. :)

Welcome to day 2! Exciting things are already happening!

*drum roll, please*

We have not one, but two, lil lovies poking up their little heads. Neither of them are all the way out, but one, Jill, is further out than the other, which is Sabrina. Kelly is still shy.

I got a picture of Jill, but I didnt bother with Sabrina's. I think she will be born with her helmet on, because at the surface of the soil thats what I can see, a little shiny brown patch. Jill has a bit of her tiny little stem sticking out, but I cant see the top end of her yet. Just a bit of very thin baby stem. :)

Jill11251.jpg

There is nothing else to report. The only thing Ive done in there today is peek at the surface of the pots. hehe Im like the nervous father in the waiting room, waiting to hear how it goes. lol

Anyway. Jill, wins the first up contest by a stem, with Sabrina in a close second, and Kelly so far behind we cant see her.

I guess I should confess that I goofed before I ever even put the pots in the tent. I knocked over my full glass of tea when I was putting the laundry basket in there for height. I had the SWICK pan and all the pots on it, on the floor, outside the tent and under the glass of tea. The cup was styrofoam and naturally busted all over hells half acre, adding a significant amount of tea to Kelly's pot. *sighs* I cant think of any reason she wouldnt come up except for her soil was so saturated that Im thinking the seed is no longer where I put it. She might not come up at all, but I dont see why not. Stranger things have happened. (Louise, lol)

I hope yall have a great night or day, or whatever time period this reading finds you.

Looking forward to this grow because I use similar soil, nutrients and lighting. :thumb:

You know, I was just thinking. This is my first time using this particular soil. I used Fox Farm Happy Frog the last 2 times. So, I guess well learn this together. haha

As I said earlier, I like to peek in at the soil. I did that. Im glad I did. Exciting happenings in the last few hours. :)

At around 8pm I peeked in there to see if Kelly decided to come join us, she hadnt. But, Jill, on the other hand, was completely out of the soil and stretching her round little leaves. I can already see her first set of true leaves. Yes! Sabrina was a little further along at this point. She hadnt truly broken the plane of the soil yet, nevertheless I could see her all folded up in there, just about to emerge. Could barely see her, but I could.

Later, around 11pm, I peeked in again.. and to my delight, I could see Kelly's stem above ground. Woot! *happy dances* But, thats not all. Where only 3 hours earlier I could barely see Sabrina, now she had fully emerged from the soil and was opening up to look exactly like her sister, Jill. :)

I got pics, too. Come see! :blushsmile:

Jill
jill11252.jpg

Sabrina
sabrina11251.jpg

Kelly
kelly11251.jpg

My little angels. *beams*
trips11251.jpg

Charlie aint got nothin on me! LOL

Silly, stoned and stoked.. my favorite way to be.

~Toodles!

Great job getting them girls to pop up hehe, i am the same, i check on them so often and spend so much time with them, could say i have an obsession hahahaha
I decided i should start a new journal now also, changed it up completely from the last one, hope to see you over there at some point.
Have a great day :Namaste:

Hi, Feral. Thank you. Im pleased as punch, I dont mind telling you. :)

Im gonna head over there and find a good seat and watch you work magic of your own.

I was thinking again.. lol. My thought was that Ive already applied something I learned from my first grow to this one. Both of my plants from the first grow were born with their helmets and membranes and I had to very gently remove it all. I planted them way too close to the surface so they had to do no work to emerge. This time I planted them a little bit deeper and all of them (so far) have come out perfectly.

Hi, Feral. Thank you. Im pleased as punch, I dont mind telling you. :)

Im gonna head over there and find a good seat and watch you work magic of your own.

Be warned, there is a lot of rambling on over there hahaha

I was thinking again.. lol. My thought was that Ive already applied something I learned from my first grow to this one. Both of my plants from the first grow were born with their helmets and membranes and I had to very gently remove it all. I planted them way too close to the surface so they had to do no work to emerge. This time I planted them a little bit deeper and all of them (so far) have come out perfectly.

Sounds like you hit the sweet spot, just far enough for the seed outer shell to come off but sprouted in a couple of days :goodjob:

Sounds like you hit the sweet spot, just far enough for the seed outer shell to come off but sprouted in a couple of days :goodjob:
Yes, my angels, but not 2 days. There were all three up in just over 24 hours. Theyve kinda hit the ground running. :)

Happy Thanksgiving, yall!!!

Back
Top Bottom