16 Pot - RDWC Hydro - Pro 4800W

Hey everyone

Welcome to my grow journal.

A brief introduction. I am a commercial grower and have been a member and journalling here at 420 for about 7 years. I grow mainly Coco and RDWC but have grown in everything inbetween.

My journals are places of learning and questions and input are invited. I dont mind friendly banter but I wont tolerate abuse or putting down of members. So lets get this one started.

Set up:

16 Pot RDWC Pro Alien system
34litre buckets (wish id gone with 55litre but more on that later)
16 6" net pots
4" solid pipework
200litre collapsable reservoir backup
Japanese super silent airpump (will have to check lph)

The strain is Dr Krippling Incredible Bulk taken from clone. Clones are transplanted in net pots awaiting room build.

Space:
2.9x2.9x2m grow tent
9 x 600w duel spec hps
6 x cool tube
3 x gavita
10" rhino carbon filter
2400cfm box fan
500a hailea chiller

Nutes:
Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Grow Micro Bloom
Advanced Nutrients B-52
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice
Advanced Nutrients Liquid Tarantula
Advanced Nutrients Liquid Pirhana
Advanced Nutrients Bud Ignitor
Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy
Advanced Nutrients Sensizym
Ionic Hydro Bloom
Buddhas Tree Pk
Plagron Green Sensation
Great white mycorrhizae
Superthrive
PH Down

Bluelab EC/ppm meter
Essentials Digital PH Pen
Bluelab combo meter

So the clones are rooted in 4 inch rockwool cubes and a good size. 7 of the clones had been transplanted to coco, i removed them and shook off excess coco.

The Rockwool rooted clones will sit on a bed of claypebbles in the 6" net pots and the Coco transplanted clines have gone into coco in the 6" net pots. Its not ideal but it will show how plants can adapt and they will do fine. I actually fond starting RDWC plants in coco works best as you can veg away from the system and build great root structures using beneficial bacterias and fungi before transplant.

This will be living res as it give the best results in my opinion in RDWC when done correctly. I try to stay away from sterile res although i do run them occassionally.

So here we have some pics of the Alien system. Its still boxed and will be built on monday. These systems arent cheap but it shows in the build quality. A system of this size retails around £2500.

20160223_161017.jpg

20160223_160928.jpg

20160223_161109.jpg

The 4inch pipework is strong but rigid. This system has 75cm plant centres. Im not sure what size water pumps are being used yet as I havent looked but I will go into more detail when i build and video the set up.

Here arw some pics of the clones. Note they are large healthy clones. The clones from the coco will need some recovery time due to being ripped out of coco.

20160227_131654.jpg

20160227_132042.jpg

20160227_132037.jpg

Finally here are some pictures from my ongoing coco journal showing Incredible Bulk at 40 days of flower and some pics of the strain from a flood and drain set up.

20160227_201700.jpg

20160227_203437.jpg

20160227_204206.jpg

20160129_142039.jpg

20160129_141640.jpg

20160124_150058-1.jpg

20160122_220721-1-1.jpg

Im sure i have missed out something but not too worry. Enjoy the ride :)

Can you elaborate on the living res thing?

Looking forward to seeing more of your work here:popcorn:

I live res is one with beneficial bacteria. It grows much healthier plants and bigger plants when done correctly due to the plants ability to use and store nutrients more efficiently with the help of bacterias and fungus. I think its quite simple to do but ive had lots of practice.

So heres a few more pics for you before i start the build in the morning. The airpump is 80litres per minute and the recirculating water pump is 1500litres per hour. Notice the nores diffuser in header pot. These are way better than regular airstones. They are an option to have in every pot although i only have one in the brain.

I will most likely be using scrog frames for each plant also, I have something in the pipeline but we will get to that later on.

20160228_190632.jpg

20160228_190457.jpg

Having some issues uploading pics but for those that follow me regular you know the vids will come soon :)

Evening cult was that system easier to put together than the flood an drain
I swapped my plants over to coco and have giving them the nutes you said
Great white, super thrive , multi zyme, I got some micro grow bloom, b52 and voodoo juice today. 5.8 1.6 How long ya reckon will take em to get over the stress of taking em out of the flood an drain system ile get ya a pic in few days an post on ya other journal so not to clog this one. Cheers

It took me 15 mins to set up. I havent added the air pump and airstones yet but thats a simple job. Much easier to set up than the flood and drain system.

The plants are still in veg right? if you ever do that again make sure you apply great white direct on roots to help with transplant. They should only take couple days to recover if you werent too rough with them mate.

Ye I forgot about adding the great white directly to the roots my life's allways a bit of a hurry you no how it is mate
Ye I was gently as could of been some was ok an some had lots of roots hanging down so had to test a few so I hope they come back like you said I'm expecting some cuttings any day soon after this run ile be trying bulk from seeds
You make me laugh cult in ya videos it looks like ya had a spirit level on ya coco in the pots haha
I tryd some of the grow micro bloom today let's see if it does the business

Back
Top Bottom