GangstaJah's - 178W Total CFL - Soil - Grow

GangstaJah

Wassssssuuuuuuuppppppppp :420:, this is kinda my first grow, i've tried with about 15 seeds altogether now and couldnt really get them past seedling stage. However those were the times of cardboard boxes and gaffer tape :laughtwo: I've invested in a grow tent (black orchid hydro-box light) which is 80cm x 80cm x 160cm and things have come along a little better now.

I have planted 4 seeds from a bunch I've received over a couple of months so i have absolutely no idea of the strain.
They look like hybrids to me, with 2 being more sativa than indica and the other two vice versa, currently in Veg however i'll be switching them soon as i don't want to waste too much time on these plants incase they turn out to be boys. Currently in veg for about a month however i haven't been keeping track of the days.

Its a soil and perlite grow, using westland's jacks magic compost with a roughly 50/50 mix. I've calculated (roughly) that my pots are only 1 gallon, i know they're small but I'm really not trying to grow anything spectacular here. 8 spiral cfls with a combined total of 178W, I chose not to get one big bulb and instead spread the love with lots of smaller ones, hoping to get some more in soon, but I need an outtake fan for the heat which is currently being maintained by a 12v PC fan and a 7" desk fan in the top corner of the tent. Temps range from 28-31 C (82F-87F), RH when the tent is closed is 55-65%, pics may show less because the tent has been opened.

Have only watered them once since I've transplanted them from their seedling pots 2 days ago, where I also gave a light foliage feeding of Baby Bio for Herbs (5-5-5), they where yellowing I think due to lack of space and N and so far have been recovering. Pics below.

All 4
IMG_086636.JPG
IMG_085539.JPG

Fimmed, i think i done that correctly lol
IMG_086535.JPG

Didn't LST this one at all
IMG_086039.JPG
IMG_085944.JPG

More pics
IMG_085136.JPG
IMG_085435.JPG
IMG_086234.JPG
IMG_086342.JPG

How's the yellowing going. How close are your lights to them? Do you rotate them during the day... It seems they a dying off due a lack of light. If you've started feeding and have done a foliar aswell then that would be my guess.
You not alone buddy, we're all watching as this and you develop into a great grow. My advice is have a bulb or two over each plant 2-4 inches max. From the foliage.

Goodluck and KiG :green_heart:cheers

How's the yellowing going. How close are your lights to them? Do you rotate them during the day... It seems they a dying off due a lack of light. If you've started feeding and have done a foliar aswell then that would be my guess.
You not alone buddy, we're all watching as this and you develop into a great grow. My advice is have a bulb or two over each plant 2-4 inches max. From the foliage.

Goodluck and KiG :green_heart:cheers

Yellowing has gotten better there are still a few leaves with discolouration however they have definitely picked up, i think they didn't have enough space in their previous pots. I move the lights as well as the pots every day so all parts of the plant get some light. After the foliar they turned a super dark green and had droopy tips, figured nitrogen toxicity so i haven't done that since. I keep the bulbs as close as possible, they are quite cool to the touch but anything closer that about an inch and a half they start to burn.

Will be posting some pics soon, a few of the leaves on the plants have started to yellow again, but in a different way i think. Also has anyone got any suggestions on how to reduce the temperature while keeping the humidity stable?

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom