I'm Back! - Growlow's Perpetual Organic Garden!

Growlow

G'day fellow 420'ers

.....How strange it feels to be typing on this green page again! I sure hope to see some old faces and look forward to meeting the new. I have been very busy with my honey business out of New Zealand that my home garden became inoperative because I spent so much time over seas setting everything up. Now back on Seattle soil more frequently and not being need in NZ as much I thought I'd fire up the engine again.

So what can you all expect from this Journal.... Lets start with making up for unfulfilled promises from previous journals. Like doing a video on Tissue Culturing for example. I am in the the F1 stage of my breeding between Black Cherry Soda and Blackberry... which I have appropriately named BlackBerry Soda. So I'll be journaling my selection process. I just popped the first 50 Blackberry Soda seeds on my hunt for the right girl to get dusted by the same pollen that created her. I'm old school and love creating stabilized genetics. Not just F1 clone only cuts of some well known genetics. Though I have absolutely no doubts I'll find something special in those F1's that may very likely become a clone only cut.

I've got a lot of genetics that are new to my garden including
Ghost Train no1,
Dirty Girl,
Huckleberry Kush,
Gogi,
GDP,
Blue Wizard,
Purple Jolly Rancher,
Purple Afghan,
Connie Chung,

I've not grown most of them besides the GDP/Gogi/Huckleberry. So I'm curious to see what comes of them. I've heard nothing but good things about the Ghost Train, so I'm really looking forward to that one.

Currently both rooms are running as Veg rooms. The 4x8 will soon become a temporary flower room. I am using the larger 8x8 room for Veg as I have 15 x 7gl pots with 3 different strains. White Widow,Professor Chaos, and El Diablo. All from clone so they will be in veg for at least 6 weeks.

So like usual it's a strain smorgasboard! Hope you all enjoy the show! Cheers :Namaste:

A late edit! I'll be sharing an instrument used for making Rosin which has had results of producing 30% returns. I'm not going to claim ownership over the creation of Rosin. With that said I will say that I have been pressing hash with controlled temps through.. the soon to be shared "instrument" for over a decade. I've always been a purist. So for me hash and oil were half the equation or in my case half the journey. I shared my knowledge with a small handful of people in the Pacific North West and Cali. Within 6 months of sharing that info Rosin Tech became a "thing".

I have also been working on a Hash Honey concept for 10 years training bees to harvest from my outdoor crop. I had thought it to be an original idea until recently a friend shared with me, some french guy who has been doing the same thing for 3 years or something like that.

So I'm open to the chance that there was someone on the West Coast or in Colorado who shared my enthusiasm for purity and pushing things to their absolute limits. Just as there was a guy half way around the world who loved watching the behaviour of animals and how to manipulate their behaviour from that observation, just like I did.

I'll promise to do a video by tomorrow :)

nice i was just making some Rosin last night i love how its made with out the BHO in it. I make it the old way but now i use a iron press i love using 3 month cure cannabis nice and sticky make a good return I'm not big rosin maker i just make a little at a time a 1g here and there nothing big but i can't wait to see how you do it :circle-of-love:

nice i was just making some Rosin last night i love how its made with out the BHO in it. I make it the old way but now i use a iron press i love using 3 month cure cannabis nice and sticky make a good return I'm not big rosin maker i just make a little at a time a 1g here and there nothing big but i can't wait to see how you do it :circle-of-love:

Well since it would seem you're the only person subbed to my journal so far I'll just go ahead and tell you what it is. An Arbor Press. Anything over 3 ton should do the job. Find a couple of steel plates that you can warm up. I have found that "Rosin" gives its best yields when the material you use is a tad bit more dried than a perfect cure. Also approaching it with the same mentality as you would toward BHO or any other concentrate besides maybe Bubble. You want it as fine as possible to assist with the extraction process.

Hey Growlow

I'm also back after a long time away :) Hope you don't mind if I pull up a seat and join you.

Your setup is looking great by the way, loving the video updates and nice choice of strains :)

GreenFingers

Welcome back mate!.. and welcome to my journal. I took a quick sneaky look at your journal. It took me back to the days I ran a recycling DWC. Fun times! Cheers for stopping by bud!

Keep up the good work Growlow looking nice. the plants are looking sweet and i must say nice pick of F1 seeds the show is just getting good now lol

Growlow Puff Puff Pass :passitleft:

Cheers Serpent! I'm really really really excited for this. In the next harvest or the one after I'm going to show how to produce Quads! Cup winner quality plants! It involves some toxic chemicals so going to wait until I'm back into a rhythm :)

Puff Puff Serpent :passitleft:

:ciao: :popcorn:

Wow. Why am I not surprised by the staggering amount of cool things going on here? Staus Quo for Growlow.

That arbor press rosin scheme is brilliant. I wonder if I know anyone who has one?

:ciao: :popcorn:

Wow. Why am I not surprised by the staggering amount of cool things going on here? Staus Quo for Growlow.

That arbor press rosin scheme is brilliant. I wonder if I know anyone who has one?

PeeJay me ol mate! Glad you stopped by :) Made my day! Yeah not much has changed, I'm always trying to keep the cup full ... in some cases overflowing :p hehe. Good luck on the Arbor Press hunt. It will change EVERYTHING

Hi Growlow,

Subbed to your journal. Probably a stupid question by why do you start 50 seedlings only to keep about 8? Sorry for the news question.

Rock on!

G'day mate! Cheers for the sub. The reason is this... out of 50 I'll be lucky to have 2 worth keeping. Among those 50 seeds are a whole lot of weak seedlings, ones that will be much more likely to get disease and unlikely able to defend against bugs. Alongside them will be a handful of herms and males potentially. I'm looking for a girl and not just any girl.. like Serpent said, looking for the right phenotype. Once I find that girl she will get dusted by the same pollen that made her. Essentially a method of inbreeding and stabilizing certain genetic traits.

If I were doing a Super Bud breeding then you'd see only 5-10 out of 2000 seeds germinating. I will be doing one of them later in the year in my home lab. I'll be giving a step by step demonstration. Purely to educate not to encourage anyone to copy my methods or techniques. Some of those involve incredibly toxic substances. Regardless of being organic or not! So without the qualifications and experience to handle those materials I strongly encourage anyone to not attempt them. I just think it's important to share info as it helps to broaden the ability for people to comprehend things more effortlessly :)

Back
Top Bottom