Amare Tech SE250 LED - Koniaphostic Grow Journal & Review

On May 18th, a package arrived, 4 Cree CXB 3070 COBs surrounded by a metal box and some 5 watt LEDs...

IMG_639612.jpg

I hung it as high as I could with the wires/carabiners that were enclosed.

IMG_640311.jpg
IMG_640710.jpg

All photos are taken with "Automatic" camera settings from the start of this Amare journey.

IMG_64088.jpg

With all LEDs turned on, the Light has about the same CRI value (94) as a CMH lamp!

IMG_64098.jpg

This is not a comparison of any sort, I am now using 250 watts of light compared to 700/800 watts of light before. Please see here for the pre-story of this plant.

IMG_641411.jpg

I am just trying to relax and trust their claim that the light has the same PAR as a 1000 watt HPS.

IMG_645011.jpg

I am, of course, sceptical. However this is a totally new and koniaphostic experience for me.

On May 18th, a package arrived, 4 CXB 3070 Cobs surrounded by a metal box and some 5 watt LEDs...

IMG_639612.jpg

I hung it as high as I could with the wires/carabiners that were enclosed.

IMG_640311.jpg
IMG_640710.jpg

All photos are taken with "Automatic" camera settings from the start of this Amare journey.

IMG_64088.jpg

With all LEDs turned on, the Light has about the same CRI value (94) as a CMH lamp!

IMG_64098.jpg

This is not a comparison of any sort, I am now using 250 watts of light compared to 700/800 watts of light before. Please see here for the pre-story of this plant.

IMG_641411.jpg

I am just trying to relax and trust their claim that the light has the same PAR as a 1000 watt HPS.

IMG_645011.jpg

I am, of course, sceptical. However this is a totally new and koniaphostic experience for me.
I'll follow along with this! Curious on this new light they speak of. I've looked into them previously, so a good review will be great. :thumb:

I'll follow along with this! Curious on this new light they speak of. I've looked into them previously, so a good review will be great. :thumb:

Hi Nismo :ciao: It may not be good, but it will be honest :thanks:

2 days later, May 20th, no shock or stress symptoms. Temps are a bit low, around 25 Celsius.

IMG_64939.jpg

IMG_65169.jpg

I am not bringing back the oil heater, it's OK to drop temps near the end of flowering.

Re: Amare Tech SE250 LED - Koniaphostic Grow Journal & Review

Oh the reveg. We have one of those also I am was surprised to say the least that it created roots. Love how this plant has a strong will to live.

The low Temps could be good for multiple of those lights. :thumb:

Sweet new light! I like the fact that this light setup gives off more natural lighting along with the different spectrum led's. I will have to look into this as I have been interested in the led's but would like to combine them with my small HPS. This new light may have done all that in 1. Glad to see the broken branch took to rooting! So now you will just put her into veg cycle again leave that bud attatched to it while it veg's? I have read some about this before but will need to do some more research soon on this topic. Would be fun to try.

This is going to be an thread of great interest, LED technology is advancing at lightspeed. That sucker is amazing, imagine an led panel that didn't have a pink glow... I'll watch with great anticipation, thanks for doing a review/journal on these new lights. Goodluck on the reveg!

KiG :green_heart:Cheers

Oh the reveg. We have one of those also I am was surprised to say the least that it created roots. Love how this plant has a strong will to live.

The low Temps could be good for multiple of those lights. :thumb:

Nice looking set up. Awesome the the top took to some new roots! I'll be interested to see how the new lights work out.

Sweet new light! I like the fact that this light setup gives off more natural lighting along with the different spectrum led's. I will have to look into this as I have been interested in the led's but would like to combine them with my small HPS. This new light may have done all that in 1. Glad to see the broken branch took to rooting! So now you will just put her into veg cycle again leave that bud attatched to it while it veg's? I have read some about this before but will need to do some more research soon on this topic. Would be fun to try.

Thanks guys :thanks: The top is revegging at the windowsill. She is getting about 14/15 hrs of light, increasing until June 21.

A stem will grow out of each calyx that survives the transition. This plant in flower was also a flowering clone from a feminised seed.

The temps from the light are relative to the wattage. I was using much more wattage before.

2 of these would produce the same amount of heat as a 500 real watt LED.

The thing about these lights, specifically the COBs, is their efficiency.

I am getting a lot of lumens for each watt that I am using.

These were taken on the 23rd of May

The Jack Herer seedlings are loving the light!

IMG_65438.jpg

Skush doesn't mind it either :;):

IMG_65487.jpg

IMG_65559.jpg

I raised the light a little, to give a more even coverage. She is a bit tall in the middle...

IMG_65627.jpg

These were taken yesterday, May 25th :cheer:

IMG_659510.jpg

Flowering seems to be coming along nicely, in spite of lower temps.

IMG_65969.jpg
IMG_65979.jpg
IMG_65985.jpg

Jack Herer seedlings are still doing fine :)

IMG_65948.jpg

Solo cup Cheese 99 has been harvested and the stump will be replanted and revegged. Keeping her 12/12 for now to reduce stress.

IMG_659310.jpg

Here are her harvested buds :cheer:

IMG_65888.jpg

Main Cola :)

IMG_65917.jpg

I would be interested to see someone with a PAR meter take some actual readings in a 4x4 tent.

I don't have a PAR meter, unfortunately. Or a 4X4 tent.

I also don't have a 1000 watt HPS to compare it to either :;):

I received a message from AMARE Tech about the SE250 PAR vs 1Kw HPS PAR discussion:

Attached is our par for a 2x2, 4x4 and peak ppfd table for both with/without lenses. Please note that the 30/60cm from center readings for the 2/2 and 4x4. We deliver substantially more par intensity as a 1000w within the recommended 3x3 footprint only. The 1000w HPS will cover more area due to the wattage difference. To match HID in terms of coverage, you will need a minimum~60%+ LED actual wattage, depending on the efficiency of the design and quality of components.

My take on this info, is that the Amare LED puts out about the same amount of photons as a 1Kw HPS within a much smaller footprint at 30/60 inches above the canopy. An HPS lamp shoots out photons in all directions and has a much larger effective footprint than the directed light from the LEDs. The Amare needs to be at least 2 feet (preferably 3 ft) from the canopy, in order to cover the area more evenly with adequate PAR.

At 60cm/2ft hanging distance, it covers

I have only included the table for without lenses here.

PAR_AMARE_2_.jpg

DE_TEST_31.jpg

So; digesting this, I think I am OK as far as lighting is concerned for the moment, aside from the fact that I would never have the room or cooling capacity for a 1 Kw HPS anyway. I cannot hang the light as high as I would like to be able to, due to my carbon filter at the top of the tent.

Buds are ripening now, these photos are from May 31st (yesterday)

IMG_67384.jpg

IMG_67432.jpg

This left side bud is gone now, in the name of scientific sampling :rip:
IMG_67406.jpg

This is the tallest cola
IMG_67394.jpg

1000W light gives out 50 watts per square foot on a 4.5' X 4.5' footprint

A 250w light gives me 50 watts per square foot in a 2.2' X 2.2' footprint ~ 5 sq.ft

I am not using my full 3'X3' tent – more like 3'X2' with one plant ~ 6 sq.ft.

IMG_67466.jpg

So, I have around 40 watts of LED light per square foot of flowering canopy, though too close atm to give an even coverage.

IMG_67369.jpg

For the total 3'X3' tent, I have around 28 watts per square foot.

Hosebomber recommends:

How much light should I use?
The following is a MINIMUM light requirement for productive growth in the vegetative stage:
CFL: 42.25 watts per square foot
HPS/MH: 32.5 watts per square foot
LED: 22.75 watts per square foot

The following is a MINIMUM light requirement for productive growth in the flowering stage:
CFL: 65 watts per square foot
HPS/MH: 50 watts per square foot
LED: 35 watts per square foot
The Basics Of Plant Lighting

The light from the cobs has some heat when I hold my hand under it, though that could be from the far-red LEDs.

The LED puts out as much heat as 250 watts does, i.e. not much. Tent daytime temps are between 25 and 27 degrees Celsius.

We have had a heatwave in the last few days, with clear skies and evening sun beating down on the roof of the bunker.

Tent-temps have been around 27 degrees celsius and have never climbed above 32 degrees celsius.

The wattage requirement depends on the lights efficacy. COBs are much more efficient than HID in terms of umol/watt with a much superior spectrum, which further enhance it's efficacy.

Back
Top Bottom