My First Ever Grow

Beginner bro

Hey guys this is my first grow and first post I am on day 4 now and this is my progress would like feed back I am using one CFL light 150 equivalent
image17217.jpeg
I am using biobizz all mix for my medium and fox farm nutrients range for feeding des tilled what're 6.4-6.8 ph what watering in a home made grow box :thanks::thanks::420:

image17279.jpeg
here is a pick of her today not a lot of change l..... I have put a nother 150= light in there now for more light in the next 3 weeks I will be getting a grow tent kit I hope that will help make a better environment for the plants as it is a closet grow atm :cheer::420:

Cfl's you can get pretty close to the plant. Yours is a seedlings so I would place my hand under the light then start moving it down to just where you can start to feel the heat coming off it. Then I personal go a few inches under that give or take until the second set of leaves start to grow.
The best advice I could offer a new grower is to fight that urge you get to water her. A spray bottle to moisten the top of the soil is plenty.

Looking good. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks man :high-five: I will give that a go now and i have just been watering with a bottle should I buy a spray bottle? Or will a bottle do just fine? How do I know if the light is to close to the plant will it do damege the plant if burnt thanks for the help man :thanks:

Thanks man :high-five: I will give that a go now and i have just been watering with a bottle should I buy a spray bottle? Or will a bottle do just fine? How do I know if the light is to close to the plant will it do damege the plant if burnt thanks for the help man :thanks:

I suggest the spray bottle because it lowers the chance of over watering. A bottle will work just fine but I suggest only filling the cap of it with water.
Yes you can get light damage however it's a bit harder with cfl's. Just place you hand above the seedling. If the heat is to much for your hand it's to much for her. She won't look happy stretching for the light if your having any issues. Try not to spray water on her while your lights are on that can also hurt a seedling.

Okay I will get a spray bottle if it is better for the grow this is my little grow spot for 2-3 weeks till I get my tent so excuse how bad it looks but are my lights at a good position now? I know it mite be hard to tell but the one on the left is not far off touching the pot and the one on the right is about a inch up I have more stuff on the way to help my grow like a 3 peace light hanger and a new fan that moves in a circle and spray bottle now the grow tent can't come soon Enuff there is not Enuff space for my seedling to grow to much it is just a little metal container in a dark cuberd about 2 foot high I don't think my plant can do too good in there I have got a digital thing to check temp and humidity in there on its way as I have no clue atm a friend sed till I get one try mimic summer time temps thanks for the help msSinful :420: (is my plant ready for feeding as I have no clue ?
image17280.jpeg

Okay I will get a spray bottle if it is better for the grow this is my little grow spot for 2-3 weeks till I get my tent so excuse how bad it looks but are my lights at a good position now? I know it mite be hard to tell but the one on the left is not far off touching the pot and the one on the right is about a inch up I have more stuff on the way to help my grow like a 3 peace light hanger and a new fan that moves in a circle and spray bottle now the grow tent can't come soon Enuff there is not Enuff space for my seedling to grow to much it is just a little metal container in a dark cuberd about 2 foot high I don't think my plant can do too good in there I have got a digital thing to check temp and humidity in there on its way as I have no clue atm a friend sed till I get one try mimic summer time temps thanks for the help msSinful :420: (is my plant ready for feeding as I have no clue ?
image17280.jpeg

She looks good right now. The lights look fine. You'll definitely want more space down the road so it's good you have a tent coming. With cfl's the more light the better. The light bar will allow that. For seedling and veg you'll want to 6500k cfl's and for flower you'll want to use 2700k. It looks like the light on the left is a 2700k but I'm not 100%. Have you checked out the stickys and the forums on here? They have a great one on everything you need to know to grow.
I wouldn't feed her just yet. She's just starting to grow so I wouldn't mess with the natural process of that. I'm still learning myself when it comes to feeding so that's about all I can suggest without giving you incorrect info. I'm sure once she gets to that point someone who does know on here will jump in and offer some help. :)

Thanks you are a big help:thanks: I won't be using CFL in flower as I'm getting a tent with a 400w HPS light (but I mite run CFL depends on how much electric HPS use) a ballets and carbon filter ect ect but I think I may get one more light in there providing the temp don't run too high but the fan (I hope should keep it good) temp wise but will the leafs start to wilt and change coller if I don't feed her that way I can wait till then and then I will know it's time? But yes I hope sum one will jump in and help wen its time but much appreciated man :420::volcano-smiley:

Thanks you are a big help:thanks: I won't be using CFL in flower as I'm getting a tent with a 400w HPS light (but I mite run CFL depends on how much electric HPS use) a ballets and carbon filter ect ect but I think I may get one more light in there providing the temp don't run too high but the fan (I hope should keep it good) temp wise but will the leafs start to wilt and change coller if I don't feed her that way I can wait till then and then I will know it's time? But yes I hope sum one will jump in and help wen its time but much appreciated man :420::volcano-smiley:

It would depend on what your using to grow her in. I'm using roots organic soil which will be all my plants needs if I choose not to add nutes.

I am using biobizz all mix for my soil as it was recommended to me and was given to me for free but not sure how good it actually is and u don't need to add nutrients? That sounds cheaper lol

Thanks guys is a fan nessasery for a seedling ? Because a I have nothing for a week or so to tell the temp of my room and wen the fan is on temp gose down so I'm not sure how low it drops or how high it drops from? If that makes sens? I know u need a fan to make the stem strong to stop it from bending so can I have it on just for a cuppple hours a day or something? Just to stable the stem to keep it strong? :420: them CFL don't seem to give off much heat by the feel of things

Here is my baby but I took 2 pics to show u my problem I don't understand why my plant has this weird colour on the Leefs but only can see it wen above the plant is this bad and my growth seems to be slower then most is it connected or am I just paranoid
image17313.jpeg
image17312.jpeg

Here is my baby but I took 2 pics to show u my problem I don't understand why my plant has this weird colour on the Leefs but only can see it wen above the plant is this bad and my growth seems to be slower then most is it connected or am I just paranoid
image17313.jpeg
image17312.jpeg

I think she will be fine. In your 2nd post there were some picture with water her on day 2&3 I can tell you from experience that can cause damage to the leaves. It will cause lighter spots where the water sat. She'll bounce back. Right now she's focused on stretching her roots in the pot she's in.

Back
Top Bottom