Plasmo's First Grow - Auto-Fem AK47 In Soil - 2016

Plasmodesmata

Hi guys, Plasmodesmata here!
I would like to share my very first grow with you.

Growing conditions

Tent:
Mars Hydro 27x27x63 inch Growtent

Pot:
Growtools Airpot (15L)

Soil:
60% Canna Terra Seedmix (first question, can I use this mix for later stages of growth?)
40% Perlite

Nutrients:
Biobizz Grow and Bloom

Light:
Mars300W LED (centered around 24" above the plant)
250W 6400K Pro-Star CFL (side lighting)
Both on 18 hour photoperiod

Ventilation:
Intake - passive
Exhaust - Can-fan (ruck) rk 125ø 310m³
Carbonfilter - Can-lite 300PL

Temps:
Day - 27 celcius/80 fahrenheit @ 80% RH
Night - 21 celcius/ 70 fahrenheit @ 90% RH

PH:
Tapwater - 7.3
Soil - TBD
Runoff - TBD

Number of plants:
1 seed

Strain:
Auto-Fem AK47

Pictures of the setup before the start of the cycle, lots of Nepenthes growing on the lower level along with some random plants:

Everything that happens will be new to me so expect a lot of mistakes and a lot of questions.
I'm really excited to start my first grow and I hope you will enjoy watching my progression.

See you out there,
Plasmodesmata

Here ya go man. You will get your pics deleted by moderators if you don't do them through the 420 uploader. It's really easy once you do it a few times. You just Highlight "gallery" then select "upload photos" then drag them into the box and them process them.

Here ya go.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thanks mate, should be corrected now.

Things I'm most concerned about so far:
- the pH of my tapwater, which is well above the ideal 5,5-6,5.
(I will be receiving the soil tomorrow so haven't been able to measure soil pH or runoff yet)
- the lights off temperature drop from 27C to 21C.
(Should I be heating during lights off?)
- the effect of 80-90% RH on the seedling.
(These are ideal ranges for Nepenthes, but I'm pretty sure Cannabis prefers 40-60%)

Here we go!:cheer:
Seed germinated and transplanted to 60/40 Canna Terra Seedmix/Perlite.

IMG_317714.JPG

Light distance: 50cm/20"
Soil temp: 20.5C/68.9F

Is this an auto mate? And if so are you keeping in that pot for the full grow? I've only grown autos and know they don't like to be transplanted so if avoidable I'd defo avoid transplanting.. Autos tend to be forgiving with heat my box is at 30celcius and my plants are nice and healthy but stains can vary to what they withstand.. Just my two pennies worth. Happy growing

Sent from my M1009 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah mufc420, it's an auto.
My airpot delivery was delayed, I'll receive it tomorrow. The seed started to germinate quicker then I expected, so I felt like I had to put it into soil. I will repot it into the 15L airpot tomorrow. I'll try to be extra gentle so as not to disturb the seed.
Next time I'll be more patient and wait till I actually have everything ready to go before germination.. :scratchinghead:

As for the temps. Im not so worried about the temps in general, more about the temp difference between lights on and off. I've read here and there that it can have negative effects on plants, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks for the tips man!

No worries mate. I found they do germinate fast I had one within 2days in a paper towel the root had grown into the towel and the shell had started to shed so I potted it as soon as I seen it and she is still going strong lol. Your plant will love that 15l pot mate!! Im using biobizz nutrients aswell so could help each other along the journey aha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Day 3,

Still figuring out how to make LED photos look viewable, but the plant itself still seems to be doing well.
Real leaf colour is slightly lighter than in the picture.
So far no added nutes or water, just plenty of light and fresh air.
IMG_319317.JPG

Day 5

First watering since planting the seed. Watered with demi-water, no nutes yet.
Second set of leaves starting to form. Great colour and good leaf shape so far.

Day 10
I finally repotted Lana into her airpot. I haven't seen any signs of stress from transplant, just less growth overnight. Hopefully she speeds up soon.
IMG_321315.JPG

Still happy with the look of the plant. She's in Canna Terra Professional. In a couple of days, I'll be giving her a first light feeding (Biobizz Grow).
IMG_321415.JPG

Does anyone know when I can stars watering the entire pot instead of a circle around the plants?

Day 21,

Still looking healthy, gave the second round of 2ml Bio-grow yesterday, this time with some added gen200 control.
She grows really compact, expected a taller plant by now, but I'm happy with it considering my limited growspace.
I'm considering starting LST tonight.

Here are some pictures before LST:

Looking good man. The only thing I would do different is where the wire goes around the stem I would slide it down about a half inch to 1 inch just so you are pulling on the stem only. That way your leafs can do what they want as far as turning towards the light. Looking very healthy though!

I would bet you may see a growth spurt any time.:thumb:

Day 37!

IMG_327114.JPG

Coming along great, with some basic LST I've managed to get a couple extra colas going.
IMG_327319.JPG

Leaves look healthy, no sign of stress or burn. The plant looks a bit too low to the ground to my liking, but maybe its just the strain.
IMG_327213.JPG

Only thing I'm not sure of is wether I should trim away some leaves to let more light through to the lower colas.
Would this stress out the plant at this stage?

Plasmo

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Definitly alive and well!
Didn't have time to update the journal. Been a busy few weeks.

Hanna still looking pretty, short and bushy as ever, but the colas are looking great for a first grow imo.
Defoliated here and there to give the smaller buds a chance, otherwise did not do much training since my last update.

Some pictures (sorry for the cat hairs):

The Setup

Top view

Some colas

Trichome zoom

Hope you like! Happy growing
Plasmo

Back
Top Bottom