Sugar Black Rose - The Black - Delicious Candy

PurpleGunRack

Hi 420 friends and welcome to my 2nd Strain Search journal in the Mother Hunt project.

Germination started 02NOV2016

This time it's two ''black'' Indicas and a shitfacer, still doing feminised seeds that are also available as regular.

6 plants total, 2 of each strain.

I'm thinking 4-8 weeks veg and I'm gonna do LST on them and maybe top one of them.

They all germinated and are now sitting alongside 9 other plants that will be moved to my other tent for my Sea of Green project Sea of Freebies - SoG - LED - Organic - 1mx1m - 9 Plants

For veg I'm using the Gas Lantern Routine and running my lights on full spectrum from start to finish.

Strains:

Sugar Black Rose - Delicious Seeds (Critical Mass x Black Domina) Pot 1+2

The Black
- BC Bud Depot (Unknown) Pot 3+4

Delicious Candy
- Delicious Seeds (Caramelo x Cheese) Pot 5+6

Setup

Light:
2 x Mars Hydro Reflector 144x5w, combined draw ~600w at 230v

Tent:
Homebox Q120 (120cm x 120cm x 200cm)

Extration:

S&P TD350/125 Silent, 125 mm carbon filter from PrimaKlima, mini silencer. acoustic ducting, 2-step speed switch for the fan

Pots:

3L and 15L Air-Pots

Medium:
BioBizz Light-Mix with a generous amount of rinsed perlite added

Fertilizer:
Full BioBizz regime

Other:

Circulation fan, humidifier

WP_20160620_04_01_06_Pro.jpg

Day 11 from start of germination

WP_20161112_23_19_13_Pro.jpg

:passitleft:

Super clean setup! When you say full spectrum from start to finish what do you mean? On my LED panel I got a veg and a flowering switch so it means that you put it on flowering (all LEDs on)?
Really nice tent!

Update Day 19 from seed

The wee ones are growing nicely, has been a bit slow but I lowered the lights and they started growing strong.

I think I'm gonna begin feeding lightly tomorrow, and start LST'ing in a few days.

So nice to have something green to look at again ;)

WP_20161120_18_58_53_Pro.jpg

:surf:

Nice looking setup you got there.

Glad you said you are moving 9 of them out of that tent. I was looking at it and wondering how the hell are all those plants going to grow in that small area. :)

Nice looking setup you got there.

Glad you said you are moving 9 of them out of that tent. I was looking at it and wondering how the hell are all those plants going to grow in that small area. :)

Thanks man!

Yeah 15 plants in 120cm x 120cm is gonna be tight;) gonna end up with 6 plants in 15L pots.

Looks good in here! I was wondering something with the Air-pot(s), after a few waterings the medium tends to fall a bit and the sides and top "cones" from the pot aren't as filled as before. Do you add extra soil to fill it up or you leave it like that?

Looks good in here! I was wondering something with the Air-pot(s), after a few waterings the medium tends to fall a bit and the sides and top "cones" from the pot aren't as filled as before. Do you add extra soil to fill it up or you leave it like that?

Some of the soil is washed away, I just let it happen since it's not that much.
If you dont, you should put a piece of cloth on the bottom before putting soil in the pot - it stops a lot of the erosion and the roots won't grow through and get submerged in run-off.

Thank you for your reply! The cloth idea isn't stupid at all! But I'm now wondering if I shouldn't switch to fabric pot for my next grow, they are quite handy for lazy people like me :)

Update Day 43

I'm working out of town at the moment and haven't had much time with the plants.
The SoG plants have been moved to my other tent, so now there's plenty of room and light for the 6 remaining ladies(for now..)

I started LST'ing them on Day 27, Delicious Candy #2 was topped above 5th node.
Though I'm tightly booked when I get home this weekend, I'll have to finde time to transplant them and do some more LST

Before LST

WP_20161128_22_59_57_Pro.jpg

After LST

WP_20161128_23_32_03_Pro.jpg

Topped Delicious Candy

WP_20161128_23_32_30_Pro.jpg

Day 41 a quick pic before leaving, I got a nanny watering them while I'm away ;)

WP_20161213_01_16_53_Pro.jpg

Hey PurpleGunRack, your plants are looking great and your setup is clean! I'm curious on your thought about those air pots? I've been looking into them for a few days now but would prefer to hear from someone using them before I invest any moneys into a case.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey PurpleGunRack, your plants are looking great and your setup is clean! I'm curious on your thought about those air pots? I've been looking into them for a few days now but would prefer to hear from someone using them before I invest any moneys into a case.

:thanks:

The air-pots are fine, but the small ones dry out way too fast, and it's are hard to water the medium to full saturation.
I'm actually considering phasing them out cause I'm not always able to check on my plants every day and you really need to stay on top of watering with these.

I'd recommend going with cloth pots, they're alot easier to water and drench, though they lack the rigidity and are not as easy to clean after use.

:thanks:

The air-pots are fine, but the small ones dry out way too fast, and it's are hard to water the medium to full saturation.
I'm actually considering phasing them out cause I'm not always able to check on my plants every day and you really need to stay on top of watering with these.

I'd recommend going with cloth pots, they're alot easier to water and drench, though they lack the rigidity and are not as easy to clean after use.

Thank you, I appreciate your honesty. I struggle in the winter with humidity staying on the lower side. So I really don't need another reason to be watering more than I am.
Thanks again .

Thank you, I appreciate your honesty. I struggle in the winter with humidity staying on the lower side. So I really don't need another reason to be watering more than I am.
Thanks again .

My pleasure ;)

If you haven't tried already, hanging a wet towel can help get humidity up especially if some of the towel is in a container where it can continuously suck up water as it evaporates - aka the ghetto humidifier :)

Update Day 56

I finally got the girls transplanted to their final 15L Air-Pots, and now I'm trying to catch up with the LST.
Once they're set in their new pots and have grown a bit more I'll flip them to flower, probablay in 2-3 weeks.
Feels good to be back in town and back on track with the ladies ;)

Before LST

DSC0006418.JPG

After LST

DSC0007522.JPG

Lights ON :)

DSC0007817.JPG

Back
Top Bottom