ZoGrows - Sour Tangie - MarsHydro Reflector 96 LED - Veg & Bloom

Zogrowsgreen

Hello All, Welcome to Round 3 of ZoGrows. Enjoy the ride.
IMG_20161110_172810.jpg
About The Strain & Setup
Sour Tangie - (Crockett Family Farms/ DNA Genetics) - Crockett's Sour Tangie is a combination of the old and the new. Tangie is the more modern strain that people are going crazy for, and Sour Diesel is an old-school throwback, full of sour funk people know and love. This cross works, what ever you love more Sour or Tangie you make the call this strain gives it all. Look for 2 phenotypes, one more Tangie and one more Sour D, both finishing in around 9 weeks and both growing reassuringly tall.

Sour Tangie will grow fast in the vegetative state and vertical stretching often lasts well into the 4th week. With amazing crystal production and an even more impressive terpene profile, the Sour Tangie wins in all areas. The fast veg', big plants, solid, long nuggets, amazing crystal production and fragrant aromas will make Sour Tangie your absolute favorite.

BOUQUET
A beautiful blend of tropical fruit and oily diesel. Extremely pungent and deliciously memorable.
EFFECTS
A powerful, diesel-style head-spin precedes a long-lasting period of reflective calm.

Plant Type:
Mostly Sativa
Genetics:
Sour_Diesel x Tangie
Yield Range Indoor:
Average Heavy
Flowering Weeks Indoor:
8-10 weeks
Sex:
Regular
Flowering Style:
Photoperiod
Maximum Indoor Yield:
500 - 600 g/m2

Grow Area - Apollo Horticulture 60" x 60" x 80" (5x5)
Apollo Horticulture 48" x 24" x 60" (4x2)
VIVOSUN Horticulture 48" x 48" x 80" (4x4)

Fans & Ventilation
2 6" dollar store clip fans
8" desk fan.
6" 240 cfm ventech inline fan
8" 440 cfm ventech inline fan
iPower Carbon Filter attached to an Apollo Horticulture 6" Inline Fan with built in speed control for VIVOSUN tent.

Nutrients
VEG+BLOOM Reverse Osmosis formula + Shine - "VEG+BLOOM powder plant nutrient contains all the essential elements and beneficial additives your plants need to succeed.
SIMPLE
Our powders simplify your routine. It's easy, add a few scoops of VEG+BLOOM plant nutrient powder into your final volume of water and feed. No more complicated feeding schedules!
RESULTS
VEG+BLOOM plant nutrient powder produces maximum growth with a focus on plant sugar production."

"SHINE (0-11-11) is the ultimate flowering phase additive containing phosourous compounds called phosphites.
BLOOM
By stimulating reproductive growth SHINE causes your flowers to swell and sweat.
FLOURISH
SHINE will push your plant to bloom as heavily as your environment will allow by supplying your it with an array of bio-stimulants."

Real Growers Recharge - "Complete Professional Strength Living Soil Super pack with Both Beneficial Bacteria and Mycorrrhizae & Trichoderma fungi.
Over 400 Million Beneficial Bacteria Per Gram by Far The Strongest Soil Beneficial Bacteria Super pack Anywhere!
Safe For All Gardening Styles and Media: Hydroponics, Soil, Soilless mixes, Coco Coir, and all in ground Home and landscape plantings.
Concentrated. 1/2 Teaspoon per gallon is all you need.
Recharge is the most complete living soil Megapack on the market and designed for gardeners who want to make performance gardening simple. A True Professional Strength product that can be used on any plant in any soil type. Recharge is 100% Natural and Organically Based."

Xtreme Gardening Azos & MyKos - "Azos is an all-natural, growth promoting, Nitrogen fixing bacteria ideal for cloning and transplanting. Azos converts nitrogen into a usable form that is readily available to the plant. Nitrogen is critical for forming vegetative matter and supporting abundant growth. Azos promotes growth, while boosting natural root development."

"Mykos mycorrhizae is a natural and organic species of beneficial soil fungi that creates a "sponge-like" mass which collects and stores nutrients and water, increasing the uptake of both. This single species of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi contains only Rhizophagus intraradices, formally known as Glomus intraradices. Mykos does not contain any other microbes such as trichoderma or ecto-mycorrhizae. "

General Hydroponics PH Kit

Media / Size of Container
Grodan Rockwool Gro Cubes / Mini Gro Cubes (Hydro)

2x2 starter cubes (seed/early veg) -→ 4x4 Gro cube (Veg) -→ 6x6 Gro cube --> 5 Gal Nursery pot (final container)

Lights
4x Mars Hydro Reflector Series 96 for flower - 190 Watts Actual draw x4 = 760 Watts - 4x4 space = 16 sq ft.
This comes out to 47.5 watts per square foot in flower.
2x 4 Ft 8 bulb T5 Units for veg

Miscellaneous

The FloraFlex Floracap 4" x 8
The FloraFlex Floracap 6" x 2
Apollo Horticulture Grow Light Rope Hanger 1/8" with metal gears x6
Enover 7 day programmable digital Timer X3
Velcro brand ½" adjustable plant ties
Gro Pro injection molded nursery pot 5 Gallon x5
AcuRite Indoor Temperature and Humidity Monitor x2
Active Air Stainless steel duct clamp 6" pack of 2
Ventech 6" Aluminum Duct for ventilation ducting
HM digital TDS/PPM meter
Dr. Meter Digital PH meter
Clonex Rooting Gel
Apec Water 5 stage reverse osmosis unit
4' Bamboo garden stakes
8 inch planter pots x4
Jewelry eye loupe magnifier 30x 60x
Boveda large humidipak 62% 6 pack
Glass Mason Jars
Green thumb Pro 2 pack Pruning Sheers

11/11 Was Day 1 for the Sour Tangie

DSC_087510.JPG
20161112_004547.jpg

re: ZoGrows - Sour Tangie - MarsHydro Reflector 96 LED - Veg & Bloom

I just picked up some recharge yesterday. Sounds like a great product. So well see if it helps out my girls.

Watching this to see how yours turn out.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Subbed in for this grow as well! Sour Tangie sounds amazing!

Thanks for subbing in and yes it does sound amazing, I can't wait to see what she(hopeful) produces.

Thanks for subbing in and yes it does sound amazing, I can't wait to see what she(hopeful) produces.

Sounds like a very fun plant to grow, might be on a seed order here in the near future!

Before this journal gets started though i want to clear up a little bit of confusion. DNA Genetics has a "Sour Tangie" and a "Crockett's Sour Tangie" the same way they have a "Tangie" and a "Crockett's Tangie", upon research i have discovered Crockett Family Farms works with DNA and Crockett introduced the "Tangie" and "Sour Tangie" strain a few years ago with the Original "Crockett's Tangie genetics labeled as Cali-O x Skunk x Crockett's selection , DNA now list "tangie" genetics on their site with the description as

"Clone Only x Crockett's Selection
DNA has done it again! Just when you thought it was only KUSH and Kush crosses DNA brings The Tangie (aka) (Tangerine Dream from 1995) She has been around for many years now, but for many more she was hidden, until our good friend Crockett pulled her out of his closet to present us with it! The Genetics are Cali-o X Skunk Hybrid then selected to what we have now the Tangie, She grows nice and tall, has a good yield and easily will become your favourite!. She will continue vertical growth until the 5th week so be aware of your space. The Tangie produce very resinous flowers with an unbelievable aroma of citrus, tangerines!! Also she produces some of the best tasting concentrates on earth! Winning every contest she has been entered in 10 out of 10 contests in 8 months!!! Growing the Tangie outside is a must as she finishes late September early October with heavy yields and super sticky flowers. Tangie is also good to SCROG,SOG, she reacts well to topping or the FIM technique as this will produce more of a bush. For best tasting results grow the Tangie in soil."

the description for Crockett's Tangie on the website is

"Cali-O x Skunk
Tangie has been on the farm(the site doesnt say crockett but this is who they are referring to) for over a decade, its lineage dates back to the mid 90's. Easily one of the most fragrant flowers I have ever come across. Tastes and smells like the fruit!! Tangie has won over twenty awards in two years. Very reliable indoors and out. Expect big yield outdoors in mid October, and indoor 9-10 wks."

When it comes to Sour tangie, DNA list "Crockett's Sour Tangie" as "ECSD (East coast Sour Diesel) x Tangie - Crockett's Sour Tangie is a combination of the old and the new Tangie being a newer strain people are going crazy for and Sour Diesel an old school flavour of that sour funk people know and love! We pollinated our Sour Diesel with the world famous Tangie as the pollen donor. This cross works, what ever you love more Sour or Tangie you make the call this strain gives it all! Look for 2 pheno's, one more Tangie and one more Sour D but both will finish in 9+ weeks and grow tall! Sour Tangie will grow fast in the vegetate state and after flowering starts expect vertical stretching well into the 4th week. With amazing crystal production and a more AMAZING terpene profile, the Sour Tangie wins in all areas. The fast veg, big plants, solid long nugs, amazing crystal production, and the most insane smell will make Sour Tangie your soon favourite. Sour Tangie wins it all!"

on the same site, DNA lists "Sour Tangie" as "Sour Tangie is a combination of the old and the new. Tangie being a newer strain people are going crazy for, and Sour Diesel an old school flavor of that sour funk people know and love! We pollinated our Sour Diesel with the world famous Tangie as the pollen donor. This cross works, what ever you love more Sour or Tangie you make the call this strain gives it all! Look for 2 pheno's, one more Tangie and one more Sour D but both will finish in 9+ weeks and grow tall! Sour Tangie will grow fast in the vegetate state and after flowering starts expect vertical stretching well into the 4th week. With amazing crystal production and a more AMAZING terpene profile, the Sour Tangie wins in all areas. The fast veg, big plants, solid long nugs, amazing crystal production, and the most insane smell will make Sour Tangie your soon favorite. Sour Tangie wins it all!"

Copied and pasted! Ironic isn't it.. the knock offs (Sour Tangie) so to speak cost more than "Crockett's family farm Sour tangie"(the original breeder of tangie). the "Sour Tangie / DNA version" is listed as feminized but I'm guessing this is more of a watered down version of the original sour tangie and may not be as stable as the regular seeds. I also see it as somewhat of a marketing ploy to detach Crocketts name, label it as their own and get people to spend more money for the "Cup winner" status attached to the "Tangie" versus "Crockett's Tangie", just my thoughts though. I will be growing "Crockett's Sour Tangie"

I just picked up some recharge yesterday. Sounds like a great product. So well see if it helps out my girls.

Watching this to see how yours turn out.

Thanks for joining the show, I learned about recharge from "The Cap'n" and will never not use Recharge again, I started using recharge bennies on my 2nd grow about 2 weeks ago on 10/29 when i transplanted my Ak 48 plant to sit on top of these rockwool mini gro cubes. (I also use Xtreme gardening Azos & Mykos) but Recharge supposedly has everything these have.

10/29 (before i begin using recharge)

IMG_20161027_131609.jpg

(after using recharge every other grow - high application) Regular Nutrient Feed --> Only RO water 1/2 tsp Recharge per gallon --> Regular Nutrient Feed --> Recharge --> Regular

(the results 12 days later on 11/11 ) -
IMG_20161112_125449.jpg
IMG_20161112_125652.jpg

I now plan to reduce the feedings down to 1-2 times a week now that the i have a nice root mass, As im sure you know since you have a jar, on the instructions it says "it is compatibable with any fertilizer program. 100% natural formula and will not burn your plants at any strength", however i have been learning to accept the old growers adage that "less is more".

ZoGrows - Sour Tangie - MarsHydro Reflector 96 LED - Veg & Bloom

12 days you say. That's impressive. Very impressive. I was kinda skeptical about it at first. But the more I looked into what it was the more I saw the genius.

I've always gone by the adage less is more. And no one does it better then Mother Nature.

Looks to be a solid product that has been overlooked by many.

I'm also running a Mars hydro reflector series light. Just smaller than yours. .

Sounds like a very fun plant to grow, might be on a seed order here in the near future!

I have been away for a few days but i will definitely keep a detailed and well documented weekly journal on it for any interested viewers, lol its sad to say and i know its wrong to neglect your "children" but the upgrade in genetics from only nirvana to so many new options has me wanting to flip the Ak in about 2 weeks, the rest of the garden about a month later and get the perpetual cycle going giving most of my attention to making sure i get the entire environment dialed in early and produce a better structure than my current AK in less veg time, maybe the same size that it currently is in 35-40 days Veg time . I started the Ak48 in late July and for a while it was being neglected due to me finishing up my 1st grow, so it was in the tent 11 hours then only under a Cfl desk lamp for 7 more hours then into darkness to keep it from flowering until i got new lights. I believe it can be done considering since the beginning i have been considering my entire second grow more of a experiment than anything. This Sour Tangie grow will only be a combination of my tried and true methods from personal experience so things should go a lot quicker. By the way as stated above The "Crocketts" version is the Regular version and at GYO seedbank they are listed at $9.74/ single, $96/12-pack where as the DNA version of the "Feminized" Sour Tangie cost $18.29/ single, $58/3-pack and $104/6-pack so if you do decide on grabbing some beans i might suggest grabbing a few of each and see if the nearly double price tag is just re branding or if it is worth the price.

Re: ZoGrows - Sour Tangie - MarsHydro Reflector 96 LED - Veg & Bloom

12 days you say. That's impressive. Very impressive. I was kinda skeptical about it at first. But the more I looked into what it was the more I saw the genius.

I've always gone by the adage less is more. And no one does it better then Mother Nature.

Looks to be a solid product that has been overlooked by many.

I'm also running a Mars hydro reflector series light. Just smaller than yours. .

I agree and i just checked a few of your videos out on youtube, you've got a really nice micro grow going on. Keep it up

Week 1 Update -

The Sour Tangie is off to a good start. I'm not going to bore you guys with pics every 2-3 days at this stage, I will update weekly with everything that may have happened during that week. I plan to Veg 8-10 Weeks. Once flower begins i will then update more frequently, most likely every 3 days.

Day 7
IMG_20161118_184219.jpg

Happy Holidays friends!
Update - Week 2/3

Not very much to update Things are coming along nicely, i expect things to enter the rapid growth stage very soon.

The sour tangie was transplanted to a 4x4 Hugo Cube on Day 9
IMG_20161120_101304.jpg

IMG_20161120_114900.jpg

Day 17
IMG_20161129_104304.jpg

Nice setup see so many people using mars hydro lights i think i may invest! And sour tangie sounds like my kind of strain deffo be tagging alongJB

Thanks for joining the show, i Definitely am enjoying these lights, no complaints also smokesara helped me out with all of the questions i had. feel free to Message her with any questions or for a discount.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom