First DWC Grow - 2 Failures So Far

DrDeathArea51

420-magazine-mobile1611098511.jpg
Well. Im trying this out one more damn time.. if i fail again im just going potted soil.. so if anyone has pointers please feel free to help...

So far :
Strain: super lemon haze fem
PH is 5.8
147 PPM
Nutrients used: Bio Thrive, CaMg+, Bio Root,Black Diamond, Bio weed.
Temp. : 77.4F
RH: 23%

Fresh out germination on Dec. 4th.

Sent from my SPH-L600 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

600 watt HPS and MH bulbs.. just use one on veg. And other when ready for flower.

Pretty new to everything as well. I have enjoyed DWC and currently about to finish my 6th plant...starting to feel like I have the hang of it. Glad to watch and see how this goes. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sup doc so I've bin doing Dwc for 3 months now my first was a failure my hydrotin and rock-wool stayed to moist and rotted at base of plant I did no top feeding just made sure my water was to bottom of my net pot and the hydrotin wicked all the moister she needed I see she is pretty tall for her age maybe not enuf light or to far away I used a 2 ft t5 for the first 3 node sets then I juiced her and hit her with my 300 watt led all is going swell hade a little root issues in beginning so I'm using great white now and all general hydroponics with Calmag and ro water my girl is about 6 weeks old
420-magazine-mobile1746636127.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1060145009.jpg

How's the rest of your set up look I'm no pro but I've read and talked till I think I have enuf info to make it grate there is a lot of knowledge on here about Dwc just look around and there will b answers everywhere

Sup doc so I've bin doing Dwc for 3 months now my first was a failure my hydrotin and rock-wool stayed to moist and rotted at base of plant I did no top feeding just made sure my water was to bottom of my net pot and the hydrotin wicked all the moister she needed I see she is pretty tall for her age maybe not enuf light or to far away I used a 2 ft t5 for the first 3 node sets then I juiced her and hit her with my 300 watt led all is going swell hade a little root issues in beginning so I'm using great white now and all general hydroponics with Calmag and ro water my girl is about 6 weeks old
420-magazine-mobile1746636127.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1060145009.jpg

It was in rockwool for germination, the height started from just poking out rockwool to that height in 48 hours.. i thought it was pretty good, but again, its early to tell... and i did make that mistake of the rockwool being planted in the rocks and basicly drowned the poor plant.. im just crossing my fingers and goping this one makes it.. damn seeds are not cheap anymore.. any help you or others can provide would be awesome ;)

Pretty new to everything as well. I have enjoyed DWC and currently about to finish my 6th plant...starting to feel like I have the hang of it. Glad to watch and see how this goes. Good luck

Thank you.. i hope it goes as well as yours did

420-magazine-mobile117497662.jpg

420-magazine-mobile280260829.jpg

My LSD, she is flushing currently and getting cut on Thursday....
420-magazine-mobile1515021297.jpg

This blue dream is ridiculous...out grew the 6.5ft, she has lots of weight on her. DWC all the way

My self I dident use any nutrition till she showed 3 true leaves then I gave it 1/4 of general hydroponics rec dosage with rapid rooter also that really helped her start off on the right foot also I dident put in Dwc until I could see roots from the botom or the rockwool I left her in a plastic baggy on a seed warmer tray with a light over it. My seedling never got that tall by time she was tall like that I hade 5 leaves going but also mine r auto flower

Hey DrDeath, just from the pic it looks like theres not enough light and thats why she shot up so tall. Mine usually start out with at least 300w led 24" from the top of the plant. Let us know how it goes with your little one.

Sent from my iPad using 420

My self I dident use any nutrition till she showed 3 true leaves then I gave it 1/4 of general hydroponics rec dosage with rapid rooter also that really helped her start off on the right foot also I dident put in Dwc until I could see roots from the botom or the rockwool I left her in a plastic baggy on a seed warmer tray with a light over it. My seedling never got that tall by time she was tall like that I hade 5 leaves going but also mine r auto flower

There was a 1/2 inch root out the bottom of the rockwool when i took it out and put in rock.

Hey DrDeath, just from the pic it looks like theres not enough light and thats why she shot up so tall. Mine usually start out with at least 300w led 24" from the top of the plant. Let us know how it goes with your little one.

Yes.. i has it in the germination box from seed to yesterday. This first day in the DWC. I have 600 watt MH bulb going at her. What your recommendation for light cycle?

Thank you guys for your input. How often have you had to check and adjust PH? Im finding im having to adjust twice so far on same water..

I use a 10 gallon res and top feed, i add fresh water to the nutrient solution every 3 days right now. The PH will go from around 5.7 or so up to 6.1-6.2 i add a little ph down and im right back in the sweet zone.

I use a 10 gallon res and top feed, i add fresh water to the nutrient solution every 3 days right now. The PH will go from around 5.7 or so up to 6.1-6.2 i add a little ph down and im right back in the sweet zone.

I buy water from store.. its cheap and well water that my house runs off will not do.. i have a hard time keeping PH below 6.2

I check the plants daily, but I enjoy the time. Basically am/pm ph check but have no problem leaving them for days if needed. I also use water from the store. Pretty stable stuff.

Back
Top Bottom