First Grow Ever - Comments & Suggestions Welcome For Noob

Unknowndank

Howdy all im back on an update of day 47 for my 5 larger females. I have them under 150w hps and 250w cfl for 18/6 since seeded. The temperature during the 18hrs of light is around 82 and during the 6hrs of hardness gets down to 75. The RH is pretty consistent between 40-55% depending on watering day. Im using 5ml of sensigrow A and B and about 3 drops of SUPERthrive per gallon once a week. Im watering every 2-3 days depending on weight of pots.

Within the last 2-3 days 9 out of the 12 popped female and 3 are still unknown ( I already took out males). Im wondering based on the hairs and the sudden burst of preflower indicate that I should transition them into flower. Ive heard you can keep a plant in veg for as long as you want BUT im wondering if my girls are still in veg or are they transitioning themselves into flower? This is my first grow so getting this far with these results puts a smile on my face yet questions in my peanut.

All comments/suggestions are HIGHLY valued. Much love
pic416.jpg
pic327.jpg
pic237.jpg
pic139.jpg
:thanks:

re: First Grow Ever - Comments & Suggestions Needed For Noob

Your plants can stay in the vegitative stage indefinitely. Its up to you when to switch the lights to12/12 and put them in flower. The bigger the plants the bigger the yields. Be careful though they can get 2 to 3 times bigger in flowering and quickly out grow their tent space. I almost had that happen to me. Best of luck and happy growing.

Are these autos? What strain are you growing? It's very common for a photo plant to show sex after 30+ days in veg by throwing out a couple pistils but your plants are starting to show actually bud sites under 18/6 so I'm curious.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The larger pots are og cherry pie and unknown. The smaller plants in the clear cups are platinum og and unknown. By unknown I mean they came from a bag of good unknown high-mids. Not too sure if they are autos or not but since they are showing buds already makes me wonder. I think I will go 18-6, 16-8, 14-10, 12-12 as a transition starting tonight. I also bought some Sensi Bloom ph perfect since I used sensi grow ph perfect in veg. This coming week I will be getting an additional 400w hps as I just put duct ventilation (hurricane 6" exhaust) in thru to my attic attic. This being my first personnel medical grow im not sure how they are looking compared to how they could be looking. More comments and suggestions well respected. :thanks:

Nice plants you got there my friend, all look nice and healthy.

Sent from my LG-D321 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The larger pots are og cherry pie and unknown. The smaller plants in the clear cups are platinum og and unknown. By unknown I mean they came from a bag of good unknown high-mids. Not too sure if they are autos or not but since they are showing buds already makes me wonder. I think I will go 18-6, 16-8, 14-10, 12-12 as a transition starting tonight. I also bought some Sensi Bloom ph perfect since I used sensi grow ph perfect in veg. This coming week I will be getting an additional 400w hps as I just put duct ventilation (hurricane 6" exhaust) in thru to my attic attic. This being my first personnel medical grow im not sure how they are looking compared to how they could be looking. More comments and suggestions well respected. :thanks:

Your plant look healthy so your doing a great job. Make sure you have fresh air blowing into your space since you'll have an exhaust. The one thing I would suggest to you is to place those clear cups into red solo cups or maybe wrap some tape around them. Roots don't like direct light.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

re: First Grow Ever - Comments & Suggestions Welcome For Noob

420-magazine-mobile1051320828.jpg

Yeah your just seeing the bud sites, when you do switch that is where the white hairs and budlets will form. You can train it to have an even canopy of budsites for when you switch.
The bud sites have a ton of white hairs(females) coming out from each node now, can I still keep them in veg or is this a sign they need to go into flowering asap?

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

welcome Unknowndank. Nice plants. you should be able to keep them growing as the the 18/6 cycle has not changed. Also those bigger plants could be put into flower. depends on your plans. regards

As long as they're not autos then you can keep them in veg as long as you want.

People keep their mother plants in veg for years, its all about the light schedule. Anything less then 12 hours of darkness will keep it in veg.

The glr is 12 on, 5 1/2 off, 1 hour on and then 5 1/2 off. The 1 hour interruption of the 12 hours of dark keeps them in veg.

If its an auto it is on a set timetable and will flower with any light schedule at a certain age. :passitleft:

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom