Monsignor's Laboratory Of Cannabis Madness

MANY TRUNKS

I've been researching and practicing espalier and grafting at different levels for years and have been wanting to create this living fence row for a while. This was the inspiration for my Many Trunks experiment.

420-magazine-mobile1663852633.jpg

I trimmed the top three or four node's fan leaves and scraped off some of the skin between them and applied CloneX liberally then buried and tied to a stake to keep it down until rooted.

This is just my Blue Dream mother in a 20 gallon smart pot of ProMix. I'm going to keep bending and burying branches until the pot's surface is completely covered like a forest floor of vines. At this point we'll give her two or three weeks of vertical growth and then flip. I think she'll CHUG nutes with that kind of root and vascular system. I may be able to really push the concentration and grow some buds that just drip. Who knows!?!?

420-magazine-mobile1500598701.jpg

420-magazine-mobile422708734.jpg

Interesting stuff!! I will definitely tag along on this one. So basically where u topped it u put clone jel? And starting a second set of rots their?
Looks like a great idea!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Interesting stuff!! I will definitely tag along on this one. So basically where u topped it u put clone jel? And starting a second set of rots their?
Looks like a great idea!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App
It was just clone I purposely stretched out. Then, while uppotting, I cut off the top three or four fan leaves, scraped it up, applied clone gel, bent her over, and planted the tip, too.

Before:

420-magazine-mobile1928271249.jpg

Interesting concept. Will follow your experiments.

Interesting concept. Will follow your experiments.

Thanks a lot, DeVille and everyone else. I'm going to dig down a little tonight and see if any little roots are popping yet. I'm guessing it will take a lot longer than in water. It's probably pointless, but still some fun with a plant that's just a mother. I actually don't need a mother because I will clone the plants for the next grow at 29 days of flower but it's kept separate so I don't lose my genetics if an entire crop has to be pitched in a worse case scenario.

I'm building rigs for 20 gallon, single (to 3) plant 2'x2' portable SOG's for my next grow. I'll share that soon.

And to come, also is my HPS portable and self containing automated vertical grow cabinets. That's my BIG engineering project to come. By this time next year I will have a prototype built by this time next year for sure. I'll be doing it all on here and I hope y'all enjoy.

I'm also building a drift boat at the same time so that (and $$$) is the only limiting factor containing the madness within!!!

Did you ever try air-layering cannabis? Tried it once but failed. May try again if my clones don't survive. I put some info about the concept in my blog

Thanks a lot, DeVille and everyone else. I'm going to dig down a little tonight and see if any little roots are popping yet. I'm guessing it will take a lot longer than in water. It's probably pointless, but still some fun with a plant that's just a mother. I actually don't need a mother because I will clone the plants for the next grow at 29 days of flower but it's kept separate so I don't lose my genetics if an entire crop has to be pitched in a worse case scenario.

I'm building rigs for 20 gallon, single (to 3) plant 2'x2' portable SOG's for my next grow. I'll share that soon.

And to come, also is my HPS portable and self containing automated vertical grow cabinets. That's my BIG engineering project to come. By this time next year I will have a prototype built by this time next year for sure. I'll be doing it all on here and I hope y'all enjoy.

I'm also building a drift boat at the same time so that (and $$$) is the only limiting factor containing the madness within!!!

No I haven't! Seems like a possible way to deal with the rooting and LST into the 'n' shape all at the same time if you did it to the top (instead of burying right a way). I'll give it a shot on the next ones. I'll just put a rapid rooter right over the neatly trimmed and scarred up top.

this looks interesting
I'll subscribe
i remember old stories of grafting flowers onto hop vines, as the nutrients were like fire-hosed into the flower
this kinda reminds me of that

Cool. I will try it later during my 10 plant grow if I fail yet another time on cloning.

No I haven't! Seems like a possible way to deal with the rooting and LST into the 'n' shape all at the same time if you did it to the top (instead of burying right a way). I'll give it a shot on the next ones. I'll just put a rapid rooter right over the neatly trimmed and scarred up top.

So I dug it up carefully and found two sets of little purple roots. I decided that it would be beneficial to be able to keep an eye on its progress so I did the air-layering.

420-magazine-mobile727036606.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1026108031.jpg

420-magazine-mobile81525427.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1981550119.jpg

Also here is an early prototype of my single plant SCRoG. The new ones are going to be sick.

420-magazine-mobile672780037.jpg

Back
Top Bottom