Back Room Special Part 2 - Errr 3!

OregonGrown79

Well, here we go again!!! Actually, it has been going for about 9 weeks already! I figured I would put all the boring stuff up in one post so you don't have to sort through all the semi-worthless stuff!!! I say "semi-worthless" because there really wasn't much interesting happening the first part of this grow.

Lets get down to the brass tax shall we! So, equipment wise I am running the same Mars2 400 watt LED from the last auto run I did. It performs well in the 2x2x5' tent I currently have in operation. I was able to run 2 auto's in there and figured I could do the same with photo plants. This is my first "full" inside run with photos, my first got put outside when it got sunny here last summer! Let me say, veg time can kill you on the size of your plant!!!(more on that in a minute!!) :thedoubletake:

The strain is CannaVenture Pure Raspberry Kush Fem. I have heard mixed reviews online about CV seeds, so far I am impressed!! Very strong strain so far and every bit as fruity and frosty as they advertise!!!

Temp and RH in the tent are around 65 degrees at night with a 45% RH reading depending on when they got watered. During the day we have 74 degrees and about 45% Rh, again depending on the watering cycle. I have no intake or exhaust fan running but do have the passive intakes on the bottom and the vents on the top open. I don't worry about my house smelling so carbon filters are not a necessity! I do realize the importance of intake and exhaust but I seem to be doing ok without it so far!

I am using the same House-Garden soil nutes from the last run as they served me well. I supplement with Cal/Mag and when in flower I throw some MOAB in there too. I always ph my water to 6.5 with a Hanna digital after nutes. Right now both girls are splitting 2 gallons of water juiced with 36ml of house garden, 12ml of cal/mag and 2 tsps of MOAB. Big girl is in an 8 gallon fabric pot and Georgina Cloney is in a 1 gallon fabric pot. Also, since I don't have a RO system and really don't feel like buying gallons of distilled water at a time I just leave the tops off tap water for a couple days! It works for me! I don't have a PPM meter, I just SLOWLY increase the feed until I see the tips browning and then leave it there! So far I haven't had a lock out, salt build up or any other nute related problem. Knock on wood for me there!!

I have never cloned a plant before so I figured I would give it a try this time.(Beans are expensive!!!) She took with minimal effort and started thriving!! I wish I had take the clone earlier and kept both plants smaller but you live and learn!! I used the tried and true dip-n-grow with a zip lock bag for a humidity dome for the first week!! Don't need no areo cloner!!

So we are at day 31 of flower today and both girls are ICED up!! I can not believe the amount of trichomes already showing on not just the buds but the leaves as well. Its CRAZY!!! The advertised flower time is 10 weeks so I am almost half way there. I imagine they can go a little longer, but I will be checking the trichs at around week 8 for that sought after amber!!

So without further a do, here is the good stuff! The pics! Each will have a caption above them!

From Seed, about 3 weeks before I cut Georgina Cloney!
before_topping1.jpg

The start of Training, actually its about 2 weeks of training after topping/cloning!
Tied_Down_in_training.jpg

more training!
20161127_114505.jpg

The girls pre-flower
mom_and_georgina.jpg

First couple days of 12/12
raspberry_kush1.jpg

The stretch, it lasted longer than I had imagined! Should have started flower earlier!!!
flower_stretch.jpg

Still_stretching.jpg

Finally stopped stretching!! Good thing I was running out of vertical space and was considering some super cropping!!
finally_stopped_the_stretch.jpg

Now they are both stacking good, frosty buds that wreak of fresh cut raspberries! My house smells amazing!!!
1-4-17_RK_2.jpg

Close up!!
1-4-17_RK_3.jpg

raspberry_kush_close_up1.jpg

And a final shot last night before lights out and after feeding!
1-4-16_RK.jpg

I "trimmed" some of the big fan leaves off of Georgina last night to see how this strain reacts to thinning. Her pistols are starting to turn brown today. I am going to hold off and look in the morning before I decide whether or not to "trim" the big girls fan leaves. I didn't defol real heavy, just leaves that were blocking bud sites. I am not sure if Georgina liked it, I am gonna keep tabs on her for tomorrow and if she seems ok I am gonna start chopping big girl!! I really want a good yield this round, 4-6 zips would make me happy dried!

More about the defol!! I am really looking for input on this! I want a good yield but don't really want to sacrifice quality at that expense!! Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think! I will be updating this at least once but more likely twice a week till harvest. Let me know if you have any questions or comments, I take this pretty seriously! Oh, I also have a new tent for the next run!! Its a 2x4x5' and I plan on using my current 2x2x5 for a mom tent with 2 bonsai moms. I plan on running 2- Mars2 400 in the 2x4x5 tent and a reflector48 for the mom tent and clones. I hope to have the new lights in a week or two, don't wanna spend savings on lights!!!

OG79

They are on day 33 today. I really hope they start filling out soon. The main colas are still pretty small, I know a lot of fattening up happens late but it seems like they have stalled a bit! My last auto run I got 4 oz off 2 plants that were not even close to this size. These have way more "tops" that are closer to the light so I am hoping for a good amount!!
OG79

Another update, since I am stuck inside thanks to freezing rain!!!
Not much has happened other than a massive defol yesterday. It opened up bud sites to more light so that is a good thing!!!
Here is the picture after a "heavy" trimming in my book!!
11-7-17_3.jpg

I did notice a little of what I think is bleaching on the tallest cola, not sure though!! What do you all think?
20170107_092028.jpg

Everything else seems to be going great. Starting to really build buds and we are only 34 days in out of a potential 70 days. I am anticipating that they go a little longer which is fine by me! I love the way this strain smells and really look forward to getting the new tent going so I can flower a max number of legal plants here!!!
11-7-17_2.jpg

11-7-17.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!
OG79

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom