This is the 3rd day.
420-magazine-mobile1701020130.jpg

Clone.
Day3 in the ground.

This was the first day.
420-magazine-mobile566237074.jpg

This is the 3rd day.
420-magazine-mobile1701020130.jpg

I also grow outdoors over in the UK and I keep meaning to try a few autos straight into the ground. I generally use photoperiod seeds and grow in very large pots for ease and manageability but next year I'm most definitely trying some autos straight into the ground. Hopefully you get a quality yield mate :()

I dug about 4 feet down and around. Tilled it all up, added some stuff to the soil, i have a
sweat hose under the soil about 3 inches down in a spiral going to the center. I hope it dose good.

What are your experiences growing outdoors in the uk? Didnt think it was reall possible with our shitty weather

Oh it's most definitely possible but I actually use light deprivation techniques to force flower a bit earlier and it allows the buds to ripen in the hottest part of summer, a little early if you like. It also means I can grow 2 crops 3-4 weeks apart and get a second harvest. I only grow for personal medicinal use but I get some cracking sized plants and some really good quality bud and good yields, pot/container size is important in terms of final yield also. The myth weed won't grow in the uk is exactly that, a myth, if you put the time and effort in you can grow with amazing results here. I'll be starting a journal soon I'm working on it as we speak, that will document my whole process mate.

I dug about 4 feet down and around. Tilled it all up, added some stuff to the soil, i have a
sweat hose under the soil about 3 inches down in a spiral going to the center. I hope it dose good.

All you can do is sit back and wait and be sure to protect the buds from heavy rainfall when deep into flowering. Keep those thick colas dry throughout and she will reward you for sure. I learnt the hard way growing outdoors. Water to roots = happy plant, water to thick buds = bud rot lol. I protect flowering outdoor plants from rain at all costs, especially the less mould resistant strains. I can't wait to see how this progresses for you.

All you can do is sit back and wait and be sure to protect the buds from heavy rainfall when deep into flowering. Keep those thick colas dry throughout and she will reward you for sure. I learnt the hard way growing outdoors. Water to roots = happy plant, water to thick buds = bud rot lol. I protect flowering outdoor plants from rain at all costs, especially the less mould resistant strains. I can't wait to see how this progresses for you.
I have grown outdoor once befor. This it just a, if it gose it gose kinda thing. Me and my sister are moving closer to our family in Ontario. Will be alot better when we get things rolling. Ya I have learnd from experience to shake all the bugs good to get all the water off. Of a leaf blower works great.

Oh it's most definitely possible but I actually use light deprivation techniques to force flower a bit earlier and it allows the buds to ripen in the hottest part of summer, a little early if you like. It also means I can grow 2 crops 3-4 weeks apart and get a second harvest. I only grow for personal medicinal use but I get some cracking sized plants and some really good quality bud and good yields, pot/container size is important in terms of final yield also. The myth weed won't grow in the uk is exactly that, a myth, if you put the time and effort in you can grow with amazing results here. I'll be starting a journal soon I'm working on it as we speak, that will document my whole process mate.

Ill be sure to tag along. If i could just see some decent results id do it, might try a guerrilla somewhere!

KushGod could you explain the light deprivation technique. If I take an outside growing potted plant and put it in a dark tent for twelve hours and then return it outside during the day for two weeks will it start flowering. After that if I just leave it outside will it continue to flower? Any information will be much appreciated. Plants in question pictured.
IMG_133134.JPG

KushGod could you explain the light deprivation technique. If I take an outside growing potted plant and put it in a dark tent for twelve hours and then return it outside during the day for two weeks will it start flowering. After that if I just leave it outside will it continue to flower? Any information will be much appreciated. Plants in question pictured.
IMG_133134.JPG
Will need a constant 12/12 you will have to bring it in every day for 12 hours of dark then oit for 12 of sunlight from start to finish.

IMG_133134.JPG

That's exactly it. When I decide to begin to force flower I simply move every plant into a blacked out Aluminium shed, I've installed 2 fans and ventilation for fresh air flow and intake/outtake at minimal cost. I simply move the plants in between 7pm-8pm and take them out exactly 12 hours later and place them in the morning sun. I move them around all day to follow the sun as it moves in the sky meaning they always sit in the sun when it's out shining, then around 7pm-8pm I move them back to the flowering shed for another 12 hour night. You simply repeat this until around august when the natural flower cycle is in full swing and natural daylight is down to around 12 hours and then you can either stop doing it and leave them outside to carry on flowering naturally or continue the blackout process, it's entirely up to you. You only really need to use light deprivation up to late July/early august then nature will take over from there. It can give you up to 8 weeks more flowering time for Sativa heavy strains, I even start indica heavy strains this way. Trust me, try it once with just one plant if you are unsure, I promise you'll be happy with the end product. You will get solid fully ripened buds not loose leafy late uk summer buds .

KushGod, thank you very much for your reply and the detailed explanation I very much appreciate it. I'm at 42 degrees N and you are I assume closer to 52 so my twelve hour days won't occur until September, I use a website called timeanddate.com which has quite a bit of good information if anyone is interested. I will try and let you know how things work out. Again thanks very much.

Back
Top Bottom