Tunkers Seedsman Neville's Haze - Refrigerated

Tunkers

Well hello there.

Howdy.

G'day!

If you haven't seen my grow setup I'm not going to lay it out too much in intros. I will instead share a link to current journal which gives a run down.

Tunkers Trifling - LPA - DWC - LED - KFC

Onto this grow:

What strain is it?

Seedsman Neville's Haze feminised. Was gifted to me in labeled sappy from Seedsman so should be legit.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

90% Sativa. Should be fun to contain in the fridge.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?

Juuuust starting veg now

If in Veg... For how long?

2 whole days..

Indoor or outdoor?

Indoor. Inside fridge.

Soil or Hydro?

Hydro. So far it's low pressure aero bucket as a seedling and then growing into DWC ie when it reaches water level in bucket. Although I am currently testing a mister / fogger on some strawberries that I may use instead of aero.

Size of light?

300W shitty Chinese eBay LED UFO for veg.

Same solid provider of 1000W LED for flower.

Is it aircooled?

Yeah? They have fans on top of them?

Temp of Room/cab?

Fridge is set to 24C via thermostat. Stays there most the day and drops slightly lights off

RH of Room/cab?

Varies between 40-60% depending on whether fridge is running or not.

PH of media or res?

Peat was soaked in 6.3ph water. Hydro will be more about 5.6

Any Pests ?

Only Scrogdawg lol.. had to stick that in there..

Seriously though the fridge keeps everything out except mould or algae etc

How often are you watering?

Planted seed Monday. Used a spray bottle with pHed water to moisten the sides of peat Thursday as it was VERY dry and then did the same today but with a mix of Z7 and a pinch of veg nutes.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Once in the bucket I will be using same as current grow. GT Optimum 2 part grow / Flairforms CMX / Z7 / H & G Drip clean

Here's photos from it's first week.

420-magazine-mobile405744512.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1099598413.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1248821124.jpg

420-magazine-mobile964455328.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1196858405.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1014761265.jpg

I'll have to get me one of those igloos perhaps..

I'm actually excited about trying to keep the sativa from bursting out the fridge lol

I have to sit in on this one... I'd like to try a Sativa as well but haven't seen anything that would stay contained! I'll take some good notes!

I'm excited to see how this turns out. I've got some blue dream seeds I started growing from seedsman my self! Kinda new here if you have any advice would love to hear
Thanks odderpops! Have any questions ask away mate! Scroggo is pretty handy and pops his head in here and BF is a grow wizard who also has subbed. You got your own journal started? I'll sub up if so. Good way to get constant feedback and help .

Week 2

I've been using an app to keep track of the days so I'll be lazy and paste a screeny. Gonna be patient and wait for more roots still before transferring to hydro. Still not sure whether to try out the fogger or go with LPA again. Would hate for the fogger to be a mother fogger and kill young Nev here

420-magazine-mobile1720946472.jpg

420-magazine-mobile969037448.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1004279641.jpg

420-magazine-mobile81241384.jpg

420-magazine-mobile705670967.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1612815780.jpg

420-magazine-mobile513927437.jpg

420-magazine-mobile162046514.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1990545701.jpg

Saturday is today in Australia land for anyone who is not amazing.

I used to grow Neville's Haze, but it was from the original breeder. I wonder how close the Seedsman version is? The mothers that I kept had some wickedly long internodal spacing in the classic sativa fashion, even the "quicker" flowering one (it only took about 16 weeks, lol). And I think I could have parked my grow room inside the orbit of Mercury and the plants would still have been wondering why I was skimping on the lighting :rolleyes3 . IIRC, the buds didn't seem all that dense even at almost 75 watts per square foot of HPS. Great smoke, though, and well worth the wait (and the search for keepers). I really, really wish I had hung on to them...

BtW, how much airflow do you have moving through that refrigerator? Or are you running it sealed (perhaps with supplemental CO₂?) with periodic CO₂ replacement for the plant and O₂ replacement for its roots?

I used to grow Neville's Haze, but it was from the original breeder. I wonder how close the Seedsman version is? The mothers that I kept had some wickedly long internodal spacing in the classic sativa fashion, even the "quicker" flowering one (it only took about 16 weeks, lol). And I think I could have parked my grow room inside the orbit of Mercury and the plants would still have been wondering why I was skimping on the lighting :rolleyes3 . IIRC, the buds didn't seem all that dense even at almost 75 watts per square foot of HPS. Great smoke, though, and well worth the wait (and the search for keepers). I really, really wish I had hung on to them...

BtW, how much airflow do you have moving through that refrigerator? Or are you running it sealed (perhaps with supplemental CO₂?) with periodic CO₂ replacement for the plant and O₂ replacement for its roots?
Thanks for stopping in TS! Good info to have on the Neville's. Haven't looked too much into the strain as it was gifted to me. I'm not in it for quantity so the sounds of a nice smoke is better news to me anyway .

I do supplement co2 using sugar fermenting. It was working alot better in summer though, I can't seem to keep the same temps for prolonging the ppms that I want. Airstones supplement enough oxygen in my opinion for the roots. Seems to work ok so far when I'm not destroying plants myself....

Before you say anything Scrogdawg, shut up lol

Nev didn't seem right. I expected more roots after this long and she drooped big time.

420-magazine-mobile1491323982.jpg

I've had to water the jiffy every day coz it gets so dry so I guess underwatering but decided I'd just get her into the fogger now before she karks it. When I tapped the peat out there was fuck all roots so there was definitely something wrong.

420-magazine-mobile1130244962.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1443234325.jpg

Filled bucket just under halfway and put a splash of Z7, a pinch of drip clean and .5ml of GT Optimum grow a & b. pH is 5.9 ppm is somewhere under 200. Guessing 100-150 ( my meter doesn't gauge until 200...)

420-magazine-mobile2131991606.jpg

So it's day one with the fog blowing up it's butt. Fuck I hope it works well.

420-magazine-mobile1822951371.jpg

Hey, what is the temperature of that fog? Does the pump heat the nutrient solution up significantly?

Hey, what is the temperature of that fog? Does the pump heat the nutrient solution up significantly?
I did a test run outside when I first got it and it did heat up the water heaps when left on constantly. I have it on a timer to only mist 15 mins every hour which keeps the temp normal. Plus having the res in a fridge helps.. as to the temperature of the actual fog itself I'm not too sure. It's not cold. Not hot like steam though. Lukish

Back
Top Bottom