5th Grow - 1st Journal - 6 Strains - 8 Plants - Coco - LED - HPS - SCROG!

Gehg

Wassup 420 mag, long time reader but first journal for me!

I currently have 3 autos that are the last of my last 9 auto run. They are being flushed and will be taken down in the next few days.

New in my room is

3 Girl Scout cookies - Feminised
1 Honey Suckle - feminised
1 Ice Breaker - Feminised
1 Purple Skunk Mass - Feminised
1 Heisenberg Special - Mephisto Auto
1 Sour Bubbly - Mephisto Auto

Powered by

Mars hydro 600w
600w Hps
4inch intake
6 inch out through Carbon filter
5inch clip on fan

I wanted to change my nutrients to have more of a manual control over NPK but still have enough to do one more run and I hate wasting so I will be feeding the full range from
Canna Coco. Nothing special on the schedule just Dialing back on their recommended amounts and reading the plant!
My last 2 grows went well with these nutes but I messed up somewhere with both coupled with the heat stress it affected my yield quite a bit. On that note A/C unit will arrive in the next couple of days! :)

All photo seeds are above ground as of today so I'm counting this as day 1 for them. It's day 4 for the autos.

I would like to scrog the photos as it is something I have never done before but we will see as time goes on. I will definitely be topping and training.

There are 3 more autos in tiny cups that where freebies from Mephisto, I'm going to grow them a bit in here and then plant them outside when I see fit!

Please excuse the poor mobile photo, I am on my way out and will take the camera up when I check on them later!!

420-magazine-mobile1949125972.jpg

Looking good buddy ..
What are the autos you have running at the moment? Is that one at the back topped? Love the GSCs, they flower very nice, which breeder you go with?
Here for the journey man, nice and early by the looks of it ✌️

Feel free to check out my journals, topping and SCROG mishaps and success on a WW and a current solo cup / autos grow off!

Cheers Grim!
Topped at the back is NYC diesel from Advanced, second round growing this plant and it's not given me a single issue, I would recommend for first time growers for sure!

Middle plant is a 3bear OG from Mephisto, chopped its bigger counterpart yesterday! Some seriously stinky and dense buds!!

Closest to us is a Heisenberg Special from Mephisto, not the biggest of buds but hellava pungent when you get close and its size is probably due to my errors rather than the plant!! .have just planted another one of these with the aim to get it much better, !

The GSC seeds where actually an error, I ordered some auto GSC from Gorilla and the sent me these 3 from Feminised seed company by mistake, then posted the correct ones and when offering to post Back they said keep them!?!
In fact all my photo seeds are freebies I have received from Gorilla one way or another!
Too notch and always pleasant to speak to!!

I've had the freebies banked for 3 grows and as I feel I'm done with autos for a want of More control of the size and shape!

In the past week I've taken down These autos

Fast Buds-
Pineapple Express
Lsd25

Mephisto -
Cush freebie x 2
3bear OG
Sour Bubbly

Not the greatest of yields so far but yet to take a dry weight from any, some in jars some hanging, will update shortly!!

Thanks for stopping by and the heads up G, I'll pass on through now for a read!

420-magazine-mobile391665898.jpg

Today is day 19 for the Sour Bubbly and Heisenberg Special from Mephisto Genetics

I haven't really touched the Heisenberg Special as it's a bit of a crazy plant, odd shaped leaves and general shape! I'll grab a photo when my cam recharges!

The Sour Bubbly on the other hand I am experimenting with some training techniques.

I plan to Scrog the 6 Feminised but have little experience training so practising on the Sour Bubbly

I have also super cropped the upper two branches.

420-magazine-mobile862432949.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1664158719.jpg

It is day 16 for the 6 fem photo seeds and I have topped two of them at the 5th Node. Just waiting for the rest to catch up then I will be topping.

I am trying some ponytail training as well before they go under the screen

420-magazine-mobile869455241.jpg

So I bought an A/C and the thing is pretty naff. $250 spent and it's keeping my room at 28c on a cool day..... gonna send it back and I am investing in a cool tube lighting system on Monday and see what that does!

Here's a shot of what I'm currently running.
420-magazine-mobile653876132.jpg

600w hps
1000w mars hydro (no idea what real wattage is, this was a gift from a friend)

4 inch intake from outside.
And 6 inch outake through a carbon filter.
I have a 2amp variac speed controller that I have wired both into and the size difference maintains negative pressure keeping the stank contained!

I messed up with my NYC diesel plant and it got a bit mouldy on the bigger nugs... unfortunately under further investigation most of the buds where affected... :( trying what I can to solve it and have got rid of the 2 nasty ones! Gonna turn the rest into oil I think!

On the bright side today was 3 weeks since I cut the Sour Bubbly and 3bears OG and this morning was the wake n bake from heaven.

3 bears og was very fruity but the plant wasn't the best due to heat and my errors so I feel it could of been better but a nice high and long lasting!

Sour Bubbly..... this is definitely the best weed I have grown. Not a great yield due to the heat issues but the densest nugs I have had and The smell is unreal!!! Especially when you light up! It's a Taste sensation and a real giggly high that made watching a few repeat episode of rick and morty even better!!!

Got the better of my 3bears OG ready next Saturday so looking forward to that!
Heisenberg Special is also going to be ready the same day and I have a feeling
That one is gonna be a tasty treat!

Ok so I know it's been a while since I have posted but I have been very busy getting everything dialled in just the way I want it! I have now chopped all my autos been smoking them and they've not been bad but I know the photos are gonna make a real difference.
curing my last two autos now and it'll be 2 weeks since chop, 5 days hanging the rest in a jar with 62% humidity bags

They where fun and I learnt a lot but glad I've moved to photos now just for effort. I wanted bigger plants and I'm so happy I've changed!

It's been so much fun vegging these bad boys for 10 weeks. Training them has been tricky but fun! I've definitely got myself in the zone building some garden essentials!! :)
Flipped them a week a go and fingers crossed they're gonna boom! :)
I built a 5ft by 5ft scrog net from some 1.5" wood and some string! Nice easy build and cost about $13.
I was supposed to have 6 plants but one turned out to be an auto... it was a free seed so never mind.
I also built a dripper system with a 40l res for about $40-50. It feeds them twice a day half a litre a time. Pump time is 4 minutes. Once 2 hours after lights on and once at one hour before lights out but now it's 5 hours after lights out. I will prob change it to match the 12-12 lights!
I will take some photos of the flowering room tomorrow! Couldn't make it back in time before lights out. Got to clean and change the res so will snap then!!!

My veg room has taken a bit of a turn as well. I took 17 cuttings from my Girl Scout cookies and put them in pre soaked Rockwell cubes. I also got an aeroponic prop and then took a further 20. I really like how they've grown and I'd like to pick the best few and keep it a little longer. A friend is after a few as well!! It's a tasty strain! :)
420-magazine-mobile1027947938.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1152412547.jpg
420-magazine-mobile561124106.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1362105476.jpg

A few of the first cuttings rooted today so I transferred them to larger Rockwell cubes and popped them in a home made prop!
And I have also planted 6 seeds.

From Barneys

An 8%cbd strain
Peyote cookies
Pinapple kush
Cookies kush

1 x Humboldt Blue Dream
And a free Cinderella 99

They are going to veg whilst my others
Flower and jump straight in the flower room as the others leave! :) they're in smaller 8 litre pots!

Like I said I will update more tomorrow with main room photos! I'd really appreciate any advice! Feel like I'll never stop learning with this glorious plant!

Update on the other room
Day 9 of flower taken a couple of days ago

420-magazine-mobile228836589.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1756740776.jpg

420-magazine-mobile915944077.jpg

They stretch is reallllllllyyyyyyy kicking in now I've ran out of room to tuck and may have to raise my light but the pipe from my cool tube is insulated and taking up a lot of room. I have some none acoustic ducting but it's gonna be a challenge changing it over the net as there is very little room! :)

I cleaned out the res and flushed about 60 litres of water and flora clean through it. I have the stuff to build another drip system that weekly I can swap out. I want to be able to soak the system for 24hours in cleaner as the the salt residue builds at a tremendous rate. I'm not sure if it's the nutes im using or my water!
420-magazine-mobile1170088805.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1143268340.jpg

Those 5 soon to be six pipes lead to my drippers
420-magazine-mobile729308884.jpg

Couple under skirt shots!!
420-magazine-mobile1414440638.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1715586086.jpg

I have got a bit of work to do tomorrow with the cuttings.

Does anybody have any experience or recommendations for root stimulant for the aero's water?

Wassup everybody! :)
Just ordered a raspberry pi processor. Going to use it to monitor the temp, humidity and
Ph if I can find the right probe.
It was a thought I had a while back but have seen put in to practise on Gandalfgreens journal, that was enough for the instant purchase! It's an Impressive bit of kit, I'm looking forward to programming! :)

Had a bit of an accident and my tower fan fell on my plants! .It was balancing on some foam on a box because of noise and low and behold it fell!!!! I can't believe if it didn't cause more damage, I only lost 2 small tops! As a result I don't want to risk it anymore and bought myself a new 8 inch klimacool fan! It's wall mounted, quiet and pushes a tonne of air!! :) I'll grab a photo of it tomorrow!
I took quite a lot of leaves from under the canopy today that just weren't gonna make it and I'm wondering if it's too late to take the other arms that aren't going to reach the net?
I've read that the main Defol should be done whilst still in veg. I'd hate to stress them out to the point of turning male with a mistake like
That but If anyone has any knowledge on the matter I'm all ears!! :)

Peace

Great job on that LST and SCROG homie! Looking great! Did you cut out all the stems and leaves below the net? Or did you leave them in? Can't wait to see how that Purple Skunk turns out...she's one I've wanted to grow for a minute!

First Time Growing Purple (LED | SCROG) | Grasscity Forums

Indoor LED/CFL SCROG - GG#4 and Skywalker x Grateful Breath | Grasscity Forums

By the way, here's my nute schedule I've tinkered with for my Purple strains which seems to do really well in my indoor SCROG setup. Might be useful to someone
2583e42848de37f84fc72068ef73252d.jpg

That's chab! :) I have left the. Stems but removed the fan leaves that weren't getting any light and dying off! I'm in two minds on wether to removed the stems or not! At what stage did you defol under the net?

Thanks for the feed schedule it's another great reference point!
I am using canna coco a&b and a handful of their extra products! If I've done 4 runs with these nutes and I think I'm going to change...
Since changing to a Res with drippers my feed sits for 4-5 days! I have a small pump circulating the water but it's leaves a nasty film of nutes and my ph is rising .5 overnight! I'm going to use Remo nutes next with top ups of RAW ingredients.
I watched a very interesting video that someone else recommended in here! It's an hour long but defo worth a watch! I'm onto part two myself now! :)

Full Plant Nutrition Rundown Grow Class by Harley Smith (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube

That's chab! :) I have left the. Stems but removed the fan leaves that weren't getting any light and dying off! I'm in two minds on wether to removed the stems or not! At what stage did you defol under the net?

Thanks for the feed schedule it's another great reference point!
I am using canna coco a&b and a handful of their extra products! If I've done 4 runs with these nutes and I think I'm going to change...
Since changing to a Res with drippers my feed sits for 4-5 days! I have a small pump circulating the water but it's leaves a nasty film of nutes and my ph is rising .5 overnight! I'm going to use Remo nutes next with top ups of RAW ingredients.
I watched a very interesting video that someone else recommended in here! It's an hour long but defo worth a watch! I'm onto part two myself now! :)

Full Plant Nutrition Rundown Grow Class by Harley Smith (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube

Dude much love can't wait to watch this! Yeah definitely remove any shoots that haven't made it to the net by the time you do the switch to 12/12. At that point, I trim EVERYTHING that hasn't reached the net (over a couple days, not all at once). I learned over the last few grows that these buds will never reach their full potential and end up airy popcorn buds. By removing them, you'll see a huge increase in the energy the plant redirects to those juicy top buds. The loss of the stems that didn't reach the net is made up for in the weight increase on stems that did. Trust me. Not to mention this greatly increases air flow. I'll also cut any big fan leaves in half horizontally if they are blocking any bud sites. Finally, throughout Flower I make sure to pluck off any new bud sites that show up below the net as they will never get the proper lighting and are simply wasted energy during a time when those top buds need it. Hope this helps!

No worries man! Im going to have to watch it again a couple of times and take notes as there's so much valuable information! It's poorly recorded so I would recommend using headphones as there is a tonne of ambient noise!
Thanks for the info :)
If I'm honest I don't have too many shoots that didn't reach the canopy but Im going to slowly remove them over the coming days! I spent a lot of time training the larger arms down so everything could catch up... definitely didn't think I would be vegging for 10 weeks! :D I feel I may be a tad overcrowded but it seems to be a stem per 3" square so fingers crossed that's enough space,
. I've never grown this way and I'm blown away with what I've done with my space compared to last time. I'm going to treat myself to a new hps bulb as well! I've used this one since Feb and it was a cheapy!

No worries man! Im going to have to watch it again a couple of times and take notes as there's so much valuable information! It's poorly recorded so I would recommend using headphones as there is a tonne of ambient noise!
Thanks for the info :)
If I'm honest I don't have too many shoots that didn't reach the canopy but Im going to slowly remove them over the coming days! I spent a lot of time training the larger arms down so everything could catch up... definitely didn't think I would be vegging for 10 weeks! :D I feel I may be a tad overcrowded but it seems to be a stem per 3" square so fingers crossed that's enough space,
. I've never grown this way and I'm blown away with what I've done with my space compared to last time. I'm going to treat myself to a new hps bulb as well! I've used this one since Feb and it was a cheapy!

For real man my first SCROG blew me away. The LST you did looks perfect and I did a similar way by topping twice into a four way LST and then training those branches horizontally. I'm also at just about one stem per 2x2 square, just make sure you have enough room for them to almost double in the stretch!

My main tip I could pass on would be to do a staggered harvest. Once you've reached peak harvest time, harvest the top buds that have received the most light and get those into a drying box, then continue the flowering for any of the buds that haven't quite caught up. A few extra weeks of flower for some of the semi light-neglected buds can do wonders for final yield (something I learned the hard way and was stuck with a lot of popcorn lower buds). Stay in touch, keep an eye on my grow and I'll do the same!

That's a great idea, I don't know why I've never thought of that despite looking at the lowers buds and thinking, they could do with a couple more weeks! Crazy that I've never read it on here either.

Of course, I've been subbed since my first reply to you! I'm really interested in your strains :) I'd love to have access to a plethora of cuttings! It must of been fun choosing! ...

Peace

Seriously it literally changed my life, I get so many more quality buds off of a staggered harvest. I just bought a couple big cardboard boxes and laced some string through the top. I hung the buds and cut a hole for a fan at the bottom and a couple air holes on the top. Keeps it dark and cool and allows me to get the buds that are ready out of the tent to expose the lower neglected buds to the light. Literally within a day those buds perk up and start pushing out resin and fattening up.

And yeah man we are blessed out here in Hollywood. I have endless strains to choose from and always pick cuttings off of Cannabis Cup winning mothers. Definitely takes the guessing game out of a grow

Subbed in to ur grow bro the girls look great if i may recomend the AN they r great for the ph and giv the plants a serious kick wit them brilliant nutes and i started usin them half way through flower but defently notice the difference wit usin them

Subbed in to ur grow bro the girls look great if i may recomend the AN they r great for the ph and giv the plants a serious kick wit them brilliant nutes and i started usin them half way through flower but defently notice the difference wit usin them

I use the Bud Candy from them and actually met Big John awhile back an learned a ton. Awesome products Man. Check out my grows below

First Time Growing Purple (LED | SCROG) | Grasscity Forums

Indoor LED/CFL SCROG - GG#4 and Skywalker x Grateful Breath | Grasscity Forums

Welcome Quinny! :) yeh Remo nutes are made by a guy who used to work for AN and then left to develop his own recipe. I've only got it on a trusted recommendation that it's not as many bottles but has the same great effect! :)

Ye i got recommended myself to the AN but i luv them in how quick my girls responded to them but if uve got the same stuff but different name then thats great news for ya hope the grow goes well il stay tuned
420-magazine-mobile243652079.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1077371868.jpg

Heees my lively ladies nearly finished up have a new led comin perfect sun 1 so lookin forward to it for the nxt grow happy growin

Ye i read big john story on google was an interestin read now seems a very smart man even had a look at a few youtube vids with him in it seems a nice fella

Back
Top Bottom