Just My First Tub Grow

devilmac87

Just been wanting to jump into this hydro thing and see how I did!
420-magazine-mobile340565700.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1555635427.jpg
420-magazine-mobile990371312.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1998210148.jpg
420-magazine-mobile860154979.jpg

U.S. Marine vet

Thank you for your service.

I like to only place one plant in each container. That way, if something attacks one, the others might be unaffected. And so that, if one dies and has to be removed, I won't be faced with the choice of either leaving its root system behind or harming the other plants' roots when I remove the dead one's roots (and probably still leave a good bit behind).

Thank you for your service.

I like to only place one plant in each container. That way, if something attacks one, the others might be unaffected. And so that, if one dies and has to be removed, I won't be faced with the choice of either leaving its root system behind or harming the other plants' roots when I remove the dead one's roots (and probably still leave a good bit behind).

Thanks for the advice. I have been reading for weeks now, and just said I'll do it and see what will happen. Any advice on nutritions being added into it? I have a app that tells me what to put in and how much. But I didn't know when or how to check if there Eatting.

If you have a pH and an EC (or "TDS") meter, that'll help you track what your plants are doing. Or at least a pH meter. Slow pH movements are generally a sign of nutrient consumption. If it tanks, that often indicates you've got something living in your nutrient solution that you don't want. If your PPM (parts per million of total dissolved solids in your solution) drops, the plants have consumed some nutrients. If it goes UP, they're using more water than nutrients (making the solution more concentrated). Et cetera. Very handy things, meters.

A lot of new growers buy pH "test strips." I've never been a fan of those because I'm color-challenged, because nutrient solution is already tinted... and because I can get a digital Milwaukee pH600 for $20 to $25. That's the cheapest pH meter I'd use. It's pretty basic. Manual calibration (you have to turn the little screw with the included screwdriver until it reads 7.0 when it's sitting in 7.0 soution), it's only single-point calibration, the probe isn't replaceable (but replaceable probes cost more than the cost of this meter, so that's not really an issue), and it only reads out to one decimal place. But it's a little less than half the price of a Milwaukee pH56, which I recommend to people who can easily afford the price.

If you have a pH and an EC (or "TDS") meter, that'll help you track what your plants are doing. Or at least a pH meter. Slow pH movements are generally a sign of nutrient consumption. If it tanks, that often indicates you've got something living in your nutrient solution that you don't want. If your PPM (parts per million of total dissolved solids in your solution) drops, the plants have consumed some nutrients. If it goes UP, they're using more water than nutrients (making the solution more concentrated). Et cetera. Very handy things, meters.

A lot of new growers buy pH "test strips." I've never been a fan of those because I'm color-challenged, because nutrient solution is already tinted... and because I can get a digital Milwaukee pH600 for $20 to $25. That's the cheapest pH meter I'd use. It's pretty basic. Manual calibration (you have to turn the little screw with the included screwdriver until it reads 7.0 when it's sitting in 7.0 soution), it's only single-point calibration, the probe isn't replaceable (but replaceable probes cost more than the cost of this meter, so that's not really an issue), and it only reads out to one decimal place. But it's a little less than half the price of a Milwaukee pH56, which I recommend to people who can easily afford the price.

Meters get here Monday. Went and borrowed a ph and ppm meter from my friend. Then we went to the store again
420-magazine-mobile1014241723.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1910781353.jpg

Bought a flow and grow system and a new RO system. And more hydroballs lol.

So last night I put a tea blend into the tub to boost the roots grow. The three on the left really liked the tea. The other three well there still a little sad from the transplant.
Hope they keep pushing.
420-magazine-mobile167226029.jpg
420-magazine-mobile194676532.jpg

Man them look great!!!. I'm doing everything I can do to keep them healthy. I will be posting more when work slows down. more pictures to come.

Gorilla glue bag seed the only sick one is bag seed another strawberry cough from seed bank n i have a baby in there u cnt c it but its old school strain from seed bank but its like a trouble sprout idk

420-magazine-mobile1305002895.jpg

Well wife couldn't take them being in the closet anymore so I had to move them to the big room.
Roots looked very good
Learned that hydro guard is a must
Going to plant some more in the tube in a few days as well

Back
Top Bottom