Smokie Returns - An Organic Grow With a Purpose!

smokiebear

Gather round, grab your meds of choice and take a seat. This is going to be quite the experiment! :cheer:

The goal: Enough dried herb to keep myself medicated as well as enough FHO to keep my brother in law medicated, and his symptoms manageable.

The strains: I have 4 strains in pots. The two that are above ground are Dark Devil Auto, and a Trans Siberian Auto (I think... it was lose in the container and it's the only one unaccounted for). The two that are still deciding if they're going to grace us with their presence are Med Gom 1.0, and Purple Amnesia Auto. Once things get a little more interesting, I'll introduce them all.

The soil: I am using Pro-Mix organic soil, EWC, added vermiculite as the top half, and Jobe's Organic Tomato & Veg mixed into the same soil mix in the bottom half of each pot. I will be watering with compost teas, and adding alfalfa & kelp meal when I can finally grab them. Pots are fabric because I just like them better.

The big stuff: The tent is a 2 feet by 3 feet and 5 feet tall. I am using a 300W led light currently, but hope to add a second 300W at some point in the grow. Ventilation is a 6" exhaust fan, and a 6" fan in the tent for air movement. All mechanical equipment is on 18/6.

The reasons: I'm really tired of the dispensary not knowing what they're talking about. They mislabel strains, have the wrong information on most of them, and rarely carry CBD products. We need to have CBD, and I will be hunting down more seeds as we grow. They also over dry their buds, so there's that as well.

The harvest (which is planned for the last week of September), will be split in thirds. One third will go to FHO, one third will go to a regular dry and cure, and the last third will be dried and cured in the refrigerator.
The methodology is that these 4 plants are all about how to get the best out of what I'm growing, improving that best, and improving myself along the way. :love: By finishing my harvest different ways, I will be able to accomplish this and share my results with all of you!

It's great to finally be back and growing again. I've missed the community so much, and forgot how much joy everyone here brings into my life. :hug: I hope you'll join me on this journey!

Changes for today;

I've been reading through RTK's grows again because I want to absorb as much of that information as possible. So today begins a new light schedule of 20/4.

Med Gom has arrived above soil, although she doesn't look too happy right now.

I also increased the exhaust fan speed as the temperature was hitting 28 degrees and I'd like to keep it around 23.

I forgot to mention training techniques! Stoner moment. :Laugh2:

I'm planning on tying those bitches down. The tent space is limited (as you'll soon see), and will all be shaped to maximize the lights!

I *think* I've got it all this time!

Likin what I'm reading meng. Definitely subbing for this one. I'm thinking about tryin some autos for my next run too. I wish clones were easier to get, but such is life.

What were you thinking for training?!

Scrog?!
Thank you! I've only grown autos myself, but I've helped friends in photo grows. If I can swing another tent, I'll be doing both.

Naw, I'm gonna take their tops and tie them down! I've got binder clips and floral wire ready to go. I'm a huge fan of LST.

Thank you! I've only grown autos myself, but I've helped friends in photo grows. If I can swing another tent, I'll be doing both.

Naw, I'm gonna take their tops and tie them down! I've got binder clips and floral wire ready to go. I'm a huge fan of LST.

I tied the main stock on my White Widow, and she went OFF with branches. Also looks like a some sorta bonsai creation after all is said and done too. You going to top them be fore bending?

Changes for today;

Basically nothing :Laugh2:

Purple Amnesia didn't do diddly squat, so her pot is now awaiting a Candy Kush Auto.

I also ordered a second light for the girls! Woohoo, power!

That's really it for today.

Hopefully by the weekend we will have some real progress and something to show.

Have a sweet day!

I tied the main stock on my White Widow, and she went OFF with branches. Also looks like a some sorta bonsai creation after all is said and done too. You going to top them be fore bending?

I always top. I'm too impatient to leave them alone :Laugh2:

If I could keep myself away from them, I would let one grow naturally. But there's just something about basking in the pink light, and playing in the soil.

I'll be honest, there is nothing going on in there and I've already checked on them three times today.

Subbed for this 1 !
I am a die hard organic grower , i live and grow by it.. So if you have any questions or just need allround advice , im always around :)
This sweet lovely plant should be grown by everyone who enjoys its company .. so im glad u dropping the dispensary ! You will enjoy this

Subbed for this 1 !
I am a die hard organic grower , i live and grow by it.. So if you have any questions or just need allround advice , im always around :)
This sweet lovely plant should be grown by everyone who enjoys its company .. so im glad u dropping the dispensary ! You will enjoy this

Thank you LionFromZion! I really do enjoy just sitting with them. I haven't had a hobby that I've ever loved as much as this.

Last time I used Advanced Nutrients so this is a whole new ball game.

In fact, sitting in my car I've got EWC and hay to top the pots with.

And a question comes to mind. Living worms in the pots, or no? If so, can I just kidnap them from outside?

Subbed for this 1 !

Thoughts on Nectar For The Gods? I know it's not 100% true organic but it's close.

This is the most rewarding hobby :)

Iv been using a mix for the last couple of years and kind of swear by it. This is what I use and have advised many organic growers to use, its inexpensive and works like a charm:
- Organic soil mix
- Worm castings
- Bone meal
- Vermiculite
- I always add something extra to help with drainage stones , bark/trimmings, sand etc.

Then all I feed my babies is:
- Cal mag
- Nitrosol ( half dose in veg and 1 and a half dose in flowering )

Tried and tested haha :)
Hope this helped you a bit bud.

Oh Yes 1 more thing.. When you start feeding the plants remember , FEED FEED FLUSH repeat

On Friday, we discovered BIL has 3 more lesions. These ones are on his brain. They haven't confirmed MS yet but said that's all they think it could be.

This was of course coupled with a second family emergency, and I just had no desire to be online. I hope you'll forgive me!

I've got a picture post coming tomorrow, and I'm currently germinating my very first photoperiod! Two out of five auto seeds didn't take, but I mean they're over a year old and were improperly stored.

Hey no worries take care of the family. I recently hit my head hard enough to crack my skull and mess up my neck bad so I understand I used to be able to do geometry and trigonometry in my head now days I can hardly add and subtract.

Alright, thanks to a migraine and a night in the hospital, I'm even further behind.

I am thanking myself for going organic though, and not coming back to any issues. Woohoo!

The Tent Of Wonders

Back left; empty pot cooking. Middle; med gom (RIP my rootless friend). Back right; dark devil and trans Siberian.

Capture.JPG

Dark devil is on the left, and trans siberian on the right. Days 7 & 6 respectively.

Capture1.JPG

And this is where the tent got neglected until basically this morning.

DDA & TS were topped quickly on day 12 & 11, and watered. Life was too busy happening though, so it was a quick trip in & out of the tent.

As for today, I really should've took before pictures, but there's just something about tying a girl down first thing in the morning...

On the left we've got Candy Kush at day 10 in the sole pot. In the shared pot we've got DDA in the front at day 17, and TS in the back at day 16.

Capture2.JPG

Temps have been relatively stable been 24-26 during the days and 20-22 during the nights.

Capture3.JPG

Training is much more intense this go around. I'm less afraid to hurt them, and more curious about what I can pull by manipulating them.

I'm rather impressed so far with how simple this grow has been compared to previously. I don't know if I'll ever go back to bottles and fussing after this!

Back
Top Bottom