Using Miracle Grow Seed Starting Potting Mix For Autoflower - Need Advice

MrSwishaa

Thi is what I have so far;

MG- seed starting potting mix- nitrogen( 0.03%) AV phosphorus- 0.03%, and soluble potash - 0.03%

MG sphagnum peat moss - nitrogen (0.19%) AV phosphate- 0.11%, Soluble potash-0.15%

Sta-Green Vermiculite

Miracle grow perlite - nitrogen (0.07%) AV phosphate - 0.07, soluble phosphate 0.07%

I live in the Deep South so this was the best I could come up with.

Please give me your opinions on what I can do to better my medium. Please keep in mind I only have what is at lowes at my disposal. I am using a 600w led and 2 5 gallon buckets. All feed back welcome

Can I use the miracle grow seed starting soil through out my entire Auto flower grow?

MiracleGro fertilizers tend to be high in nitrogen, which encourages vegetative growth, but when flowering you'll want more potassium and phosphorous--a fertilizer formulted for blooming.

Remember that everything you need to grow is available at amazon.com!

Scientific thanks for your feedback. So I could use the miracle grow soil I have and then order the fox farm nutes for flowering?

I have the miracle grow seed starting potting soil. I will use that through the entire grow. I will mix some peat moss, perlite, and vermiculite in as well. I will purchase the fox farm nutes for flowering. Do you think that will be okay?

I have the miracle grow seed starting potting soil. I will use that through the entire grow. I will mix some peat moss, perlite, and vermiculite in as well. I will purchase the fox farm nutes for flowering. Do you think that will be okay?

I'd just mix in 20% perlite in with the potting soil and leave out the vermiculite and definitely leave out the peat moss (which tends to be VERY acidic).

Fox farms is a good brand. You might want to use it at 50% of their recommended strength and see how your plant does with that.
I'd recommend their 3 bottle solution: Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula

I use General Hydroponics 3-bottle solution, which is cheaper (yes, you can use GH stuff for soil).
718wK3MuSYL_SL1200_2.jpg

You can save yourself some money by just buying Flora Micro and Flora FloraBloom and skipping FloraGrow. Look up "Lucas Formula."

51_5fXIIUzL.jpg
81Zw10OVKIL_SL1500_.jpg

Do you think I will have solid results with the miracle grow seed starting potting soil, and perlite? I will have a good light, and grow space. Everyone is just saying the miracle grow will burn up the Auto flower but the seed starting potting soil dosent have any of the time released nutes so I think it's fine. Do you agree? I just don't want to mess up man. I want to do this right and atleast get 2oz per plant.

If you really really want to do it right, I'd suggest getting some Fox Farms potting soil, too. I'm a coco coir and hydro guy, but I know that people love Fox Farms Ocean Forest with 20% perlite added. That plus the three-bottle Fox Farms nutrient kit should give you absolutely guaranteed results.

You'll want a pH meter, pH 7.0 calibration solution, and a PPM meter as well.

And you'll want to check your water. If it's not good (e.g. > 50 PPM from the tap) get reverse osmosis purified water by the gallon at WalMart.

$tart up costs $uck, I know. ;)

I will get the fox farms soil for my next grow. Will the miracle grow work for now? As long as I keep all ph levels and my environment in balance?

I have 10 seeds of the crop king northern lights Auto flower. So I will do 2 in the miracle grow and then order the fox farms.

I will get the fox farms soil for my next grow. Will the miracle grow work for now? As long as I keep all ph levels and my environment in balance?

I would think that the MG would be fine to get started. It might actually be a little better because it's less "hot" than the FFOF.

I have 10 seeds of the crop king northern lights Auto flower. So I will do 2 in the miracle grow and then order the fox farms.

CK Northern Lights should be good for a first grow. Follow the CK germinating instructions exactly. (I think their process is really good.)

Autos are great for simplicity (and you can give them light for 24 hours a day for the whole grow if you want!), but remember that the plant will start to flower after about three weeks, so you really need to make that first three weeks count.

Be careful not to overwater.

Good luck.

Start a grow journal and post a link here! :)

I'm with Scientific all the way. Grew some great buds in FF soil. A little more expensive but yield was worth it for me. I've gone 95% RDWC but still do a little in FF soil if I go to dirt.

Back
Top Bottom