Soil - Bag Seed GG4 - Grow Journal - 2017

StonedVet

I'm a bit late to the party as I'm into my grow almost a month now, but found this and felt that it would be a great outlet. I hope that I haven't screwed things up too much so far. Below is a list of my setup if there are any other pertinent details that I've left out please let me know.

What strain is it? GG4 (from bag)

In Veg stage - Day 28
Indoor Soil - Fox Farms Ocean Forest
What size pot - 3 Gallon Smart Pots
Size of light? 2 X 300w LED
Air cooled tent - 2x4x60
Temps - 82/88 day, 77/74 night.
RH - 35-55%

This first post will be long as I will try and summarize up to current date, and will attempt to be more thorough moving forward.

July 15 - Popped 4x GG4 bag seed into planters filled with FF Warrior soil. (Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, Thing 4)
July 16 - Realized I was so excited about starting my first grow that I didn't soak seeds, so for good measure I soaked a 5th seed overnight in water and planted in FF warrior (Ethyl)
July 18 - Day 1 Avg temp 84 humidity 44%. Thing 3 and Thing 4 both popped up and said hello today :thumb:
July 19 - Day 2 Thing 1 popped up this morning, and the last 2 planters are showing arches they're going to stand up today :thanks::cheer:
July 20 - Day 3 All plants standing 100% Germination!!!
July 21 - Day 4 AM watering of all plants growth surprisingly quick. Also noticed here that I had to really raise up my lights due to the beginning signs of light bleaching. I had them at 14 in above canopy raised them to 20 in.
July 22 - Day 5 Lights were still to close to plants raised up to 24.5 in. Things 3 and 4 showing signs or second set of actual leaves. Temps got high used makeshift AC by having my fan blow over a bowl of ice. temps still did creep up to 91 humidity was 41%.
July 23 - Day 6 Another scorcher here using makeshift AC temps still got to 93. Thing 4 isn't looking good with this heat stem turning white and it's behind in growth. 9:30pm added a foliar spray with 4 drops or .02ml of BioBizz, Bio Grow 3-0-8 to a liter of spring water. Used GH ph test to verify PH levels added to spray bottle and misted plants.
July 24 - Day 7 All plants seem to like foliar spray plants showing signs of stretching up finally sug leaves are elevated off the cotyledon leaves and new leaf growth coming. I wonder if it has to do with normal plant growth or foliar spray played a part in advanced growth. Decided not to do another foliar spray today will see if plant growth stays the same or if I need to continue a more aggressive regimen. Think I may need to invest in an Air Conditioner beat a record set back in 1926 today. Temps in the tent got up to 91 but was able to maintain avg of 89. humidity stayed between 30-40% as usual not having issues keeping humidity stable.
July 25 - Day 8 added am foliar spray again this morning when the lights first came on. Checked on plants in the evening they seem to have reacted well again to foliar spray same concentration as before.
July 26 - Day 9 All plants showing exceptional growth. I am amazed with Ethyl, I believe she may surpass all others :thumb: Thing 4 still not showing same vigor as the others. Also watered today still no nutes in soil.
July 27 - Day 10 re-arranged tent to accommodate bringing lights up higher lights now at 37in above canopy will monitor and make adjustments as necessary.
July 28 - Day 11 another foliar spray @ 7am. Thing 4 has a gimpy leaf and I'm afraid it may be nute burn, but it was looking pretty rough a few days ago. Evening water weather more favorable today temps high 89.
July 29 - Day 12 Not a lot of change continue to watch temps
July 30 - Day 13 fed all plants with 1/4 strength bio grow and 1/4 strength cal-mag PH 6.5. Removed thing 4 from the tent put it outside on the patio half because I needed to cull the herd and half because I didn't have the heart to kill it yet.
July 31 - Day 14 plants are happy even Thing 4 is looking better outside. Again knowing I need to cull the herd I decided it was time to top thing 2 to monitor reaction to topping young.
August 1 - Day 15 Thing 2 isn't dead yet, and Thing 4 is still looking better outside
August 2 - Day 16 Not much change just monitor temps that reached 104 despite valiant effort to cool things off. Thing 2 still looking good after topping.
August 3 - Day 17 Repotted all remaining plants in the tent from planters to #3 smart pots Ethyl and Thing 3 are HUGE. Things 1&2 are still looking miniaturized. I guess I was just in the re-potting spirit as I even repotted Thing 4 on the patio into a 12in galvanized bucket however I ran out of FF Ocean Forest so I repotted in more FF Warrior. Decided to do foliar spray again still no change in concentration.
August 4 - Day 18 All plants still looking healthy thing 2 has good looking new growth.
August 5 - Day 19 Not much to report just monitoring temps and Thing 2.
August 6 - Day 20 Fed all plants with .5ml/L cal-mag, and .5ml/L Bio Grow mixed 2 liters of that and gave each approx .5 liters.
August 7 - Day 21 Did not make any adjustments just monitor
August 8 - Day 22 Watered all plants in the morning. Topped the remainder of the plants.
August 9 - Day 23 All plants showing new growth Ethyl is getting HUGE with Thing 3 close behind. Things 1 and 2 are bushing out but still much smaller than the others.
August 10 - Day 24 Seeing some new growth, and definately some stretching. Decided to Top Thing 2 for the second time at 3rd new node after last topping still experimentation.
August 11 - Day 25 Fed plants same 1/4 strength mix of cal-mag & Bio Grow roughly .5 liters each. Continuing with making Thing 2 my guinea pig I pruned up the plant by cutting off everything before the 3rd node off the main stalk.
August 12 - Day 26 Continue to monitor plants
August 13 - Day 27 Received pocket scope in mail pruned up the bottom of the other plants and scoped leaves and just WOW it's beautiful!. Watered all plants checked PH of runoff 6.5.

420-magazine-mobile1701953180.jpg
420-magazine-mobile64687762.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2123710411.jpg
420-magazine-mobile783577348.jpg
420-magazine-mobile792314987.jpg
420-magazine-mobile512688686.jpg
420-magazine-mobile766501069.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1737073004.jpg
420-magazine-mobile561672531.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1680855738.jpg
420-magazine-mobile264947318.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1515378612.jpg

Day 32 Plants are showing signs of phosphorus deficiency I used a foliar spray of Bio-Bloom 1-2-2 to hopefully get them the nutrients they're needing. I also ordered the foxfarm trio and will begin that regimen next feeding time. Also took the opportunity to begin LST on Ethyl and Thing 1.
More good news. I also received my closet case 100 from spectrumking LED. I was worried about the lack of red spectrum in my ViparSpectra as they are very blue dominant, and sofar the plants are loving it. Will update later today or tomorrow with pictures.

Day 32 Plants are showing signs of phosphorus deficiency I used a foliar spray of Bio-Bloom 1-2-2 to hopefully get them the nutrients they're needing. I also ordered the foxfarm trio and will begin that regimen next feeding time. Also took the opportunity to begin LST on Ethyl and Thing 1.
More good news. I also received my closet case 100 from spectrumking LED. I was worried about the lack of red spectrum in my ViparSpectra as they are very blue dominant, and sofar the plants are loving it. Will update later today or tomorrow with pictures.
Sounds like everything is going well.

Not sure what happened, but I feed plants with FF grow big @ 2tsp per gallon with 6tsp per gallon of big bloom which is what FF recommend for soil feeding at week 2 of vegetation I verified pH, and split 1 gallon of feed between the 4 plants. Things 1 & 2 seem to be taking to it well but the 2 larger plants Ethyl and Thing 3 almost instantly started drooping. I hope that they will recover here are some pictures let me know what you think..
420-magazine-mobile81523091.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2005015897.jpg
420-magazine-mobile203224506.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1730534541.jpg

Day 38 Plants were thirsty again today. I fed them 6tsp per gallon of big bloom and 3tsp per gallon grow big. I verified pH and fed each plant roughly 1 liter.

I also have been trying to decide when to flip the lights to 12/12 I've been reading up on the topic, I believe that I am going to start working the lights down to 12s over the next few days. I was hoping for signs of sex before flipping, but I'm afraid the plants will get to large for my space if I do.

Back
Top Bottom