The Hermie Grow

Jackalope

When starting seeds for my next grow. When picking my regular seeds to start. I did something I don't normally do. Collect all the info before starting seeds. I have a bunch of seeds from a Lavender x Da Purps cross that I wanted to try. I remembered a little of what I was told but not all of it. After starting the seeds I talked with the breeder and got the whole skinny on them. Yep I should have asked first.

A whole breeder pack from Soma Seeds was grown out. When flowered all the plants showed at least some signs of being hermies. Even the male flowers had white hairs. Out of all the females 2 showed only a couple of male flowers that were trimmed off no more grew back. Of these two females one was crossed with a Deep Purple male. The other to a Da Purps male. ( The breeder was working on a purple project at the time.) Other then the hermie traits the Lavender plants were impressive. These seeds are the offspring of the Da Purps cross.

Like I said if I had the whole story to begin with I would never had started the seeds at this time. I hate hermies. At first I was going to scrap all the plants. All the sprouts are doing so well I did some figuring. I found a way to keep most in a smaller space. When the grow goes to veg these will go to flower. I'm leaving a few in veg to get some size. This way by the time my grow goes to flower I will have had 4 weeks with the other plants to know if they are going to hermie. If the females are all clear at 4 weeks they can join the others in a quarantine corner. If there is any sign of hermies the plants from the main grow will be scrapped also . I will then have time to spread everything out and let fill in. If all is good I have a couple of large plants and a few small test colas to sample. So that is the plan now to watch and wait
thumbnail_0903171752a.jpg

Here is a perfect example of seed price. Soma Seeds are quite expensive. Its hard to eat all the money invested when all you get is hermies. In this instance 1 dollar would have been to much for a whole pack of hermies. If this breeder had not had breeding projects going and male plants ready then all his money would have been lost. It still might have been. We will see.

I know Soma grows all natural. Even to the point of communal beds for his plants. Or at least he was when I read his book. I have heard that he also does not breed out hermie traits because he feel it is a natural part of the plant. The last part is word of mouth and not fact. Any input on this from other people that have grown Soma gear would be great. I got a friend with Rock Bud and New York Diesel from Soma that are nothing but a high dollar question mark now.

So far all Lavender crosses are showing female. 1 was put to flower 2 weeks earlier then the rest as a watch plant. So far this plant has tried to put out 2 flower pods. I'm going to watch and trim this one for now. Maybe it will stop later in flowering. As long as male flowers are only a few and easily trim then I will keep it. If it goes full hermie I will cut it. Lots of hope for the other 3. All these plants are cookie cutter the same. First I have seen such uniform growth from a F-1 All were toped early and are bushing out perfectly with a good open structure for light penetration.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom