First DWC Grow - Peyote Cookies From Barneys Farm

HiTTeR84

Hi there boys, this is my first message here on this forums, as well as my first DWC grow, i need some suport from the veterans here :p so i will detail all the things i got so you boys can help me a little bit with some tips and tricks.

At the moment this is what i have:

1 80x80x160cm Tent
1 DWC pot of 5 gallons
1 Small fan
1 Sputnik reflector
1 Digitall ballast of 600W (250 400 600 superlumen)
2 Temps and humidity meters
3 Clocks/Timers
1 Extractor of 107 mh 3 hour (conected to the light extracting the heat, until i get one good extractor and filter when i go into the bloom)

IONIC Hydro grow
IONIC Hydro Bloom
IONIC PK Boost
IONIC Liquid Silicon
IONIC Nitrozyme
IONIC Liquid oxigen

Tap watter 300ppm and 7.0 PH for now i dont have how to measure PH and PPMs, but i was making the readings 3 weeks ago with a friends meter. ( i need to buy the tools to read but no money just now)

So, i planted the seed exactly 3 weeks ago (peyote cookies from barneys farm), used the kitchen paper method and then after 2 days i transplanted it to roock wool. Only tap water in the DWC pot for the first 2 weeks, then i started to feed 1/4 Nutes, today i will change the reservoir and use i think half of the recomended nutes.

I put here 2 pictures from my setup, and i will really apreciate every tip and trick and moral support you guys give to me. From today i can upload pictures every time you need boys! At the moment the plant its under 250W and for me looks good but who knows...maybe i can improve hes life a little bit!

91bCJ0o.jpg
i39Gkhp.jpg

From what I can see it looks like you're doing fine. One word of advice...buy the best pH pen you can afford, it makes a difference. I've had a dozen cheap yellow pens, the Blue Lab blows them out of the water and is still going strong after two years. Good luck.

Hey I'm subbing hitter. Good luck mate.

One tip to getting accurate feedback - try to take photos in a more natural light so we can see the true colour of your plants. If somethings up at all it'll help diagnose. All looks good to me from here. Definitely will need to get onto the pH and EC especially for a first run. Doesn't take alot of time for things to go south in dwc if not on top of it.

Received! i will look for a PH meter as soon as possible, really really apreciated for the answers boys!

I tried to adjust the whites of the camera to test if i can get beter pictures under the light. Anyways if required i can bring the plant to natural light for pics when needed.

I started the seed day 7 of september so it has now 22 days at the moment of the next pictures.

FlgdmgS.jpg
CCtNrPt.jpg
topIKMB.jpg

Huh can not measure it now, but the room its at 21º at the floor level, i hope the winter comes fast...
Only reason I ask is if you're reservoir is in the same room as your plants and it's gonna hit 28C you may have some trouble with rootrot. Especially with nothing added to help control pytheum. I use Z7 in my res as a preventative measure, so do a fair few others. If winter is coming and you aren't expecting the heat to stay you could possibly get by just putting some ice bricks in there daily to help. Try to have the temp of your res below 24C at least.

Hope this helps

Yeah man, after reading your message i started to make some ice to add into the reservoir and added 1ml/l of this liquid oxigen to the reservoir, will do that daily until the cold hits here, must not be much time from now to start get colder days here (i hope :D ).

Yeah man, after reading your message i started to make some ice to add into the reservoir and added 1ml/l of this liquid oxigen to the reservoir, will do that daily until the cold hits here, must not be much time from now to start get colder days here (i hope :D ).
Great idea. That liquid oxygen will help, as you lose dissolved oxygen in higher temperature water (which I'm guessing you already knew)

Bring on winter ay?!

Noope, i didnt know, tomorrow i will try to make it properly, i was working a little bit on the extraction system just now and the temps looks stable now at 25.1º and 58% and the plant its looking more happy :D thanks you for the support mate really apreciated to dont stay alone on this!

Can you explain me how much water should i put to heat and about what temperature should be optimal?

Noope, i didnt know, tomorrow i will try to make it properly, i was working a little bit on the extraction system just now and the temps looks stable now at 25.1º and 58% and the plant its looking more happy :D thanks you for the support mate really apreciated to dont stay alone on this!

Can you explain me how much water should i put to heat and about what temperature should be optimal?
Thats good to hear dude. And don't mention it. People did the same for me when I was starting out, it's all good karma.

Not quite sure what you meant about amount of water to heat? Sorry, but anywhere between 18-23C is optimal. Swinging outside of that is ok but too cold and you'll get stunted growth, too hot and you'll get algae, rootrot and a dead plant.

So in winter ya gonna want your lights on probably through the night when it's coldest and check temps in case you need a water heater or similar

Also mate, not sure how long you been cruising the forums but would be worthwhile checking out a few journals doing similar grows to yours and get some tips and ideas that may help. Rifleman who commented on here is a definite go to. Pennywise is another. From there you can expand your searches, but if you start throwing a few likes and thanks and comments around you'll find more people here helping you as best they can. Most peeps here are willing to help anyone who asks.

Sorry for getting carried away there lol

This forums are crazy fullfilled with good info, i love it! this is how the plant its looking today, still not sure of the water temp in the reservoir but the plant its looking good and the temps outside today are better.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Daily update of this small girl, i need advice because i have a doubt about when and how to cut the head of the plant, as you know boys, i have not much space to make this grow at the moment, so i think i need to topping the plant of FIMing it but i never did it and i dont know when to make it or what method to use, i need some suggestions here if possible and i only have this plant going so i can not fail...

1.jpg
2.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------​

This point started few days ago as a really bright small dot on this point, today its looking a bit yellow, looks nothing crazy, i dont know.

3.jpg
4.jpg

Plant still alive, grower is still free, 2 weeks aprox to finish. It take to me lot of time to get a properly extractor and filter so i dindnt went into the bloom until day 28 October...Plant its doing well at the moment but i dont know well what to expect, everything has gone wild, so much time in veg...Smell is strong to lemon, kush, and some diesel looks like its going to be a really nice smoke but who knows...so complicated at this point to acces into the roots or pull out the plant from the tent...crazy shit i want to finish and start properly again now that i have the most tools, filter, extractor, ph meter etc, but first i need to test the quality of that run to take some decisions...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

How is it looking for you boys?

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom