Mike's COB Grow In 2x2 Tent - Red Shiva

Mike10

What's up everyone, this is my second grow and I will be switching to cobs. I've been reading a lot on them and they seem pretty good.

What am I growing.?
Red Shiva hybrid- Panama red with Hindu kush. 3 seeds

What medium am I using?
Pro-Mix hp- coco and perlite.

Lights?
I am using 4- 32w cfls at the moment. Waiting on my cob lit to show up. Hopefully will be here this week.
Cobs I'll be using are 4 CLU048 1212 3500k 80cri gen6. About 200w max but will dim down and work my way to where the plants like it.

Is it in veg or flower?
I placed my seeds in cup of water on Sunday Sept 24. I put them in soil Sept 27 and today Sept 30 they have all sprout.
Day 3 veg.

Nutrients?
I have fox farms nutrients, big bloom,grow big , and tiger bloom. I have these now but want to move to something else. Anyone know of all organic? Any Info on other nutrients would be nice.

Temps of room?
Temps of my tent have been 79degrees being highest and 70 being lowest.
I have a 4"intake and 6"exhaust. Also have clip fan in the middle of my tent. About 2'. Made a filter with shoe box for intake.

Thanks guys for anyone who might have followed my first grow/journal. This time I get to start from seed in my tent. Hopefully i can do better. Bummed I don't have my light kit yet but these cfls should do the trick for 1 week.

Here is a picture as of today. And a pic of the medium and tent.

20170930_182128.jpg
20170930_182404.jpg
20170930_184815.jpg

What's up everyone, this is my second grow and I will be switching to cobs. I've been reading a lot on them and they seem pretty good.

What am I growing.?
Red Shiva hybrid- Panama red with Hindu kush. 3 seeds

What medium am I using?
Pro-Mix hp- coco and perlite.

Lights?
I am using 4- 32w cfls at the moment. Waiting on my cob lit to show up. Hopefully will be here this week.
Cobs I'll be using are 4 CLU048 1212 3500k 80cri gen6. About 200w max but will dim down and work my way to where the plants like it.

Is it in veg or flower?
I placed my seeds in cup of water on Sunday Sept 24. I put them in soil Sept 27 and today Sept 30 they have all sprout.
Day 3 veg.

Nutrients?
I have fox farms nutrients, big bloom,grow big , and tiger bloom. I have these now but want to move to something else. Anyone know of all organic? Any Info on other nutrients would be nice.

Temps of room?
Temps of my tent have been 79degrees being highest and 70 being lowest.
I have a 4"intake and 6"exhaust. Also have clip fan in the middle of my tent. About 2'. Made a filter with shoe box for intake.

Thanks guys for anyone who might have followed my first grow/journal. This time I get to start from seed in my tent. Hopefully i can do better. Bummed I don't have my light kit yet but these cfls should do the trick for 1 week.

Here is a picture as of today. And a pic of the medium and tent.

20170930_182128.jpg
20170930_182404.jpg
20170930_184815.jpg

Hey there Mike10, I'm currently using Cobs on my grow. You'll love them. In the mean time I used Nectar Of The Gods nutrient the whole Grow and loved this stuff. Very easy to grow in soil also. If you email them about their starter kit you only pay for shipping cost! They are a sponsor here on 420 also. Good Luck!

Hey there Mike10, I'm currently using Cobs on my grow. You'll love them. In the mean time I used Nectar Of The Gods nutrient the whole Grow and loved this stuff. Very easy to grow in soil also. If you email them about their starter kit you only pay for shipping cost! They are a sponsor here on 420 also. Good Luck!

I got an email and they should arrive today. I can't wait to put my cobs together.
I will also look Into the nutrients thank you.

How long have you been using cobs? I have a 2x2x4ft tent and want to know if I'll be ok using cobs in a small tent. I read that they need atleast 12" from the canopy.

I got an email and they should arrive today. I can't wait to put my cobs together.
I will also look Into the nutrients thank you.

How long have you been using cobs? I have a 2x2x4ft tent and want to know if I'll be ok using cobs in a small tent. I read that they need atleast 12" from the canopy.

I've been using them for about 9 months now. Just remember to keep them around 18-20 inches from canopy. My tent is pretty much the same size, 2x2x5. You should be ok!

I've been using them for about 9 months now. Just remember to keep them around 18-20 inches from canopy. My tent is pretty much the same size, 2x2x5. You should be ok!

I wish I had that extra ft. How far from your plants do you keep them.? I think I'll only be able to grow 1ft plants. Maybe top and LST to make more heads and keep it short.

I wish I had that extra ft. How far from your plants do you keep them.? I think I'll only be able to grow 1ft plants. Maybe top and LST to make more heads and keep it short.

Mike10, I had always kept them around 18 inches from the top of plant. You can still grow 3ft tall plants with some LST and or scrog. You will find the sweet spot once they really get going! Here's a look at mine in the early stage.
420-magazine-mobile2062886131.jpg

Mike10, I had always kept them around 18 inches from the top of plant. You can still grow 3ft tall plants with some LST and or scrog. You will find the sweet spot once they really get going! Here's a look at mine in the early stage.
420-magazine-mobile2062886131.jpg

That's really Nice! What kind of cobs are you using? Did you order a kit that was assembled already or did you build yourself?
So 18" from the canopy and 18" from plant.

That's really Nice! What kind of cobs are you using? Did you order a kit that was assembled already or did you build yourself?
So 18" from the canopy and 18" from plant.

Hey Mike10, yes from the top of plant. I tried to keep it like that throughout the whole Grow. Which you'll be moving them up as they grow. At the end of a Grow I was all the way up.
As for Cobs, I had a guy build me mine. Which as you can see 2 were plenty for the space that we have. They are the vero 29 chip with I believe the 35000to 65000 spec. I never had to turn them all the way up. That's how bright they are. Maybe 3/4 way up is all I needed. And your plants will love it..! But be careful as you can burn them. Good Luck!

Hey Mike10, yes from the top of plant. I tried to keep it like that throughout the whole Grow. Which you'll be moving them up as they grow. At the end of a Grow I was all the way up.
As for Cobs, I had a guy build me mine. Which as you can see 2 were plenty for the space that we have. They are the vero 29 chip with I believe the 35000to 65000 spec. I never had to turn them all the way up. That's how bright they are. Maybe 3/4 way up is all I needed. And your plants will love it..! But be careful as you can burn them. Good Luck!

You only have 2? I have 4 cobs that I am building which I am not able to put up:(. I broke one of the small clamps on bjb holder. And I did not order spare parts so I am waiting on those now. Ordered a few. So do you think 4 cobs will be too much? I put a dimmer on it so I can lower them which is what I was going to do. Maybe start at 125w or so. And move up.

I also got a 2 cob kit that is at 150w but the driver has a knob to lower it. I could use that one as it did turn on and wow are they bright!. But I originally wanted the 4 in my tent.
Any suggestions?

So today is day 5 of these little plants. I was building my cob lights today but I broke small piece on a cob holder so has to wait a few days now.
Here is a pic of the plants. Don't know when to start nutrients. When do you guys usually start?

20171002_220129.jpg
20171002_220121.jpg

You only have 2? I have 4 cobs that I am building which I am not able to put up:(. I broke one of the small clamps on bjb holder. And I did not order spare parts so I am waiting on those now. Ordered a few. So do you think 4 cobs will be too much? I put a dimmer on it so I can lower them which is what I was going to do. Maybe start at 125w or so. And move up.

I also got a 2 cob kit that is at 150w but the driver has a knob to lower it. I could use that one as it did turn on and wow are they bright!. But I originally wanted the 4 in my tent.
Any suggestions?

Hey Mike, it's kinda up to you really. But I have done 2 grows now with just 2. I also have a dimmer on it which I did use. About 1/4 way on and that was only 24watts while in veg for awhile. I never had to turn them all they way up. At least so far. Maybe you could save some $ on just 2, yeh they are bright. This is one plant I grew under it.
420-magazine-mobile1606977957.jpg

So today is day 5 of these little plants. I was building my cob lights today but I broke small piece on a cob holder so has to wait a few days now.
Here is a pic of the plants. Don't know when to start nutrients. When do you guys usually start?

20171002_220129.jpg
20171002_220121.jpg

There's enough nutes in that soil your using for probably 3-4 weeks. I would wait a couple more weeks befor you feed. Still kinda young bro!

There’s enough nutes in that soil your using for probably 3-4 weeks. I would wait a couple more weeks befor you feed. Still kinda young bro!

Yea I know I usually wait 2 weeks but wanted to know how early people feed. I'll wait the 3 weeks and see how they are doing. Thanks a lot man for helping me and giving me info on your experiences.

I have both kits if I didnt say that already. I have 1 kit that is 4 cobs CLU048 1212 3500k 80cri gen 6 max 200w series

Then a second kit of 2 cobs cxm22 3500k 80cri gen3 150w max. Parallel

Just wondering what would be best. Of course I want to use more light in the tent. But wondering if it's too much.

Red Shiva - First COB Build & Grow

I have both kits if I didnt say that already. I have 1 kit that is 4 cobs CLU048 1212 3500k 80cri gen 6 max 200w series

Then a second kit of 2 cobs cxm22 3500k 80cri gen3 150w max. Parallel

Just wondering what would be best. Of course I want to use more light in the tent. But wondering if it's too much.

The 2 Cobs that I have go to 200 Watts. I never had to turn it up all the way yet. Just about 3/4 the way at peek. More light is better but take in mind that you don't want to burn your plants.
I read here somewhere that you can grow all the way up to Cobs as long as leaves don't touch. But my biggest one came about 10 in. Away from them Mike. Also I used 3 gallon pot inside. And I grew one outside this year in a 6 gallon pot. Here's a pic right before harvest which I'm currently doing now!
420-magazine-mobile39409955.jpg

Re: Red Shiva - First COB Build & Grow

The 2 Cobs that I have go to 200 Watts. I never had to turn it up all the way yet. Just about 3/4 the way at peek. More light is better but take in mind that you don’t want to burn your plants.
I read here somewhere that you can grow all the way up to Cobs as long as leaves don’t touch. But my biggest one came about 10 in. Away from them Mike. Also I used 3 gallon pot inside. And I grew one outside this year in a 6 gallon pot. Here’s a pic right before harvest which I’m currently doing now!
420-magazine-mobile39409955.jpg

Beautiful plant buddy! I have 12 girls outside that have a few more weeks left. One I harvest half of it right now too!!! I'll post a pic.

But that is I don't think I'll run mine high at all then. I'll start low to let them get use to it and then turn it up little by little.

Here is a pic of what I harvest and pics of the girls outside under my deck because it rained a few days. It's getting cold out hopefully I finish my shed this weekend. It's about done just need to feed wire to breaker box.

Screenshot_20171003-215229.png
Screenshot_20171003-215212.png
20171003_214825.jpg

Here is a pic of what I harvest and pics of the girls outside under my deck because it rained a few days. It's getting cold out hopefully I finish my shed this weekend. It's about done just need to feed wire to breaker box.

Screenshot_20171003-215229.png
Screenshot_20171003-215212.png
20171003_214825.jpg

Very nice Mike10, good job!

Today is day 7. They seen to be doing fine. Keeping my temperature in the 70s. All I'm doing is watering. I barely water. Don't really know how much I put in. It's just a few drops in there. Water ph level at 6.2
Here is a pic

20171004_215323.jpg

So finally got my lights up!!! Very excited to see how these work. My next question would be how far from the plants do I keep them right now? They are a week old. Here's a picture of my cob frame/light that I put together.

20171005_161641.jpg
20171005_161627.jpg

Back
Top Bottom