New Grower Journal

Kimber2269

Hello. I am new to growing. I am growing from seed. I have 4 white fire widow OG and 2 Blue Dream. Just regular seeds, not feminized or autos. I have a 4x8 tent that will be housing these. I will be using 2 par600. One for each 4x4 section. I also have 2 smaller mars 300w for the middle section so nothing will be missed. I currently have my seedlings in solo cups. I am using FFOF only for them. I have no added any nutes yet. Looks like they are healthy right now. They are currently 13 days old from seed. They are currently under 4 cfl bulbs. I have a fan on them currently. Very small one on low and a humidifier next to it. I live in a very dry climate. Trying to get up to 50% humidity. Currently holding at 44%. They are currently on a 18-6 cycle right now. I am average roughly every 3 days for watering. Any tips or trips would greatly helpful. Thanks for looking!
6a57f577d20c882122c12c0463a054c9.jpg
8cd88567997e2fd88f9f227371081783.jpg

Hey I'll jump in if that's cool!

Looking good so far, my one tip right now is bring that humidity up to around 60 65 for where you are in your grow. Seedlings like 70, then drop it 5% for each week of growth. Having high humidity will really help your plants get a good head start!

I know your in a dry climate, would you have access to a plant tray and tall dome? Try googling 7" nano dome and you'll see what I mean. Nice and tall for clones or bigger pots and good because of the vents on top so you can dial in your humidity! Picked mine up at a nursery, 10 bucks for the whole thing!

Best of luck! I'll subscribe and be here to help when I can! :cheesygrinsmiley:

:welcome:

Hey I'll jump in if that's cool!

Looking good so far, my one tip right now is bring that humidity up to around 60 65 for where you are in your grow. Seedlings like 70, then drop it 5% for each week of growth. Having high humidity will really help your plants get a good head start!

I know your in a dry climate, would you have access to a plant tray and tall dome? Try googling 7" nano dome and you'll see what I mean. Nice and tall for clones or bigger pots and good because of the vents on top so you can dial in your humidity! Picked mine up at a nursery, 10 bucks for the whole thing!

Best of luck! I'll subscribe and be here to help when I can! :cheesygrinsmiley:

:welcome:

Yeah let me put it on and see how that will help.
338f6d94e2d31a60b616a3a0e5e6b6ad.jpeg

You can also spray the inside of the dome with a trigger bottle Right now I'm using little plastic cups and just spraying those lightly and putting them in the tent. Water evaporates as the fan blows near them and helps bring my rh up a few points. I'm in a tent though, for you spraying the dome and the outside of your solo cup should bring it up enough!

How long should I keep these seedling in here before I move it to the tent?
Depends on what kind of conditions you can maintain in there, and what kind of light you plan on hitting them with.

Ideal temps for seedlings are 70 to 85, mine do best hovering around 80.

Ideal RH is 70 for Seedlings, for you id say 65 right now, but 60 will do.

Seedlings need 50% of the light that vegging plants do. So if you can keep a less intense light on it for now,that's good!

The thing to keep in mind is it's not just about getting your environment to hit these ideals, it's about maintaining it. Plants need consistent environments in order to grow consistently!

Sorry if I'm coming off dry XD I definitely don't mean to! I just want the best for your babes as I'm sure you do too!

You could probably hit them with the mars 300 any time,just hang it at 36 inches above your canopy for now and lower it inch by inch if you see stretching.

Depends on what kind of conditions you can maintain in there, and what kind of light you plan on hitting them with.

Ideal temps for seedlings are 70 to 85, mine do best hovering around 80.

Ideal RH is 70 for Seedlings, for you id say 65 right now, but 60 will do.

Seedlings need 50% of the light that vegging plants do. So if you can keep a less intense light on it for now,that's good!

The thing to keep in mind is it's not just about getting your environment to hit these ideals, it's about maintaining it. Plants need consistent environments in order to grow consistently!

Sorry if I'm coming off dry XD I definitely don't mean to! I just want the best for your babes as I'm sure you do too!

Thanks. I will keep them in 4x8 tent with 2 viparspectra 600 par after that. After I put them in the dome my rh is at 60%. Nice jump only after a couple of minutes.
df2573032cc5d5cdc87fd69e7881ddf7.jpeg

Plus I just sprayed the inside of the lid
Between getting those conditions in line and hitting them with a bit of led light you should see a difference in a couple days!

Good luck Kimber!

Stay below 80 at all times, open the vents and see if you can dial it down to between 65 and 70, remember temps and rh are directly related so when lights go out, temps go down, so will rh. Reset your hydrometer so you can get a good read on the environment through the night. Keep dialing it in and you'll do good!

Stay below 80 at all times, open the vents and see if you can dial it down to between 65 and 70, remember temps and rh are directly related so when lights go out, temps go down, so will rh. Reset your hydrometer so you can get a good read on the environment through the night. Keep dialing it in and you'll do good!

I adjusted the vents and the rh looks better now.
568ee366fcd4ba418dd12527131744c1.jpeg

Super cool! They're looking happy Kimber, keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom