First Serious Grow & First Time Growing Autos

IgrowinDC

My Set

48*48*80 Growtent
Hydrofram 300wLed
Fox Fam Soil & Lambert Organic All Purpose Potting Mix (Mixed Together)
2 Seeds (Auto Special Kush #1) (Auto Super OG Kush)
Nuts Fox Farm (Tiger Bloom, Grow Big, Liquid Plant Food Big Bloom)
4 Inch Clip Fan
Ph Tester & Strips
Digital Thermometer (Also tell the humidity)

I did not germinate my seeds I directly put them into the soil me personally I like that way better

My questions are about light schedule with auto now I have done a lot of research and it says autos were created to not only shorten time which thought is not always true and to survive tough conditions so if there's anybody who has any tips for me on that let me know please I welcome all pointers and tips

Next question is about feeding I have also seen that people say go easy on the nuts for autos does anyone else find that true? if so what's your recommended dosages to give and when do you start feeding the plant nuts

Watering I have tried growing a few times and never geta consistent routine in watering if anybody has any schedules or recommendations please help me with that I would really appreciate it

If you have any questions about my set or anything other tips like additional things to add to the soil let me know

My seeds were from seedsman.com
420-magazine-mobile762719988.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1293829841.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1996444741.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1909420934.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1250566002.jpg

Day 3 Update

Auto Super OG (I name her Keshia)
Has popped full out the soil finally
lol I planted the seed directly into the soil

Auto Special Kush #1 (I named her candy)
She has made it up yet I'm sure she will break the soil by tonight the top of her soil was dry so I used the spray bottle to dampen it up a bit

Current Temp:79.3
Humidity: 32%
Haven't watered since day 1
I also lower the light from 3" to 2"

Quick question as well
Now that Keshia has popped out the soil do I still mist with the spray bottle at the top layer of the soil when it get dry?

First 2 pics are Keshia
Third Pick is candy she hasn't risen yet

420-magazine-mobile883914252.jpg
420-magazine-mobile475331483.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1475882899.jpg

Nuts Fox Farm (Tiger Bloom, Grow Big, Liquid Plant Food Big Bloom)
Ph Tester & Strips
Digital Thermometer (Also tell the humidity)

My questions are about light schedule with auto now I have done a lot of research and it says autos were created to not only shorten time which thought is not always true and to survive tough conditions so if there's anybody who has any tips for me on that let me know please I welcome all pointers and tips

Next question is about feeding I have also seen that people say go easy on the nuts for autos does anyone else find that true? if so what's your recommended dosages to give and when do you start feeding the plant nuts

Watering I have tried growing a few times and never geta consistent routine in watering if anybody has any schedules or recommendations please help me with that I would really appreciate it

Hello DC and welcome to the journals! It may take a while for people to find you but don't get disheartened. Keep posting and search the site for answers where you can find them. Post in other journals where you have something interesting to add. Eventually, people will find you.

I don't grow indoors but I do grow autos, so I can answer a few of your questions:

Light for autos can be anywhere from 18/6 to 24/0 from start to finish. Most folks stick with either 18/6 or 20/4 to allow the roots to grow during the dark period.

Feeding autos is more delicate than photos but mostly because you don't have much time to correct any mistakes. With a short lifespan comes a need to make sure you don't mess up, so nutes start at 1/4 the recommended amount on the bottle, and then gradually up from there. Since you and I are using the same nutes, here is the chart from FoxFarms, intended for photo plants so scale up accordingly:

FoxFarms_feeding_schedule_for_soil.jpg

Watch your leaves and if you see the tips start to go brown it means your going too heavy.

I would get a real pH meter rather than strips, as well as a TDS meter to tell you how much your plants are getting and how much they actually need. Each can be had on amazon for under $20.

Watering schedules will change as the plant matures, as the RH in the tent changes, and with the density of your soil/root ratio. When they're young make sure the soil has a chance to dry out so you don't rot the new tap root. Water slowly around the outer edge of the pot to encourage the roots to grow out in search of moisture. Many growers water by feeling the weight of the pot when it's wet and watering when it gets pretty light. The finger-in-the-soil test works well too :)

How often to feed will depend on how often you water, because if it takes a week to dry out, you will be feeding with every watering.

I hope this helps a bit, and I'm sure that searching the site for answers will be helpful even more. Almost everything has been asked & answered with enough time spent searching. And I'm sure the indoor tent folk will find you and help with that part of your grow.

Good luck!

Hello DC and welcome to the journals! It may take a while for people to find you but don't get disheartened. Keep posting and search the site for answers where you can find them. Post in other journals where you have something interesting to add. Eventually, people will find you.

I don't grow indoors but I do grow autos, so I can answer a few of your questions:

Light for autos can be anywhere from 18/6 to 24/0 from start to finish. Most folks stick with either 18/6 or 20/4 to allow the roots to grow during the dark period.

Feeding autos is more delicate than photos but mostly because you don't have much time to correct any mistakes. With a short lifespan comes a need to make sure you don't mess up, so nutes start at 1/4 the recommended amount on the bottle, and then gradually up from there. Since you and I are using the same nutes, here is the chart from FoxFarms, intended for photo plants so scale up accordingly:

FoxFarms_feeding_schedule_for_soil.jpg

Watch your leaves and if you see the tips start to go brown it means your going too heavy.

I would get a real pH meter rather than strips, as well as a TDS meter to tell you how much your plants are getting and how much they actually need. Each can be had on amazon for under $20.

Watering schedules will change as the plant matures, as the RH in the tent changes, and with the density of your soil/root ratio. When they're young make sure the soil has a chance to dry out so you don't rot the new tap root. Water slowly around the outer edge of the pot to encourage the roots to grow out in search of moisture. Many growers water by feeling the weight of the pot when it's wet and watering when it gets pretty light. The finger-in-the-soil test works well too :)

How often to feed will depend on how often you water, because if it takes a week to dry out, you will be feeding with every watering.

I hope this helps a bit, and I'm sure that searching the site for answers will be helpful even more. Almost everything has been asked & answered with enough time spent searching. And I'm sure the indoor tent folk will find you and help with that part of your grow.

Good luck!

One question when do you start feeding your autos nutes I heard day 15 and it's been 4 days and both pots definitely has water in them still the top of the soil just gets dry

Btw thank you for taking the time out to read my post and help me

If your soil isn't hot (meaning it has a lot of nutrients in it) then I would wait at least 14-20 days before adding nutrients. And start low as I mentioned, particularly with the Grow Big. Big Bloom you can ramp up a bit faster as it's not really a nutrient as much as a general good thing ;)

I'd start the Grow Big at 1/4 teaspoon/gallon. Make sure you pH you water after you add all the nutrients, as most nutes lower the pH of whatever you add them to.

Also, get a fan down lower so you can help dry out the soil faster and keep those stems a'buzzing. Helps them stiffen up as they grow!

You have nutes enough for a while (in the soil)
I stalk Shed, so you're gonna have to put up with me in here too!! Hahaha

Let the soil dry on on the one that popped ground. Should take a couple days. You're gonna notice her growing rapidly!!!

Excited for the ride!!!!
Shed has you set so far!!

Oh and keep your lights high above, for now

I'll jump in while this thread is young and help where I can!

Subbed!

If your soil isn't hot (meaning it has a lot of nutrients in it) then I would wait at least 14-20 days before adding nutrients. And start low as I mentioned, particularly with the Grow Big. Big Bloom you can ramp up a bit faster as it's not really a nutrient as much as a general good thing ;)

I'd start the Grow Big at 1/4 teaspoon/gallon. Make sure you pH you water after you add all the nutrients, as most nutes lower the pH of whatever you add them to.

Also, get a fan down lower so you can help dry out the soil faster and keep those stems a'buzzing. Helps them stiffen up as they grow!

I have a 6inch fan I'm getting ready to add now

I used fox farm ocean crest and lambert all purpose organic potting mix think I'm going to wait until day 14 - 20 to start feeding

You have nutes enough for a while (in the soil)
I stalk Shed, so you're gonna have to put up with me in here too!! Hahaha

Let the soil dry on on the one that popped ground. Should take a couple days. You're gonna notice her growing rapidly!!!

Excited for the ride!!!!
Shed has you set so far!!

Oh and keep your lights high above, for now

Cool thanks for the advice and the shed talking is welcome lol I appreciate you helping me out

So You say move the light back up to 3 ft or keep it at 2 ft

Re: First Serious Grow & First Time Growing Autos

Cool thanks for the advice and the shed talking is welcome lol I appreciate you helping me out

So You say move the light back up to 3 ft or keep it at 2 ft
I'd say 3' during this stage. Wait until you get a couple of sets of true leaves before you lower it.
The distance between those nodes will tell you if she's getting enough light

Day 4 1/2 Update

Auto Super Og(Keshia) is doing good her stem is about a inch out the ground now she's a fast grower unlike her sister Candy

Auto Special Kush(Candy)
Has finally broken through the soil and you can see her now I'm so happy I was worried but not worried

I have my girls on a 19/5 Automatic timer

Still haven't watered them
I stuck my finger about 2 inches in the soil and it was still moist

The top of the soil is a little dry don't know if I show spray mist on it now that both plant are out

My light is still 30' away from plants

Temperature 78.8
Humidity 48%

KESHIA
420-magazine-mobile797332164.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1770021157.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1440075653.jpg
420-magazine-mobile206422404.jpg

CANDY
420-magazine-mobile789154234.jpg

420-magazine-mobile80970166.jpg

420-magazine-mobile695886201.jpg

^^^truth, they will push roots out in the search for water, as long as there is a bit of moisture they are happy! A plant dome might help too!

lol Cool I'm resisting the temptation as I see that's the main down fall of a lot of rookie growers they over water
Lol were all in the same boat with our babies .

lol Cool I'm resisting the temptation as I see that's the main down fall of a lot of rookie growers they over water
It's too easy to do. Lol
I totally get it, you want to give everything you can to your babies. But think of it as a bubble kid. If they don't get exposed to some adversity, how will they figure out how to overcome it and become stronger?

It took me toooooooo many plants early demise before I took K.I.S.S. to heart.
(Keep it simple, stupid) lol

Back
Top Bottom