First Journal - CFL Soil Grow

cbgb

Here we go , not my first cfl grow but my first journal, any thoughts are welcomed !
la kush x purple punch
indica hybrid femanized
organic potting soil with pearlite and slow release fertilizers
3 plants
feit 150 watt cfl 2800 lumens / daylight spectrum / 6500 k /per bulb
ph balanced water
indoor grow , fan .
organic as it can be, no added nutes , fertz or pesticides .....
Let me bring you up to date ..... 10/10/2017 placed 3 seeds in ½ cup of water with 2 drops of hydrogen peroxide for 24 hrs (this def ! Helps to loosen the seed cap and allows the plant to throw it w/o much effort) 10/11/2017 removed seeds from solution and placed them on paper towel that was moist w/ ph balanced water and in the dark. 28 hours later on 10/12/2017 seeds a & b had 3/4 inch tap root and seed c had ½ inch tap root. On 10/12/2017 seeds were placed in small germ pots at a depth of about 1 inch into soil ... Sprinkled a little bit more soil over each seed hole and each got 1 capful of water, Each seed has it’s own lighting .... placed 1 , 150 w cfl over each pot about 6 inches from top of soil line. Noon on 10/13/2017 all 3 seedlings emerged from soil. 6pm on 10/13/2017 found all three seed caps thrown and seeds a & b were at 1 inch in height from soil line and seed c was about 3/4 of inch. (Next time I would leave seed c for another 6 hours on paper towel to get that optimum 3/4 inch tap root.) At this time only cotyledon leaves are out. // seedlings did well overnight ~ noon on 10/14/2017 seedling a & b are at about 1 3/4" and seedling c is at about 1 ½ inches.. At this time I am noticing stretching.. Placed all lights at about 2 inches from top of seedlings. 10/14/2017 @ 6pm ..1 capful of water to each seedling. 10/15/2017 all seedlings are doing well . All are starting to show their big girl leaves and stretching has ceased. Again each light is 2" from top of seedling. no need for water tonight. i will check in to this journal at least once a week if not more. again all ideas welcome :Namaste: thanks
a353.jpg
b207.jpg
c272.jpg

hey , just checking in .... not much happening but the "two lobed" leaves have increased in size. i am going to give these a born on date of 10/13/17 (when they all emerged from soil)
today would be day 6 ..... each plant got a capfull of ph balanced water. wet weights of pot's after watering... A ~7.9oz / B ~8.3oz /C~8.0oz / going to explore wet and dry pot weights.....will post dry in a few days. 3 days since last watering ( my research has found that it is best for the cannabis plant to use up almost all of its water reserve before watering again) *you can always add water but it is very hard to remove :) * and i added a 1/2 handful of soil to each plant. keeping either a written journal at home or one on here is a must for any farmer.:Namaste:
A1_day6.jpg
B2day6.jpg
C1_day6.jpg

keeping either a written journal at home or one on here is a must for any farmer.

True. The advantage to one here is you get the bonus of other members chiming in with encouragement or help if things go awry. But either way, keep a journal.

@ dyer , thank you very much ! not sure how i did so many w/o a journal. i think everyone should have one. either on here or on paper. this journal is not only for me but for other's who are just starting out. i want to include the fine details , wrongs i have righted, the mistakes i have made and all the good grows !! I remember my first grow ! what a disaster! people on 420 are great... but you have to have some idea of dates , times , watering, light ...etc. it helps ! :Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom