First Grow - 600W LED Northern Lights Auto

Narkgrowop

Hey guys, new to the forums and first post here. Just got my first grow started. I'll be growing 2 northern lights auto's in my homemade grow tent in my closet. Here is my closet grow setup:

2 Northern Lights autos
600w LED
3 gal pots
190cfm exhaust fan
Humidity between 40-60%
PVC tent wrapped in panda film
70% Fox farm soil and 30% perlite

I germinated my seeds and planted on Friday night. I think I planted a little deep as I went roughly an inch into the soil. Tap roots were at 1/4" in length when I planted. I watered until there was slight runoff on my water trays. I plan on running a 20/4 light schedule. I am really excited for the grow and I'm sure I will learn a ton. I am hoping you guys will help me out along the way as well! I will be updating a few times per week. Hopefully the seeds sprout soon!

IMG_20171013_213051.jpg
IMG_20171011_133755.jpg

Day 5 Update:
So both seedlings sprouted yesterday! They look great and have already been getting bigger and consuming as much light as possible. Humidity dropped to about 30%, so I put an open bowl of water in for the night. I watered them today with the water at a PH of 6. I am very excited to see these plants grow and learn more and more along the way.
IMG_20171018_150518.jpg
IMG_20171018_150459.jpg
IMG_20171018_150455.jpg
IMG_20171018_150442.jpg

Of course! Would love to have people following along. Do you have a journal on your grow? How far in are you? I'm really interested to see how the autos grow

Day 6:

I was gone for the weekend and came home today to some very thirsty plants! My soil was very dry and humidity was at 30%. I watered them and managed to get humidity up to 50%. One of the plants is much taller than the other and is also larger but both look healthy (I think!). I have two questions for you guys though. 1) should i be dumping the runoff out of the water tray under the pot? Or is it alright to leave in there? And 2) one of my plants has a leaf that is growing to the side. I dont suspect anything is wrong, just curious as to why that may be. Also, I have fox farm nutrients, however I have read that some folks don't even use nutrients with their autos. What do you guys recommend?
IMG_20171022_183955.jpg
IMG_20171022_183951.jpg
IMG_20171022_183947.jpg
IMG_20171022_183942.jpg
IMG_20171022_183939.jpg

There are much more experienced growers on here who could help you more than me, but i will try to give what advice i can. I dont think you need to water them to run-off just yet. Have to be very careful of over watering with little plants in big pots. I started out watering in a circle around the plants and each water made the circle a little bigger to keep the roots spreading out.

As far as nutes, that soil has probably more than enough to keep them going for the first 14 days or more. Calmag and big bloom wouldnt hurt them, but they wont need much.

Okay that's good to know, I'll hold off on the watering until runoff. I actually read somewhere on here that less water is better to start out as it helps root growth since they are searching for water. And okay that's what I was thinking, I'll probably wait until the 15-20 day range.

Day 10:

Wow these plants are growing quick! It's crazy how much they have grown in just 4 days. I watered yesterday again, and didn't water until runoff. One of them is much bigger than the other, but both look healthy right now. I have been rotating them every once in a while to make sure the light is distributed evenly. Really looking forward to seeing how big they get. When do you guys recommend I start LST?

IMG_20171026_234250.jpg
IMG_20171026_234246.jpg
IMG_20171026_234230.jpg
IMG_20171026_234210.jpg
IMG_20171026_234221.jpg

They are looking good! I've seen a lot of variation on when people start LST. Some do it early to control the shape of their plant, some wait until there is undergrowth being starved of light. Personally i waited until my plant was big enough to survive me making a mistake and breaking something. Hopefully some of the pros will come in here and give a better answer than i can.

I think I am going to start LST around day 14. I want to wait until it gets bigger. Very cool watching your grow since your a week and a half ahead of me!

Day 13:
Both plants have exploded in growth these last few days. I have been watering about every 3-4 days. I'm guessing that they will grow even faster these next 7 or so days. I plan on starting LST towards the end of this week! Humidity has been kind low (low 30%) but everything has been fine. There is no discoloring or anything on the leaves of either plant. They seem to be loving this 600W LED, so I'm very happy I went with the 600w over 450w. I also have a small 75w light for the buds under the canopy when it starts flowering. Plant 1 seems to be doing a bit better than 2, but not by a ton. Still need to come up with names...

Plant 1
IMG_20171030_200510.jpg
IMG_20171030_200514.jpg

Plant 2
IMG_20171030_200518.jpg
IMG_20171030_200523.jpg

Curiosity question.. do u keep your thermometer up top with the light 24/7? I would imagine you would get false reading (higher heat than what the plants are actually receiving?) being so close to the light. Just my 2 cents.

great suggestion. I have always kept the light up there with the light so temp reading is definitely not accurate. I will move that tomorrow!

I'm going to come along on this journey!! I'm using CFL on mine now and I'm setting up my LED tent for my next grow so I will learn with you!!. As far as temps go I picked up one of those gun thermometers that you just point the laser and it gives me the temp so I can go around the whole cab and the top of the leaves and take an average. It was like $20 on Amazon.

I'm going to come along on this journey!! I'm using CFL on mine now and I'm setting up my LED tent for my next grow so I will learn with you!!. As far as temps go I picked up one of those gun thermometers that you just point the laser and it gives me the temp so I can go around the whole cab and the top of the leaves and take an average. It was like $20 on Amazon.

That's a good call. The temps seem to be fine, the LED is surprisingly cool. Glad to hear you have a CFL grow going. I have been having a blast with this so far!

Back
Top Bottom