Papa Wheelie's First Grow - Love Potion #9 Indoor Monster Crop Scrog

Papa Wheelie

Papa Wheelie's first grow
indoor monster crop scrog

I was fortunate to get a couple of clones from a friend late last summer. I put them in a flower box on my deck and they did very poorly do to lack of sun attention and growers knowledge. At the end of the season they were in flower with some very small buds so I decided to bring them inside. Around that time I learned about cloning and went to one of our local hydro stores and got some clone domes and peat pellets. I talked to the person at the store and they told me that I wouldn't be able to and shouldn't clone from flowering plants and to just start over from seed and to throw out the plants from last year. So off to the dispensary near my house I went to buy my seeds. When I got home I planted the seeds I bought and went to throw out the plants but couldn't bring myself to do it. I cut clones instead and brought the two stripped plants inside instead. After doing some research I learned about monster cropping and was very glad I had taken the clones. So here is my first journal and first grow in mixed medium.

Mothers_reveg.jpg

Strains: Love Potion #9, CB Dutch Treat, White Widow, Super Silver Haze

Strain info: Love Potion #9

Love Potion #9 cannabis strain is a 60/40 Indica dominant hybrid. Love Potion #9 cannabis strain is a cross between Northern Lights #5 and Love Potion #5.

Origin:
Clones from a friend that breeds and produces professionally for dispensaries.

STAGE:
The plants I have are in Veg and were taken from plants about three weeks into flower, I took the cuttings for clones on Oct 1st and it took about 10 days for them to root. They started to re-veg around 15 days from cutting (Oct 15th)

20171112_132811.jpg
20171112_132806.jpg
20171112_132743.jpg

The plants are now in there fourth week of veg and doing well

Nov_131.jpg

Medium:

started in peat pellets then into smart pots with coco packed around the outside and plants in pro-mix in the centre.

The pots sit on a ebb and flow table packed in hydrogen pellets and covered with landscape plastic and Mylar.

20171008_125744.jpg
20171015_163527.jpg
Nov_82.jpg

Lights:
315w CMH grow lights x 2
18/6

Room:
4x4x7 grow tent

Nutrients:
flora Nova Grow, Flora Nova Bloom, Cal-mag, Mighty grow enhancer

20171113_122614.jpg
20171113_122541.jpg

Watering:
80 litre reservoir
PH @ 6
Nutrients @ 2500 ppm
flooding table twice a day for 6 hours at a time

Number of plants:

Pests or problems:
Cal-Mag deficiency
Nitrogen deficiency
Spider mites

20171027_103825.jpg

Fungus gnats

Solution:
Cal-Mag deficiency — Botanicuare 2-0-0 Cal-Mag
Nitrogen deficiency- Mighty Growth Enhancer 11-0-0 Veg Booster
Spider mites- Mixture of Dawn, Scotts EcoSense Bug B Gon, Plant wash
Fungus gnats- Mixture of Dawn, Scotts EcoSense Bug B Gon, Plant wash

spider_mite_killer.jpg

All of these solutions worked perfectly all pests are gone and plants are super healthy.

I will add the other strains and photos for them soon

I had gotten slammed hard with spider mites this last summer.My plants were outside and I just could not get rid of them. I just tossed all my clones 3 weeks ago because of an infestation. I feel for you on the mites.

I am very thankful I got mine under control. I think I would have been terribly discouraged.

I'm sitting at about 4500 feet and for the last two years I have been attempting to grow outside during the summer. Even in the summer the temps have dropped into the low 40 high 30's a few times. I just know that every pine needle that fell on my plants had bugs. I was having to spray every three days. If I skipped a week the bugs just came back. I feel like I had wasted so much money on products to keep the little buggers at bay. So, I had decided that it was time to start the construction and get things back indoors. Growing outside is for the pooper. I lost so many plants to the weather and bugs. But on the up side it forced me to read more on bugs and how important the temp is to the plant and soil microbes.

K now that I'm done reading great grow, and i think monster cropping is the way to go if you got small shoots on the bottom your thinking of chucking for focus on upper colas.

K now that I'm done reading great grow, and i think monster cropping is the way to go if you got small shoots on the bottom your thinking of chucking for focus on upper colas.
Lol ry very much I have been wondering what to do I have been reading alot about lolly popping and trimming I know I am going to just not sure when I think I will flip them to 12/12 soon. And no worries ool I had several little trolls of my own... all grown now but hell on paperwork when they were little.

Having never done this before I am leery of going into 12/12 to early... How much stretch can I expect from monster cropped clones? will they stretch the same as from seed plants the first few weeks of flower.. and should I go into flower with room between my nets or wait until they are full before switching to 12/12...all the conflicting info out there is a little mind boggling to the first time grower.

You will have two weeks of new growth after you do your change over (12/12) Keep your new growth tucked under your net. This will let you get more of a spread and a fill for your net.

You will have two weeks of new growth after you do your change over (12/12) Keep your new growth tucked under your net. This will let you get more of a spread and a fill for your net.

Ty for the information.. I was wondering if it would be any different with the monster cropping method.. there has been such a difference up to this point between the MC clones and the plants from seed. I am also trying to figure out at what point to switch to 12/12.

Looking at your photos you have a bit of a ScrOG going and 4x4 looks fairly full. You could let it go for another week or so if you wanted. Or you could suck it up and just do it. :) If, you keep your new growth tucked you won't have to worry about the stretch or the uneven canopy. After your 2 weeks stop tucking. Most of my successful grows were ScrOGed.

Is this the only space you have for growing? 1 or two tents? Your smaller plant could be pulled out and put back in latter. Just mark it with a date so you know. Before life happened I was doing a harvest once a month. Each month 2 went in and 2 came out. I just kept them dated.

Keep up the good work! :bravo: They look good :adore:

It is the only space I have at thr moment for flowering. I have a veg tent that is 2x4 but it is full right now in anticipation for this one to finish. I want to be able to fill the 4x4 again soon as it is done. I think I will give it another few days and switch to 12/12 havent decided yet lol

Back
Top Bottom