Indoor
Soil = FFOF
2&3 gallon pots
500 actual LED
67-71 lights out / 75-80 lights on
Fox Farms nutes
Calmag
Superthrive

So here we go with my second grow!!! This one has already started but we are just about to get into the fun stuff!!

The plants will be:
One Good ( Mostly Untouched )
One Bad ( Some LST and defoliation )
One Ugly ( Serious LST mainlined and heavy defoliation)

I had 3 +Speed Auto seeds left and needed a fast grow before I have to shut things down for a week in February. So this one is going to be me comparing a few things between the plants, pot size and manipulation. So this is how things will work. And before I start I do know that the things I do may not be good for the plant but instead of me just reading these things I would like to see them for myself.

Nova #2 (Good)
Day 19 - 3 gallon pot and will be untouched for the most part. She was topped at the 4th. She has been fed Big Bloom at 1/2 strength during week 2 every other. Once a week superthrive 2 drops per gallon. Week 3 she is getting 1/2 Big Bloom 1/4 Grow big every other.
420-magazine-mobile1877427629.jpg

Nova #3 ( Bad )
Day 19 - 2 gal pot she will get some LST and some defoliation. Same feeding as above. She was topped at the 4th. She got hit with some heavy defoliation today just so I could get to the growth tips and pin them down. Moving forward she will keep some more leaves. Im giving the top two tips a few days to grow a little longer before I pin them down.

Nova #3 before
420-magazine-mobile713476126.jpg

Nova #3 after
420-magazine-mobile1440235990.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1261374814.jpg

Nova #4 ( Ugly )
Day 12 - 3 gal pot she will be getting the hard work!!! I will be topping at the 3rd and mainlining most likely only one leave per bud site to see how this effects the plant. I also may give her more nutes to help her respond and keep moving but I will have to wait and see how she responds first. She was fed Big Bloom 1/4 strength at the beginning of week 2 and also will be getting superthrive, 2 drops per gallon, once a week.
420-magazine-mobile32211138.jpg

Come along for the ride and watch me try to keep these girls alive!!!

Ok a little update on the young girls.

So I can definitely see the affects of chopping off all the fan leaves and really beating up on them while they are young. The stems on Ugly are definitely not growing even at a fraction of the size of her sister!! But I'm curious to see what happens when she gets all healed up. I am also noticing that the addition of 20% Perlite is showing it's own issues since last grow without it. Watering is needed more often and the girls don't seem to be as sturdy at their stalks. So here we go with the update.

Nova #2 (Good) Day 21
She is growing really quick! She got her first feeding of 1/4 strength veg nutes and took off.
420-magazine-mobile1284605547.jpg

I really love the spacing between nodes on her. The og Nova from last grow was soooo tight probably due to being under CFL for the first 3 weeks and the 1 gallon pot.
420-magazine-mobile1234053635.jpg

Nova #3 ( Ugly formerly known as Bad) Day 21
Switching things around a bit. Seeing how things are going I'll be putting the most stress on this girl and topping and lst on Nova #4.
She had her first feeding at 1/4 strength veg nutes and she is putting on some leaves. I do see some browning/cracking at the second nodes from when I pinned her down. She is still putting on leaves but I think that and pulling ALL the fan leaves really slowed her down. Time will tell.
420-magazine-mobile660784705.jpg

420-magazine-mobile704677685.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1886385854.jpg

Nova #4 (Bad formerly know as Ugly) Day 14
She has been feed 1/8 veg nutes and was topped today at the 4th. In about a week I will be pinning her down.
420-magazine-mobile42489986.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1354187671.jpg

Update on the girls

Before I get into the girls i picked up a TDS meter today and checked my tap water and it read 44, isnt this very low for tap?

Nova #2 (Good) Day 26
Growing at a really fast pace she is at 7". Watered with calmag and superthrive 2 nights ago and tomorrow will get 1/2 Veg nutes of big bloom & grow big.
420-magazine-mobile1306497035.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1030559440.jpg

Nova #3 (Ugly) Day 26
She is looking ok but it seems as though she is a week behind Nova #2. I'm sure it's due to the heavy training and cutting of fan leaves. She is only 2" off the soil. Loosing that week could cause a major issue with this very short lived strain. But time will tell. Watered with calmag and superthrive 2 days ago and tomorrow will get 1/2 Veg nutes of Big Bloom & Grow Big
420-magazine-mobile84025208.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1082299355.jpg

Nova #4 (Bad) Day 20
She is looking good and I'm sure she is about to go into her stretch so tonight I made my first attempt at LST seemed to go well but any suggestions would be great. Watered with calmag and superthrive 2 days ago and tomorrow will get 1/4 veg nutes of Big Bloom & Grow Big.
Before
420-magazine-mobile685396678.jpg

After
420-magazine-mobile1685287930.jpg

Re: Droopy's Good, Bad & Ugly Soil Grow 2017

A little update of the girls!!

So Nova #3 (Day 30) is starting to rebound and starting to show some growth! But we will see if her rebounds are worth the week I lost. Her canopy is so level it's crazy!! I took a few leaves from the center that were blocking lower growth today. She is on day 3 of no water so most likely I will need to water tonight or tomorrow. All the girls leaves are standing tall so I think I will give them an extra day. I'm also considering giving nutes again, up till now it's been nute, water, nute water without showing any burn at all so I'm thinking of going nute, nute, water to try and gain back a little of what I lost.

Nova #3 overhead
420-magazine-mobile1518040644.jpg

Look at that level top!!
420-magazine-mobile1993722540.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1021458140.jpg

Nova #2 (Day 30) is putting on about an inch a day!! She is drinking well and I'm so happy I topped her!
Overhead
420-magazine-mobile1768086458.jpg

420-magazine-mobile189368920.jpg

Nova #4 (Day 24) is doing well and has been really neat to watch. I had the 2 tops together when I first pulled her over and last night there was enough growth to split them up. I took a few leaves today that I couldn't tuck but only 3 or 4. I have seen two tops pop up from underneath that would have most likely been nothing so know I understand why this is a smart thing to do!! It's pretty neat watching them try to get in the top position!!
Overhead
420-magazine-mobile1589906420.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1913862505.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1137642839.jpg

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!!!

I like experiments. Glad you are doing and sharing these methods.

Right hand lady wins the flat canopy award which should help with maxing out the buds. The yield per plant will be a good measure to compare. Do you have other assessment criteria in mind?

I like experiments. Glad you are doing and sharing these methods.

Right hand lady wins the flat canopy award which should help with maxing out the buds. The yield per plant will be a good measure to compare. Do you have other assessment criteria in mind?
Well I'm up for whatever. But overall yeild will be the most telling. What other assessments should we look at? I'm thinking I will most likely try going strong on the "flat canopy" girl with nutrients as well.

Watered and Feeding tonight

Nova #2 & Nova #3
1/2 - Veg Nutes
1/4- Flower Nutes
1/2tsp - Calmag
Ppm - 652
pH - 6.2

Skipped the water only this week to double up on feeding. This is their first shot of flower nutes so I hope they take it well. I will water only next and probably a good bit to give them a bit of a flush but being a really short cycle I don't think they really need a flush half way through. I took a good bit from Nova #3 tonight to open a bit up for light and air. I took about one leaf at every site.

Before #4
420-magazine-mobile967356822.jpg

After
420-magazine-mobile1234837200.jpg

Nova #4 is a week behind so she got
1/2- Veg Nutes
1/2tsp - Calmag
Ppm - 567
pH - 6.2

She is hard to water because all the tie downs getting in the way so I cleaned up a few leaves at the bottom to help. Only took 3 bottom fans.

Back
Top Bottom